HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Newsday:nyi eye Pronger,Vish,Witt,Satan

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2004, 05:47 PM
IslesFan17

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandermaniac
i think the whole idea of pronger being a rental is moot because he is not a ufa at the end of this season. pronger doesn't turn 30 until october 10, 2004. to be ufa eligible (for players making his kind of money) the person in question needs to be 31 before july 1. quite simply, hahn is wrong and he should be embarassed to have printed such a huge error.

p.s. please correct anything above that is incorrect regarding my understanding of the current cba.
At the very worst, they could qualify Pronger and send him packing via a trade over the summer. I'm sure some team would take him.

Old
03-02-2004, 05:51 PM
disles1

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFan17
At the very worst, they could qualify Pronger and send him packing via a trade over the summer. I'm sure some team would take him.
Yeah and we would get in return what Wash got from the NYR--not much!!

Old
03-02-2004, 06:02 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Crew (and disles1), sometimes you have to take a chance in life. Add Pronger to this current roster without dismantleing the core, and you have a serious conference contender. This spring. There, I said it. Because I believe it to be 100% true.

Not directed at you Crew, but it cracks me up that some people are CERTAIN there will be a lockout, but are not willing to even guess that it will lead to more favorable terms for owners, and, by extension in this hypothetical, NYI, in any future dealings with Pronger. But then again, some are already writing off NYI's playoff chances before they even qualify, so go figure.

Likewise, if one is comparing the market value of a high priced Dman like Pronger to a high priced, enigmatic (of recent years) Jagr or Bure or Lindros, you are mistaken. Defensemen have significantly more value than do forwards. Why are several teams rumored to be after Pronger right now, as opposed to a "competition" of basically one team (NYR) when it came to those other aforementioned high-priced players?

Old
03-03-2004, 11:58 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
The CP reports that the St. Louis Blues are not shopping star defenceman Chris Pronger ahead of next Tuesday's NHL trade deadline, despite rumors to the contrary.
"All I'll I can tell is that I don't know where those rumours are coming from," an agitated Larry Pleau, general manager of the Blues, told The Canadian Press on Wednesday. "We would like Chris to be here a long time."

that should kill any rumor w/pronger

Old
03-04-2004, 12:19 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier
Crew (and disles1), sometimes you have to take a chance in life.

I thought that's what the team did they dealt Bert/McCabe/pick for Linden,when they dealt Berard for Potvin and later
when they dealt Loungo/Jokenin for Parrish/Kvasha.

nyi have a diminished prospect pool,a tight budget with no $ for signing ufas.They're not in a postiion where they can gamble and get screwed,then shrug it off.

Closed Thread