HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Carolina Hurricanes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ward returns, who gets scratched?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 10:15 AM
HughJass*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Ward returns, who gets scratched?

Just thought I'd start a boring thread. Ward will be back on Wednesday, so who's your money on to be scratched: Wallin, Rourke, or St. Jacques?

I think it will be St. Jacques. Rourke is starting to be a project of Lavs, obvious by all the power play time he's been getting.

It's safe to say Rourke will not be going back to Lowell, but St. Jacques may find himself there and Malec will be recalled. Or Fast for a brief 1-game trial that Rutherford loves so dearly.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:05 AM
Vagrant
The Czech Condor

Send a message via AIM to Vagrant
St. Jacques will almost certianly be the odd man out this time. I agree though, Lavi likes Rourke and i'm glad. Rourke seems to have the ability to play some decent offensive hockey at times and this team needs that off the blueline.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:25 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
How's the thesis?

vCash: 2498
It will most likey be St. Jacques, though I could accually see Nic as the odd man out in this one. Rourke has been solid in this latest callup and I don't see him going to the minors any time soon.

Old
03-01-2004, 12:37 PM
Skydog

No, you are all wrong, it will be St. Jacques.

Old
03-01-2004, 01:42 PM
bleedgreen

you're all probably right about bruno, but to be different ill say its wallin. hes playd a bit better, but i am still not a fan.

Old
03-01-2004, 02:29 PM
HughJass*

Send a message via AIM to HughJass* Send a message via Yahoo to HughJass*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanesFan10
No, you are all wrong, it will be St. Jacques.
?

Hehe, that's what everyone said.

EDIT: It was a joke, right? Jokes on me

Old
03-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Les Ouragans

I think Wallin. I think a lot of the guy, but his game has not been very consistent as of late. He's physical as ever but has been beaten twice in key situations down the stretch (luckily they didnt cost us the game).

Old
03-01-2004, 05:28 PM
jeffbear

It'll be Bruno ... he's been the shakiest of the 6 d-men of late, even though he's looking vastly more comfortable than he has all season. Rourke has been very calm and relatively effective, and Wallin probably grasps what Laviolette is asking the D to do better than any Hurricane other than Hill ... not that he's all that good at it mind you, but it's worth the icetime to see if he can continue to grow into the role a bit more.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:21 PM
LightningFast

The club will deal a defenseman by tuesday, no doubt . It's between Glen Wesley, Sean Hill and Aaron Ward.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:43 PM
bleedgreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningFast
The club will deal a defenseman by tuesday, no doubt . It's between Glen Wesley, Sean Hill and Aaron Ward.
i agree with the hill/ward end of that. i guess hill has said he might reconsider his no trade clause if the right situation came up. ive thought for a while now that ward would go - though being signed through next year it would be nice to keep him through a possible painful season next year. for those same reasons he might fetch a decent return. trading him would also show that rutherford is serious about signing a dman (or 2)out of the cba, cuz we wont have much d by that time. i dont think wesley is going anywhere.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:57 PM
bleedgreen

i hope malec is back in the lineup before the season ends, i like him. the d has lost some mobility with markov moving on and rourke playing a lot. i would think malec would fit in great with lavi's style. im sure they just dont want to rush him if they dont have to.

Closed Thread