HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

RUMOR: Nylander Signs with Rangers (SWE Radio)

Old
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
Sure, I would have loved to see Nylander back here for 3.75 Mill... but I cant blame the guy. When I say get it done Glen, I mean pay the man his money.

This doesnt mean over pay him 7 million or 6 million... but give him the fair market value.... and if Gomez is rumored at going for 8 million (I hate using rumors as watermarks, but we really dont know anything as far as market value goes).. then 5 or so is definatly a fair market for him.

Hell, Nylander is playing the cards right.. he knows he can suck more money out since everyone will be gunning for Gomez and others... he knows we want him back and hopes we will pay for him to come back... He really has the leverage here, since he beleives taht we will sign him regardless... and even if we dont, then he will end up somewhere else... maybe for a little less, but why not try and milk it while you can....

Not the greatest attitude you want to see in a player, but then again like Chimp said.. he was getting paid under 2 mill and was a PPG guy....
He became a better player and PPG player playing with Jagr.Look at his career before joining the Rangers.He became a better player at the age of 33 when he hooked up with Jagr.His market is what players his age are making.Ray Whitney-$3.55 million.Keith Tkachuk was offered $3.5 million by the Blues.Before coming to the Rangers,Nylander averaged .689 points per game.He wasn't making less than $2 million.After the 24% rollback,his salary was $2.28 million.His salary was $3 million per(pre-24% rollback).You can't blame the Rangers for that.Blame Bob Goodenow.It was his idea.Nylander seemed to finally find a home after being a NHL nomad for all of his career.The Rangers are his 7th NHL team-HFD,Calgary,TB,Chicago,Washington,Boston and the Rangers.Does he really want to blow it by pushing Sather to go in other direction?I wouldn't blame Sather

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 02:17 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Weird... the thread indicates that there's another page with two posts on it, but I can't seem to get to it. I wonder where this post will wind up...
Yeah im seeing that too

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 02:34 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Yeah im seeing that too
ditto. ive noticed that bug a few times on this board the past week or so.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 03:49 PM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Howard Berger of the FAN590 in Toronto said on their Hockey Central showtoday between noon-1 that Leafs are interested in signing Nylander or Jason Blake if they can't land a big fish

Nylander's passing the puck to Ponikarovsky and Antropov..........

Old
06-29-2007, 03:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Howard Berger of the FAN590 in Toronto said on their Hockey Central showtoday between noon-1 that Leafs are interested in signing Nylander or Jason Blake if they can't land a big fish

Nylander's passing the puck to Ponikarovsky and Antropov..........
meh.

if nylander doesnt come here, my guess is he lands in either Atlanta, or more likely Washington.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 04:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

To be honest with everyone here. I think i'l lbe a pretty tee'd off guy if Nylander goes elsewhere.

Unless they get TWO top centers. and I doubt thats happening, cause itll cost way too much.

DAMN.

Start signing people GLEN!

Its getting awfully hot in here!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 02:43 AM
vertung

Could somebody please explain....what happened with Nylander?
Was this a bad rumor, is he being greedy/extorting money?
Why isn't he signed, this is the Rangers, they have the money, PAY HIM.

vertung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 04:16 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
He became a better player and PPG player playing with Jagr.Look at his career before joining the Rangers.He became a better player at the age of 33 when he hooked up with Jagr.His market is what players his age are making.Ray Whitney-$3.55 million.Keith Tkachuk was offered $3.5 million by the Blues.Before coming to the Rangers,Nylander averaged .689 points per game.He wasn't making less than $2 million.After the 24% rollback,his salary was $2.28 million.His salary was $3 million per(pre-24% rollback).You can't blame the Rangers for that.Blame Bob Goodenow.It was his idea.Nylander seemed to finally find a home after being a NHL nomad for all of his career.The Rangers are his 7th NHL team-HFD,Calgary,TB,Chicago,Washington,Boston and the Rangers.Does he really want to blow it by pushing Sather to go in other direction?I wouldn't blame Sather
I understand your stand, though the change of rules have defenitly benefitted Nylander allot too, besides playing with Jagr.

We should wait and see, I would defenitly agree with you if he signed for 4m x 3 in Washington.

He have said that he had "reasons" for changing agent, reasons we know nothing about. For all we know it could be Slats who are playing tricks here and waiting to see if he can get both Drury and Gomez.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 06:45 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Centre Michael Nylander, 33, New York Rangers

He has centred for Jaromir Jagr the last two years with New York and there's a chemistry there, but Nylander wants to try the open market, figuring he can make $5 million. He's a slick passer, somebody the Habs could use as second-line centre, or the Capitals, who need somebody to pass to Alex Ovechkin. Frankly, he should stay where he is. Playing with Jagr is a dream for most guys
http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/...5073a72a43&p=2

Old
06-30-2007, 06:58 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I understand your stand, though the change of rules have defenitly benefitted Nylander allot too, besides playing with Jagr.

We should wait and see, I would defenitly agree with you if he signed for 4m x 3 in Washington.

He have said that he had "reasons" for changing agent, reasons we know nothing about. For all we know it could be Slats who are playing tricks here and waiting to see if he can get both Drury and Gomez.
I would prefer Nylander but if it costs $5 million or even more than $4 million to sign a soon to be 35 year old player,then why not spend $7 million on a player eight years younger.I don't like Gomez.I hate the Devils but $5 million for Nylander

It appears Handzus is close to going back to the Hawks.He is 30 years old

Quote:
At one point it was believed there was no chance the Hawks would re-sign Handzus, who was thought to be seeking a four-year contract in the neighborhood of $16 million. Itís not known exactly what the Hawks have offered, but it might be as high as $3.5 million to $3.8 million a year for at least three years.

The Hawks see the 30-year-old Handzus as their No. 1 center and someone winger Martin Havlat enjoyed playing with on the same line
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=327604

I would rather give a 30 year old Handzus three years/$10.5 million than Nylander $5 million at the age of 35.Handzus isn't a #1 center but neither is Nylander

Or sign Robert Lang to a 1 year/$3 million deal to play with Jagr

Old
06-30-2007, 09:56 AM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
Rangers should have an experation date on their negotiations with Nylander. Give him the last and final offer that expires are midnight tonight 6/30/07. If he wants to explore free agency then do so without our contract to inflate your price.

It took Nylander his whole career to find himself on a team where he's had chemistry. Sign now or take care because it doesn't get any better than this.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 10:52 AM
decadentia

I don't know if this has been posted yet, if so I apologize. Just something that pertains to this discussion I found on Spectors. Though its just as unconfirmed as everything else lately.

" NEW YORK DAILY NEWS: John Dellapina recently reported on his blog that a report out of Sweden claiming the Rangers were close to re-signing centre Michael Nylander was bogus. He also dispelled two recent "myths" regarding Chris Drury and Scott Gomez. While Drury maintains a home in California the idea of playing for the Rangers, whom he grew up cheering for, intrigues him. Meanwhile, regarding speculation that Gomez might sign with the Rangers because he's a close friend of Brendan Shanahan and was spotted recently working out with him, Shanahan laughingly dismissed it, claiming he hasn't seen Gomez in weeks. "Thatís pretty funny,Ē Shanahan said from Cape Cod. ďI havenít seen him at all. I heard he was in Alaska. Where do they come up with this stuff?Ē

Spector's Note: Where, indeed? Gomez always returns home to Anchorage in the off-season and to the best of my knowledge doesn't spend a lot of time hanging out on Cape Cod, Massachusetts."

decadentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Ola

RangerBoy- Decadentia's post kind of illustrates my point, who knows what to belive.

This could also be how it is, for example, Nyls didn't want to negotiate during the season, he in fact said so himself, maybe he got it as a principle that he wants to perform a full year and then negotiate. He goes on and plays great in the regular season and great in the PO's and then finds out that his agent had struck a deal long before the PO's was over, so he fires his agent since he didn't do what he was told. Nothing else.

He then gets a new one a week before July 1st, and really wants to resign with the NYR like he told Swedish press. Thoose reports aren't bogus, Nyls said that he was sure something would get done real soon. He really wants to return, playing with JJ is a once in a lifetime shot ect.

Sather understands that Nyls really wants to come back, but now sees a opertunity. He takes advantage of Nyls actions and leaves him in the cold until July 2-3 or something, just to find out what it would take to get both Gomez and Drury here.

Do I belive thats true? No, that would be pure speculation. But it just as well could be true as well as its Nyls not wanting to resign. Though, Nyls got controll of one media outlet, the one in Sweden, he sends one message here, why would he lie to them? To fool NYR fans? Slats got controll of the ones in NY, he got something to gain in making Nyls the bad guy, he buys time...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote