HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Let's Bring Forsberg to Broadway

Old
06-26-2007, 03:04 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Yep.

The Rangers are going for it next year. Jagr, Shanny, Straka....for these very key guys it's now or never. Jagrs not here to rebuild the Rangers franchise. Jagr is on a MISSION.

He has achieved the most amazing benchmarks in his career. He is one of the greatests EVER to lace the skates up. Gold Laces and all.

For all his wonderous achievements he simply MUST win another cup or forever have his critics point to Mario and say Jagr was just along for the ride back in the early Pens days.

For Jags its now or never. Ok Maybe two years....come on.

The Rangers should be signing the most talented center on the market, if possible, for next season.

Peter Forsberg is as Elite as it gets. I will never hold that clusterf in Philly against him. Just a bad experience. Lost Primeau, lost the GM, the coach. He wasnt the only one hurt in Philly. That whole team was snake bit.

Forsberg needs a new start with a great team on the cusp of a real run for the Cup.

Rangers already have a captain, they already have SUPERSTARS in Jagr, Lundqvist, Shanny. They already have some uber talented youth chomping to make this team. They have the #1 agitator in all of the NHL in Sean Avery, they have Colton Orr who breaks faces.

Sign the best guy out there to make a run. Forsberg . Do it! Go for it!

And while they are at it, go after Souray as well. Let that cannon unload from the point at will. The Rangers are a sound D team. He will learn the system. He will be better D than ever before and he will make our PP a devastating weapon not to be countered. Pair him with the right guy and make it happen

Shanny - Forsberg - Jagr

Roszival - Souray

Thats a devastating PP unit.....Be afraid. Be very afraid
Souray=Defensive liability

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 03:38 PM
leetch2

If the Rangers do resign Shanny, there's no way they can afford a #1 center (Nylander, FoPa, etc.) AND Souray without trading either Mara or Malik.

leetch2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:14 PM
eco's bones

Sorry but I don't buy these Forsberg arguments. They remind me too much of the Lindros arguments before we signed him. Hasn't had a concussion in yada yada yada years--because he was sitting out all that time. Now he would be okay. Right! Anyone can get injured but you can almost rely on it with Lindros and with Forsberg. You can't rely on when. If you're depending on him for the playoffs and he's not there are we going to call up Dubinsky to take his place? Throw him into the fire? Signing Forsberg is setting us up for disaster. To go a little further it seems ridiculous to me that so many out here say--sign him for one year--what if Atlanta were to offer him two years?--3 years? Should we match it?--knowing what we already know? Is anyone sure what his terms would be? In any case I have an aversion to quick short term fixes. I prefer longer term solutions. Those possibilities are out there and should be explored for what they're worth.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Souray=Defensive liability
very true....penalty taker too if I remember. But all those considered, he's still an upgrade over Rachunek by a wide wide margin.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Colorado Avalanche

The problem is, he has played majority of his games with Avalanche, Flyers etc.. He will sign with either Flyers/Modo or Avalanche if they have even slight interest in him. Forsberg has won already pretty much everything, so I doubt it's his biggest reason anymore. I think he just wants to lead one more time Colorado/Modo or Flyers to success before retiring.

Colorado Avalanche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
The problem is, he has played majority of his games with Avalanche, Flyers etc.. He will sign with either Flyers/Modo or Avalanche if they have even slight interest in him. Forsberg has won already pretty much everything, so I doubt it's his biggest reason anymore. I think he just wants to lead one more time Colorado/Modo or Flyers to success before retiring.
i dont see why. Forsberg is at the age where hes got 1, maybe 2, tops 3 years left (imho). I know if i were in his shoes, i would look at how close a team is to winning. Id have to believe the Rangers are WAY WAY WAY closer than both those teams combined.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
i dont see why. Forsberg is at the age where hes got 1, maybe 2, tops 3 years left (imho). I know if i were in his shoes, i would look at how close a team is to winning. Id have to believe the Rangers are WAY WAY WAY closer than both those teams combined.
Yes I agree. For all the varied reasons that motivate these guys to play I think leading my old team out of the basement is last on the list.

No one likes to play on a losing team. Especially a player like Forsberg who has played at the very elite level of the game.

He's already tossed oput retirement as an outside possability. If Forsberg comes back he comes back with the intention of winning the cup one more time. He picks a team that is either already a contender or who is realisticly a Peter Forsberg away from being a true contender.

When he signed with Philly, they were nearly everyones pick to win the cup. That team had a positive season previously and looked like a powerhouse ready to happen.

Maybe we here are biased a bit, but I do believe the Rangers are a team on the cusp of being a true contender.

06-26-2007, 11:37 PM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
After they get a top level defender, something we've lacked since Leetch.

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 11:50 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Yes I agree. For all the varied reasons that motivate these guys to play I think leading my old team out of the basement is last on the list.

No one likes to play on a losing team. Especially a player like Forsberg who has played at the very elite level of the game.

He's already tossed oput retirement as an outside possability. If Forsberg comes back he comes back with the intention of winning the cup one more time. He picks a team that is either already a contender or who is realisticly a Peter Forsberg away from being a true contender.

When he signed with Philly, they were nearly everyones pick to win the cup. That team had a positive season previously and looked like a powerhouse ready to happen.

Maybe we here are biased a bit, but I do believe the Rangers are a team on the cusp of being a true contender.
While I do agree that's a main motivation for a lot of players in his shoes, coming back to win a cup, Foppa's kind of an interesting cat. He has, as its been pointed out, won everything a hockey player can dream of, twice over in many cases. At this point, I think he's just looking for a couple more bucks and a respectable exit. Last year was a mess, I don't think he'd like his career to end that way. I also don't think he'd like to end it playing for the Rangers unless you guys are absolutely guaranteed a cup-you've got a strong roster, but you ain't the '87 Oilers. He's a classy guy, he's played for 2 teams for his whole career, I don't think he'd like to go out in the second round having signed a 1-year deal for a third team. I think he'd rather perform well and miss the playoffs in Colorado or even Philly and go out in front of a familiar crowd than just sort of fade away in another town.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:15 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Hate View Post
While I do agree that's a main motivation for a lot of players in his shoes, coming back to win a cup, Foppa's kind of an interesting cat. He has, as its been pointed out, won everything a hockey player can dream of, twice over in many cases. At this point, I think he's just looking for a couple more bucks and a respectable exit. Last year was a mess, I don't think he'd like his career to end that way. I also don't think he'd like to end it playing for the Rangers unless you guys are absolutely guaranteed a cup-you've got a strong roster, but you ain't the '87 Oilers. He's a classy guy, he's played for 2 teams for his whole career, I don't think he'd like to go out in the second round having signed a 1-year deal for a third team. I think he'd rather perform well and miss the playoffs in Colorado or even Philly and go out in front of a familiar crowd than just sort of fade away in another town.
I'm thinking he stays east to benefit from lighter travel.

In the East:

The Sabres are about to lose one or both of their captains and star players

The Senators had a long year and despite their success looked not so good in the finals.

The Devils are likely to lose Gomez and again let Marty play 79.5 games next season with no quality back up = tired Marty

The Rangers window of opportunity may just be arriving.

Yes they went out in the 2nd round, but even Ruff said publicly after that series that the Rangers scared the **** out of the Sabres.

7 seconds....sigh

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 12:20 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Ok, but all this is just more speculation. He probably won't come up here, but it's not completely out of the question right now like some of Avs and Flyers fan are saying. Plus, this has been said a million times over and over again in every Forsberg thread, do we really need to hear it again?

Also, if he's the type of player that's just coming over to a stacked team for the unlikely chance that he might hold the cup again then I don't want him anyway. I'd rather have a player that never won the Cup before and actually has a genuine desire to win it for the first time. Someone that won't give up at the end of the season if the team starts slumping or the like, or god forbid something doesn't go his way

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 03:14 AM
dank

Quote:
Nordiques (got his rookie card)
Avalanche
Flyers
+Predators

normally i'm not a stickler for semantics but i had to

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dank View Post
Nordiques (got his rookie card)
Avalanche
Flyers
+Predators

normally i'm not a stickler for semantics but i had to
Would you really consider Avalanche & Nordiques two different teams?

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 10:23 AM
NYRBlaznBure9

Send a message via ICQ to NYRBlaznBure9
Nordiques=Avs

NYRBlaznBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 12:43 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Nordiques
Avs
Flyers
Preds
Rangers
-------------

Old
06-28-2007, 09:39 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Nordiques and Aves = Same Team
So 3 and you can basically say that the Preds don't count, lol

The team moving doesn't mean the player switched teams otherwise Mike Modano didn't play for the same team his whole career then either.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:58 AM
dank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Would you really consider Avalanche & Nordiques two different teams?
no, not at all. i do agree that he played for two teams really, but i felt like being a dick..

I feel supremely ambivalent towards him coming, if he does. I'd be fine either way.

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Stop the insanity

Forsberg had another procedure done on his foot

Quote:
Peter Forsberg has undergone another round of foot surgery , this time by Dr. Leif Swärdh in Göteborg, Sweden.

According to today's report in Aftonbladet by Mats Wennerholm, the surgery is apparently related to the lingering foot problems Forsberg had last season
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=8269

http://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/sport/...106378,00.html

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

beat

could be the final phase of a full recovery!!!!

could be more lingering doubts....

sigh

Old
06-28-2007, 03:38 PM
Kluivert4Ever

Again, just say no to this guy, he is Done with a capital D.

Kluivert4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 03:39 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

if its true, i withdraw support for forsberg.

Inferno is online now   Reply With Quote