HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Q & A with Lombardi @ Select a seat

Old
06-30-2007, 01:18 AM
RightKinger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisoSoupy View Post
Wow, that's perhaps the grossest form of delusion I've run across on this board... any to all of those five could "probably be in the AHL" for life... that's a lot more realistic. We haven't seen ANY reason to believe that ANY of those guys are going to develop into solid NHL citizens, and if they do, will they be impact players or space takers? I'm all for optimism, but you're not giving me names that wreak optimism. Boyle is the largest (physically) question mark of the bunch, and whether he can play a consistent game in the pros (up front or on the blue line) we will go into this season not having any idea... Moulson had a decent season for the Monarchs, and probably should have gotten the games that Shay Stephenson got, but really, maybe he's just a good AHL guy... there were a hell of a lot of AHL guys that out goaled and out pointed Moulson that haven't had a real NHL sniff yet. Hell, if the Kings had Sterling and Haydar, you'd probably be handing out NHL rookie and MVP awards for next season. Tukonen's got something to prove, and probably one more year to do it. Have a HALF decent injury free AHL season and earn a contract... so far, he's not proven much of anything in Manchester other than he can look good for 3 games and invisible for 5, and then... hurt for 10. Lewis is still going to have to find his niche in Manchester, and he was a stretch at #17, and now we get to see how right the Kings scouts were or weren't. And, Harrold... well, the term "soft as a grape" could describe the only guy to play a dozen NHL games and not record a hit last season... He's probably more metaphysical than physical, and given the Kings propensity to have mediocre to awful defense and goaltending, he may be a real NHL liability, so don't count those chickens either.
Well they wouldn't exactly be filling big holes. Harrold and Boyle will both probably spend some time with the Kings this season. The organization (coaches/Lombardi) thinks very highly of Boyle and there are some whispers that they think Boyle might be ready as soon as this season. These are not my words. I read them somewhere (maybe someone can help me out here) and Lombardi himself said that they think Harrold will be a #5 -6 defensemen by the end of next season.

Tukonen is a wild card but no one doubts that he will be an NHL'er and I wasn't saying that he will be in the top 6 or anything. I was thinking of him more as a 3rd/4th line type when I mentioned him. Mouslon is not a guy who will play in your top 6 so his stats don't matter as much because it's his defensive game that will get him to the NHL. He did very well for an AHL rookie and some of our Manchester fans said that he should have been called up last season. He has plenty of experience coming from college and he is a solid two way player. I'm not the only one who thinks he could be in the NHL soon. Some people even said that he might make it on the team in a 3rd/4th line role THIS season.

Trevor Lewis has done well at every level he has played at and he did very well in his short stint with the Monarchs at the end of last season. He was the best defensive player for the Attack (Owen Sound fans will tell you) and he had a good season offensively. I know it's too optimistic to think that he could be an NHL regular by the end of next season but it is not crazy to think he could make it soon. I was just throwing names out there and I forgot to mention Petiot. I know that all of these players won't make it but it's just my opinion. Maybe I am too optimistic but that's probably because I have only been watching the Kings for a few years (since 1999).

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote