HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Summer Practices

Old
06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
ziggy_puppy

vCash: 500
Summer Practices

Does anyone know if the Rangers practice during the summer and if they are open to the public?

ziggy_puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggy_puppy View Post
Does anyone know if the Rangers practice during the summer and if they are open to the public?
theres training camp which is still a few months away. but in terms of watching the guys do their offseason workout routine, i wouldnt know....thats kinda stalker territory.

jk

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:36 PM
dkich96

Kasper

I read somewhere I can't recall that Kasper is skating at Chelsea Piers... Additionally, the same article stated that Kasper looks fit, in great shape and is genuinely smiling / happy.

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
I read somewhere I can't recall that Kasper is skating at Chelsea Piers... Additionally, the same article stated that Kasper looks fit, in great shape and is genuinely smiling / happy.
im wondering if the team will keep him in the organization. Promote Adam Graves, and give Kaspar a job working with prospects. Guy has a great attitude.

Old
06-26-2007, 08:41 PM
dkich96

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
im wondering if the team will keep him in the organization. Promote Adam Graves, and give Kaspar a job working with prospects. Guy has a great attitude.
I forgot to mention that the same article stated that he was present at the prospect development camp watching the kids with Sather, Renney and company...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2007, 08:43 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

yeah, i think that was the article in blueshirt bulletin today.

Old
06-28-2007, 01:09 AM
ziggy_puppy

Quote:
theres training camp which is still a few months away. but in terms of watching the guys do their offseason workout routine, i wouldnt know....thats kinda stalker territory.

jk

See, in Los Angeles (I'm a Kings fan), all practices are open so we fans get used to seeing the players at the practice rink all the time. Maybe you guys consider that stalking but whatever.

Old
06-28-2007, 01:34 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
See, in Los Angeles (I'm a Kings fan), all practices are open so we fans get used to seeing the players at the practice rink all the time. Maybe you guys consider that stalking but whatever.
its a joke bro

Old
06-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Fish

Quote:
There's no official Rangers practices during the summer ... aside from the prospect camp this week and then training camp later in the summer. There are no open practices as there is no seating facilities where the Rangers practice.

Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 02:56 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Quote:
Word, I see guys around Toyota sports center all the time.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 07:30 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

Quote:
there might be one in glens falls open to the public. They had one last year.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 08:38 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

The Rangers do not open practices to the public [almost] ever.

Season subscribers who pay with Amex get to watch 1 practice, usually in December. But that's it.

Lots of teams allow their fans to watch practices. The Rangers are not one of them.

Whenever I ask to have more open practices, the reply is the "Training center isn't set up for large crowds".

You can easily get 100 + in the rink ( it is small). But there's no reason why there cannot be a way to reserve space and limit the attendance.

The Rangers seem to think there will be 100's or more at each practice. I know this is America and no one needs to work ( ), but not everyone can just show up at 10am during the week, let alone drive to Westchester.

Personally, I think going to practices is a great experience.

If people who really want to get in to the practices could get together, we might be able to make a little more headway. But one person asking here or there isn't going to get the job done.

06-28-2007, 08:47 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

When I was a kid they used to have open practice at Rye. It wasn't all that expensive either, you'd pay like $5 or something to get in. I definitly remember going when Messier was on the team and he waved to us once. One of the highlights of my Rangers fandom .

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:00 AM
nrf83

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
The Rangers do not open practices to the public [almost] ever.

Season subscribers who pay with Amex get to watch 1 practice, usually in December. But that's it.

Lots of teams allow their fans to watch practices. The Rangers are not one of them.

Whenever I ask to have more open practices, the reply is the "Training center isn't set up for large crowds".

You can easily get 100 + in the rink ( it is small). But there's no reason why there cannot be a way to reserve space and limit the attendance.

The Rangers seem to think there will be 100's or more at each practice. I know this is America and no one needs to work ( ), but not everyone can just show up at 10am during the week, let alone drive to Westchester.

Personally, I think going to practices is a great experience.

If people who really want to get in to the practices could get together, we might be able to make a little more headway. But one person asking here or there isn't going to get the job done.
Personally I think that open practice is a PR disaster waiting to happen. People come from everywhere with their children, just to view their hero's. Imagine the anguish of parents and kids taking work off, driving many miles and not getting in. And what of NYR person that has to inform said parents and children that rink is full and no you can't go in. No thank you, keep practices closed. This is primary reason rink was constructed as is, perfect excuse for no open practices.

nrf83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:07 AM
nyrcallahan24
nomvegannom

i went to a practice, for the 94 team. It was like two weeks after they won the cup. I was like 2 or three, and we have tape and pics. its really cool.

nyrcallahan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 09:09 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post

yes he is.... he layed the sickest hip check on me haha

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 12:51 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Personally I think that open practice is a PR disaster waiting to happen. ... No thank you, keep practices closed. This is primary reason rink was constructed as is, perfect excuse for no open practices.
Sounds like you're taking it personally. If other teams can do it, there's no reason why the Rangers cannot offer it on a limited basis.

No reason why they cannot have people pre-register and limit it to whatever number they want.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 01:40 PM
ziggy_puppy

Quote:
its a joke bro
No, I got that. Sorry I responded that way. It's just when my favorite player for the past 4 years suddenly gets traded across the country, it'd be nice to try to check out a practice because I'll be in NYC for 5 weeks this summer.
I can understand why New York wouldn't have open practices. In L.A., we just don't have the same kind of fan base but we do seem to get more perks.

Old
06-28-2007, 02:01 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I can understand why New York wouldn't have open practices. In L.A., we just don't have the same kind of fan base but we do seem to get more perks.
Islanders do it. Pretty sure Devils do it. Just not the Rangers.

abev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 03:32 AM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrf83 View Post
Personally I think that open practice is a PR disaster waiting to happen. People come from everywhere with their children, just to view their hero's. Imagine the anguish of parents and kids taking work off, driving many miles and not getting in. And what of NYR person that has to inform said parents and children that rink is full and no you can't go in. No thank you, keep practices closed. This is primary reason rink was constructed as is, perfect excuse for no open practices.
Let the gloves drop and the babies whine. I hear ya on that one.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote