HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Robyn Regehr wants to come East.

Old
06-27-2007, 12:43 PM
BlueHavok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretzNYR99 View Post
There is only a difference of 4 years between Tyutin and Regehr, and since seeing Tyutin at the NHL level, I'm not sold on the fact that he'll become what Regehr is, let alone a top-pairing defenseman. Tyutin has potential, and is 4 years younger, but Regehr is a sure thing. This team is developing as it's making a run for the cup. You would be crazy to think that the Rangers wouldn't make a move for a guy like him, if Staal, Cherepanov, or Montoya were not asked for in the deal.

Bottom line is, if you can trade Prucha, who can be replaced by a guy like Cherepanov, Dawes, Callahan, Dubinsky, in the forseeable future, and trade a guy like Tyutin with him to get a defender of Regehr's caliber, you do it.

Calling it a dumb move isn't smart either, because I'm willing to bet that if you put 10 GM's in Glen Sather's shoes in this situation, as to whether or not to trade Prucha and Tyutin for Regehr, 9 out of 10 of them would. It's just a matter of what Sutter would ask for. If he asks for Staal, I hang up the phone immediately. I'd be willing to add a 1st rounder to that proposal to keep them from asking for Staal.

That won't be a problem.

The only problem would be Regehr looking for nearly 6 million. I love his defensive play, I think he's on a level with Adam Foote and Scott Hannan in terms of best defensive defensemen in the league, but nearly 6 million sounds very expensive for him.

Yes, and that's why trading Prucha, Tyutin, and a 1st wouldn't be a bad deal for Regehr. I think Callahan and or Dawes could come up and score 20 given the ice time to do so. I think both MIGHT be able to score 30 if given ample power play time.

The NHL hasn't had great tv ratings since the Rangers won the cup. Hockey was at it's high-point with the casual fan then. Then we had this strike, and a lot of people stopped giving a **** about hockey.

Like I said to MS, you'd have to be crazy to think that they wouldn't make that deal if that's what it took to get Regehr. Carolina showed us last year that you don't have to have a ton of offensive firepower from the backline to win a cup. But we've got a guy who can be effective, given the chance, in Rozsival... if he shoots the puck consistently, and hits the net. The guy's got an absolute laser of a shot.

Look at it, and this is not the order of what I think the pairings would be...

Regehr-Staal
Rozsival-Malik (Him being waived is just a wet dream)
Mara-Girardi
what......no Pock????

BlueHavok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 01:10 PM
TheRedressor

Pock is slated for the #7 spot

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 06:57 PM
Barbara Underhill
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke

I'm neither with or against John, Regher would be an upgrade over anyone on the D right now. I just don't think it's going to happen and I wouldn't want to give too much up. Maybe Dawes, a utility guy and a 2nd round pick.

Barbara Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:02 PM
OleOleOleOleBureBure

Malik + prospect. so we would basically upgrade Malik. Calgary would save some money here as well which is big plus for them since they are going for smyth and need to resign igi

OleOleOleOleBureBure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:05 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

i love it when people think our garbage+b level prospects get you elite level talent.

sorry folks, youre starting with prucha/montoya, sauer, and a 2008 first for a player of his caliber, and of his age.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:39 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Not that I would include Staal in a trade for Regehr BUT...Isn't Staal upside supposed to be what Regehr is already?

Again I'm not proposing a trade...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
JayMan82

Despite the rumor, I just don't see Calgary letting loose their Assistant Captain on a team that is already letting go of Hamrlik and Brad Stuart...

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 08:49 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Geez Jon RX I guess your dream won't come true. Regehr just signed a 5 year extension to stay in Calgary. Oh well... Too bad...

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 09:23 PM
Noonan25

Montoya, Malek, Immonen, and Baranka

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote