HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Briere/Drury Update

Old
06-30-2007, 07:47 PM
lotus

vCash: 500
haha, Maybe we should ask Ovechkin's ribs if Briere is soft :/

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 07:52 PM
Fletch

John...

I know the stats....65 points was his best season before last season. What is 65 points worth? He had a good season in which he was injured (last season). I dunno - that doesn't arise to a several year contract at a top dollar to me. Like I had in the title - sickening....

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I know the stats....65 points was his best season before last season. What is 65 points worth? He had a good season in which he was injured (last season). I dunno - that doesn't arise to a several year contract at a top dollar to me. Like I had in the title - sickening....
how many points did gomez get last season?

and im fairly sure hes signing for 7mil somewhere.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 08:21 PM
Fletch

I don't doubt he will command top dollar...

that's not an argument...I'm just saying it's scary what one needs to do to get top dollar.

For the record, I do think Gomez is more talented than Briere, which really means nothing. If the choice was to have Briere or Gomer as a top line centerman, I'd easily take Gomez, assuming my team had decent scoing wingers. Other than that, it's pretty even.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2007, 08:25 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
The game has changed and post-lockout he's a 90-100 point player.

Hell, Drury is going to get a bucketfull of cash and he's never broken the 70 point barrier, even post lockout.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2007, 05:56 AM
EnticeTheMasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger View Post
This is the way the system works and given the money thrown to CEOs in this country to run companies that continue to lose money (or the contracts handed out to baseball players or the salaries that actors receive for duds that no one in their right mind would pay to see), if anything, hockey players are underpaid!

And tell me, did you turn down your last raise at work or offer to hand some of it back because you spend some of your company's time scanning hockey boards in late June?

Amen to that. If the teams are offering that kinda dough, I hope the players take it and get paid. I'm all for the worker.

EnticeTheMasses* is offline   Reply With Quote