Notices

Gameday: Wild @ Mighty Ducks - 2004-03-03

Closed Thread

Old
03-03-2004, 11:39 AM
ceber

vCash: 500
Gameday: Wild @ Mighty Ducks - 2004-03-03

Last time we went to Anaheim we got shelled, 6-2.
Here's hoping this one will be different. Walz is still questionable, and sounds unlikely. Chouinard can't come off IR yet, and Dowd still isn't ready, but both traveled with the team. Long road trip, I suppose, plus Brunette said he was going to plan some team-building excursion for the guys now that he was captain. Maybe they'll go to an amusement park or something out there. Fernandez is getting the start again, according to the papers, and it's likely that Bouchard, Burns, and Veilleux will get to play again.
Over on the Wild.com boards I saw a rumor that a Bruins scout will be watching the Wild on this west coast trip, looking at a center and/or a defenseman.

Tight game, Ducks 3, Wild 2.

Old
03-03-2004, 12:15 PM
NyCoN
Instant Contender

This will be a close one for sure. Both teams play a defensive style. Hopefully that bruins scout will be there to take away Bomber and Zholtok.

I'll say 1-1 tie. Wild goal by Burns(probably wishful thinking )

On a side note...

Do any of you see Brunno getting traded now that Lemaire made him the Captain for the rest of the season? He's also a RFA...

Old
03-03-2004, 03:58 PM
DW

Hmm, I like that score ceber. I'm going to go with it myself, 3-2 Wild though. We can only dream about teams looking at Zholtok and Bombadir. Lots of talk lately but no real talk until the big names are gone and the losers of the trade war start looking at the lesser players.

Brunette: Personally, the only rumour I had heard was the one to Dallas and that was of the "interested" variety. Nothing else there IMO. I think he stays around unless we get over value for him. Then we almost have to do a deal.

Old
03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
theo6060

No 2-2 tie tonight. I'm going to predict a 5-1 win for the Wild. Mount Gaborik will explode with 4 goals. The other goal will be by Brunette.

Old
03-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Bookman

vCash: 1000
Well, they could have had a few in the first period - post shots by Gaborik and Kuba, a nice move then fanned shot by Zholtok, lots of plays that just failed to click by inches. The Wild had the better of the play. Hopefully they'll keep it up.

Old
03-03-2004, 10:58 PM
Bookman

Man, it's shades of the Western Conference finals - Wild have 2 more post shots courtesy of Chouinard and Dupuis, were outshooting Anaheim 11-1 for the period, then bam, a Bommber giveaway and it's 1-0 Anaheim. What the Wild have in heart and effort they seem to lack in finesse tonight.

Old
03-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Gibsons Finest
R-E-L-A-X

The NHL.com gamesheet said that Dupuis had a goal, but a bit later, they erased it. Can anyone watching explain?

Old
03-04-2004, 12:02 AM
ceber

Dunno about the scoresheet, but we certainly didn't score. Came close, though.

I thought the first was decent, the second was great, and the third was a letdown. I still think the guys give up if they don't get a goal when they think they should. I'd really like to see them all work hard throughout the third, even if they're down two goals. Maybe they were worn out. I don't know what it is, but I don't think it's a good sign going into tomorrow night's game.

Old
03-04-2004, 08:09 AM
Bookman

Ususally I think of baseball as a game of inches, but last night that was certainly the case for the Wild - they were skating great for the first 2 periods at least. getting lots of chances, but just failing to click by inches every time. They certainly played well enough to deserve better. Oh well, moves us closer to a better draft pick. Play well and lose might not be such a bad thing at this point.

Closed Thread