HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Preds Sale Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-27-2007, 05:47 PM
  #76
pondnorth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I really hope you guys manage to stay in Nashville. A team in Hamilton will fail miserably. It isn't going to attract any new fans, because everyone there already is a hockey fan and has been thorughly exposed to the sport (and those who aren't, it is because they truly dont like the sport), and already have a favorite team. Leaf fans are incredibly loyal, so I'm guessing not many will jump on the new team on the bolck's bandwagon.

Whereas Nashville (especially now that there is a good team) can only grow in popularity attracting new hockey fans. I'm guessing most Pred fans are relatively new hockey fans, something that will not happen anywhere in Canada.

Just my 2 cents. Balsillie is a thief.
2 cents is about all your post is worth,if people in Nashville don`t buy tickets and corporations don`t support the team there will not be a team in Nashville.Why don`t you guys buy tickets?Thiefs don`t buy hockey teams,they steal them,220M is not stealing.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:56 PM
  #77
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondnorth View Post
Why don`t you guys buy tickets?
Do you really care? Honest question. The answer to your question probably lies in the 50 other threads we have here. It might do you some good to search on our 'problem'. That is if you really care.

Quote:
Thiefs don`t buy hockey teams,they steal them,220M is not stealing.
Funny, all we hear about is how Quebec City and Winnipeg had their teams stolen and how moving Nashville would bring back justice. I guess its not stealing if a team is going to Canada eh?

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 02:55 AM
  #78
pondnorth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
Do you really care? Honest question. The answer to your question probably lies in the 50 other threads we have here. It might do you some good to search on our 'problem'. That is if you really care.



Funny, all we hear about is how Quebec City and Winnipeg had their teams stolen and how moving Nashville would bring back justice. I guess its not stealing if a team is going to Canada eh?
Yes i care ,i love hockey,honest answer.I have read all there is to read for months on end about `your` problem and you need not bring up Quebec or Winnipeg because they have zero to do with `your` problem. Bottom line is your market is not supporting your `problem` and if you don`t start selling more tickets in a gate driven league your `problem `will become an bigger problem.

pondnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 04:06 AM
  #79
billcanuck
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 49
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chileiceman View Post
I really hope you guys manage to stay in Nashville. A team in Hamilton will fail miserably. It isn't going to attract any new fans, because everyone there already is a hockey fan and has been thorughly exposed to the sport (and those who aren't, it is because they truly dont like the sport), and already have a favorite team. Leaf fans are incredibly loyal, so I'm guessing not many will jump on the new team on the bolck's bandwagon.

Whereas Nashville (especially now that there is a good team) can only grow in popularity attracting new hockey fans. I'm guessing most Pred fans are relatively new hockey fans, something that will not happen anywhere in Canada.

Just my 2 cents. Balsillie is a thief.
Considering you've got an Av player as your avatar, I assume you follow Colorado. Were the guys who moved that team from Quebec thieves?

billcanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 06:18 AM
  #80
Artyukhin*
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,831
vCash: 500
stop hating Basillie ,William "Boots" DelBiaggio is your new owner

Artyukhin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 06:35 AM
  #81
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by doug mckenzie View Post
stop hating Basillie ,William "Boots" DelBiaggio is your new owner
You know, I could stomach a move to Kansas City more than Hamilton.

I've only become anti-Canada with the recent wave of anti-Nashville propaganda from the Canadian fans and media.

So, as sad as I would be to see the Preds go, it would warm the cockles of my heart to know that the elitest old guard gets screwed again.

That said, we're still going to get 14,000. I still firmly believe that, for any business, the city of Nashville is more promising than a market like Kansas City, and that we actually might have a chance to turn this new guy.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 06:42 AM
  #82
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
You know, I could stomach a move to Kansas City more than Hamilton.

I've only become anti-Canada with the recent wave of anti-Nashville propaganda from the Canadian fans and media.

So, as sad as I would be to see the Preds go, it would warm the cockles of my heart to know that the elitest old guard gets screwed again.

That said, we're still going to get 14,000. I still firmly believe that, for any business, the city of Nashville is more promising than a market like Kansas City, and that we actually might have a chance to turn this new guy.
I feel the same way. As hard as it would be to get over it after enough time I could handle it.

I also think we will hit the mark this year. Hopefully the upcoming rallies get a great turnout. I am feeling optimistic about the upcoming season.


Last edited by Paincakes: 06-28-2007 at 06:50 AM.
Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 07:08 AM
  #83
Roger Explosion
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Emerald, QLD
Country: Australia
Posts: 231
vCash: 500
Ya know what I agree with you too, if our team does move I'd much rather see them in Kansas City than Hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
You know, I could stomach a move to Kansas City more than Hamilton.

I've only become anti-Canada with the recent wave of anti-Nashville propaganda from the Canadian fans and media.

So, as sad as I would be to see the Preds go, it would warm the cockles of my heart to know that the elitest old guard gets screwed again.

That said, we're still going to get 14,000. I still firmly believe that, for any business, the city of Nashville is more promising than a market like Kansas City, and that we actually might have a chance to turn this new guy.

Roger Explosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 07:53 AM
  #84
RollingPredFan
Registered User
 
RollingPredFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 632
vCash: 500
I haven't seen this anywhere but in Canadian sources.

Well I'd rather local guys buy it but it looks as if they are having trouble getting money.

But like you guys better Boots than Basillie

We still have to make 14k.

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:25 AM
  #85
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
How stupid.

I went through a traumatic franchise relocation, and I didn't care if the Expos were going to Washington, Hamilton, Nunavut or freaking Timbuktu - they were still ripping my team away from me.

I don't understand how people can be happier about their franchise going one place over another - it's the same damn thing to me.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:31 AM
  #86
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
How stupid.

I went through a traumatic franchise relocation, and I didn't care if the Expos were going to Washington, Hamilton, Nunavut or freaking Timbuktu - they were still ripping my team away from me.

I don't understand how people can be happier about their franchise going one place over another - it's the same damn thing to me.
Dont get us wrong, we still think it sucks and would hate to lose the team. Its just with all the hate we have been getting that has been coming from Canada, we just much rather they be deprived of another team than anyone else. If KC trolls had been showing up doing the same thing it would be a much different story. Just going with the lesser of two evils here.

I dont want KC to get the team at all, but if it comes down to that the Preds must move, rather KC than Hamilton.


That's my take on it and how I feel.


Last edited by Paincakes: 06-28-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
  #87
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
Dont get us wrong, we still think it sucks and would hate to lose the team. Its just with all the hate we have been getting that has been coming from Canada, we just much rather they be deprived of another team than anyone else. If KC trolls had been showing up doing the same thing it would be a much different story. Just going with the lesser of two evils here.

I dont want KC to get the team at all, but if it comes down to that the Preds must move, rather KC than Hamilton.

That's my take on it and how I feel.
Well, I did have a lot of hate for DC* now that I think about it, so I guess I can understand that.








*-Now I just laugh at the horribly inept team they've turned my beloved MLB franchise into

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:39 AM
  #88
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
How stupid.

I went through a traumatic franchise relocation, and I didn't care if the Expos were going to Washington, Hamilton, Nunavut or freaking Timbuktu - they were still ripping my team away from me.

I don't understand how people can be happier about their franchise going one place over another - it's the same damn thing to me.

Easy, you didnt have to put up with months of crap from snobbish fans and media telling you that you didnt deserve a team, and you weren't good fans, and your city is filled with a bunch of rednecks that prefer to wear beer dispensing hats to a Nascar race.

If you (Not you personally, but Hamilton fans, elitest hockey snobs, Canadian media, etc) are going to gloat over Nashville losing a team, we'll excuse me if I'm just a little bit happy that it blew up in your face.


From what I remember of the Expos move, (i'm a die hard baseball fan and was against them moving), there was little fan backlash against the team, Montreal, or its supporters from fans around the league. It was simply a market or ownership group that was unable or unwilling to support the team. (I remember them selling off Guererro, Martinez, RJ).

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
  #89
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Easy, you didnt have to put up with months of crap from snobbish fans and media telling you that you didnt deserve a team, and you weren't good fans, and your city is filled with a bunch of rednecks that prefer to wear beer dispensing hats to a Nascar race.

If you (Not you personally, but Hamilton fans, elitest hockey snobs, Canadian media, etc) are going to gloat over Nashville losing a team, we'll excuse me if I'm just a little bit happy that it blew up in your face.


From what I remember of the Expos move, (i'm a die hard baseball fan and was against them moving), there was little fan backlash against the team, Montreal, or its supporters from fans around the league. It was simply a market or ownership group that was unable or unwilling to support the team. (I remember them selling off Guererro, Martinez, RJ).
You said it better than I did.

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:48 AM
  #90
Wheels
Registered User
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,645
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
If KC trolls had been showing up doing the same thing it would be a much different story. Just going with the lesser of two evils here.
Pretty sure nobody from Kansas City has ever heard of the NHL, ergo there's no chance you'd have any trolls on a website they'd never visit.

Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:49 AM
  #91
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd
 
The Tang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Pittsburgh. PA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,018
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Easy, you didnt have to put up with months of crap from snobbish fans and media telling you that you didnt deserve a team, and you weren't good fans, and your city is filled with a bunch of rednecks that prefer to wear beer dispensing hats to a Nascar race.

If you (Not you personally, but Hamilton fans, elitest hockey snobs, Canadian media, etc) are going to gloat over Nashville losing a team, we'll excuse me if I'm just a little bit happy that it blew up in your face.


From what I remember of the Expos move, (i'm a die hard baseball fan and was against them moving), there was little fan backlash against the team, Montreal, or its supporters from fans around the league. It was simply a market or ownership group that was unable or unwilling to support the team. (I remember them selling off Guererro, Martinez, RJ).
As a Pens fan, know exactly what that feels like, but we dealt with it for years instead of months.

I agree del Biaggio is better than Balsillie, but it still sucks, and I personally have a dislike for KC now for obvious reasons.

Hope you guys can get the 14k a game, you deserve to keep the team.

The Tang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
  #92
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondnorth View Post
Yes i care ,i love hockey,honest answer.I have read all there is to read for months on end about `your` problem and you need not bring up Quebec or Winnipeg because they have zero to do with `your` problem. Bottom line is your market is not supporting your `problem` and if you don`t start selling more tickets in a gate driven league your `problem `will become an bigger problem.
You asked a question that could be answered by many posts and threads in our boards. Its the only reason I asked. Since you have claimed to have read them, then you shouldn't be asking the question.

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
  #93
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
Balls, Bags, every potential owner we're screwed. At the end of the day, its all about the 14,000 now

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
  #94
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Easy, you didnt have to put up with months of crap from snobbish fans and media telling you that you didnt deserve a team, and you weren't good fans, and your city is filled with a bunch of rednecks that prefer to wear beer dispensing hats to a Nascar race.
Excuse me, but we had to put up with years of crap from snobbish fans and media telling us we didn't deserve a team, and weren't good fans, and that our city was filled with a bunch of Frenchies that preferred drinking wine on a terrace to watching baseball.

Quote:
If you (Not you personally, but Hamilton fans, elitest hockey snobs, Canadian media, etc) are going to gloat over Nashville losing a team, we'll excuse me if I'm just a little bit happy that it blew up in your face.
I think I explained my reasoning about this already, and I already posted that on second thought I could understand it a bit better.

Quote:
From what I remember of the Expos move, (i'm a die hard baseball fan and was against them moving), there was little fan backlash against the team, Montreal, or its supporters from fans around the league. It was simply a market or ownership group that was unable or unwilling to support the team. (I remember them selling off Guererro, Martinez, RJ).
Well, then you remember wrong; there were a lot of "experts" that pointed to low attendance and ownership issues as reason enough to move the team, ignoring the multitudes of factors that ensured baseball would not survive in Montreal (horrible location for stadium, horrible stadium for baseball, bizarre local ownership promising to build new downtown stadium, didn't, sold to Loria who promised new era including new stadium, didn't, given chance to exchange for Marlins franchise for some bizarre reason, MLB took over team, threatened to contract it immediately, ran franchise horribly for a couple of years, then moved franchise to Washington without ownership in place [!!!])

We got kicked in the teeth more times than I care to remember, and for you to sit there and pontificate that you have it worse due to the last two months of crap when we had a full decade of crap (which completely turned me against baseball - I can't stand watching a game I grew up loving)... well.

Now that I've been a little mean, you are in the middle of this situation and I do understand the frustration and anger. Just be careful where you point your arrows.

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:24 AM
  #95
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,879
vCash: 500
On one hand, this is good news...on the other, it's bad.

I had absolute confidence that the NHL was going to thwart Balsillie no matter what, and would use our lease as a reason not so much to keep the team here, but to block it from moving to Hamilton.

Will they still be so cavalier in enforcing the lease when the relocation target is a city the league approves of?

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:29 AM
  #96
Stranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,430
vCash: 500
I personally feel that its even worse news.

Boots will have to go through less road blocks then Balsillie did in terms of being approved as an owner since he's already a minority owner.

Bettman would likely support a move to KC.

Craig sold the team for less knowing that the deal will likely get approved fast.

Assuming of course this is official. I wonder if Craig is going to make another announcement...

Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:33 AM
  #97
Montrealer
Registered User
 
Montrealer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Chambly QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,450
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
On one hand, this is good news...on the other, it's bad.

I had absolute confidence that the NHL was going to thwart Balsillie no matter what, and would use our lease as a reason not so much to keep the team here, but to block it from moving to Hamilton.

Will they still be so cavalier in enforcing the lease when the relocation target is a city the league approves of?
That's the 50 million dollar question - did the league pressure Leipold to favour this new bid because they approve of the possible relocation to KC, even though the offer is less than Balsille's?

Montrealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:34 AM
  #98
Loaf31
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Wow I really feel for guys. After what I went through with the Pens I do not wish this on anyone.

Loaf31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:41 AM
  #99
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montrealer View Post
That's the 50 million dollar question - did the league pressure Leipold to favour this new bid because they approve of the possible relocation to KC, even though the offer is less than Balsille's?
Well, Leipold doesn't really care either way. It won't be his team, he's not looking to spite the city of Nashville..but he might have known that Balsillie wouldn't want the team if he wouldn't be approved for relocation, regardless...and HOPEFULLY Del Biaggio will still have to honor commitments to Nashville, should they stand...but with the understanding that if things don't work(we don't meet our attendance figure,) the Preds can move with the league's blessing.

And to be honest, if we can't average 14K paid...we can move with my blessing, because it means we didn't step up with our backs against the wall and truly DON'T deserve the team.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 10:26 AM
  #100
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 30,879
vCash: 500
So, any bets as to whether "Boots" will actually address us, or will he be all Mr. Burns like Balsillie and only speak through Smithers\Rodier in the form of quotes in a newspaper?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:46 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.