HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Prospect Poll #10

View Poll Results: #10 Prospect
Tom Pyatt (F) 7 7.22%
Antoine Lafleur (G) 1 1.03%
Jarkko Immonen (F) 1 1.03%
Dane Byers (F) 1 1.03%
Lauri Korpikoski (F) 55 56.70%
Mike Sauer (D) 12 12.37%
Nigel Dawes (F) 15 15.46%
Ivan Baranka (D) 2 2.06%
Hugh Jessiman (F) 0 0%
Brodie Dupont (F) 3 3.09%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-02-2007, 01:29 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

vCash: 500
Rangers Prospect Poll #10

New York Rangers Prospect List

#1 -- Marc Staal (D) - Played for the Sudbury Wolves (OHL) - Selected 12th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#2 -- Al Montoya (G) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 6th Overall in the 2004 Draft
#3 -- Alexei Cherepanov (F) - Playing for Omsk Avangard (RSL) - Selected 17th Overall in the 2007 Draft
#4 -- Alex Bourret (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Selected 16th Overall in the 2005 Draft
#5 -- Ryan Callahan (F) -Playing for the New York Rangers (NHL) - Drafted in the 4th Round in the 2004 Draft.
#6 -- Dan Girardi (D) - Playing for the New York Rangers (NHL) - Undrafted, signed by the Rangers in '06.
#7 -- Brandon Dubinsky (F) - Playing for the Hartford Wolf Pack (AHL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2004 Draft.
#8 -- Bobby Sanguinetti (D) - Playing for Brampton Battalion (OHL) - Drafted 21st overall in the 2006 Draft.
#9 -- Artem Anisimov (F) - Playing for Yaroslavl Lokomotiv (RSL) - Drafted in the 2nd round in the 2006 Draft.

Results from last round

Added this Round: Antoine Lafleur (G)
Nominations: Antoine Lafleur (13), Billy Ryan (9), Ryan Hillier (10), David Liffiton (1)

Post who you want added

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 01:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Korpedo is great in his own end but I'll hold off voting for him until we see him adjust to the NA game and score some points.

We know what we have with Nigel, the kid just needs a shot.

Oh, add Hillier.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Nich

korpedo, add ryan

really, i think korpedo has a better upside than dawes

my next 2 after korpedo

sauer
dawes

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 01:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post
korpedo, add ryan

really, i think korpedo has a better upside than dawes

my next 2 after korpedo

sauer
dawes

Same here

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 02:01 PM
SPG

Korpedo.

Add Billy Ryan.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 900
voted korpi

add hillier

Plato is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 02:39 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Sauer 'til he gets picked.

Add Billy Ryan.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:02 PM
DarthSather99

My man Sauer can't crack the top 10 ???

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:06 PM
dkich96

Why does no one like Immo??? Didn't he prove more than any of our prospects so far on the NHL level, and why the Rangers never give him a chance is just beyond me...

dkich96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Ola

My top 10:

1. Marc Staal //Could be a top 5 D in the NHL. I really belives that. He is extremely smart and poised. Solves anything that faces him. Got a bit rawer offense tools, but at the same time behind Scott Niedermayer and Lidström there aren't many D's in the NHL who are extremely good defensivly and offensivly. Its mostly about dooing the same things over and over again.

2. Aleksi Cherepanov //Defenitly a top end talent. There is a big big gap in terms of skills between Cherepanov and someone like Schremp, Bourret for example and others. This kid is typical top 3 talent in a draft, I got him higher then Niklas Bäckström for example, or about even with him. Sure he got some flaws, he is russian what that now means, don't ask me, ect. Don't bug me much, everyone got flaws, Gretzky was extremely soft and couldn't really shoot...

3. Artem Anisimov //I said it after the first time I saw Anisimov, this kid is a typical top 10-15 pick in a draft, and now it seems like he have taken another step. Its a bit early but he could be a heck of a pick too. I really really like Artem. There is a reason to be reasonable though, Artem have to keep developing and developing, a player type like him got to be dominant with his overall skill level, he aren't a Savard who can create offense barefoot on the ice... But he is looking really good.

4. Alvaro Montoya //I am not down on Alvaro. He needs to take another step. Goalies takes a long time to develop. I would call Montoya 50/50 at this point, to become a starter in the NHL that is. Thats damn good.

5. Daniel Girardi //I really like Girardi. Don't really need to comment on him, just appriciate what he is about.

6. Lauri Korpikoski //I am a big beliver in Korpikoski, the reason I got him this low speaks a ton of our depth. AA takes him on top end potential. But I am willing to bet that once Korpedo get in to the NHL, once he is ready, and he will be, people will be really suprised. He is a special player. Extremely hardworking. Got that extra gear and can burn anyone. Tremendous balance and never gives up.

7. Brandon Dubinsky //Brandon is a bit "square" on the ice, a bit choppy, a bit undeveloped. Though he could be a player sooner then people expect. Very hard to controll when he gets gooing offensivly. Defenitly got an edge. Time defenitly won't hurt him, and once he makes it 40-50 games into a season he is the type of player who the team gets rewarded for having. Just tough to play against, not fun.

8. Bobby Sanguetti //I am cautious on Bobby S., and I defenitly think its reason for it. I saw him in HFD several times last season and liked what I saw. Thought the NHL is really tough on a D. You need to play a 100% game all the time. Thats what most D's that don't make it can't do. Its not like with a forward that they often don't got the gods/brain to play in the NHL. Bobby S got the gods. Though there is allot left to prove before he can challenge for a spot in the NHL.

9. Ryan Callahan //I really like Harry. Though not sold on his scoring ability in the NHL. He will have a long career in the NHL, no doubt, but I wouldn't bet on him beeing a top 6 forward at this point. He got that potential, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think he will be a decent 3rd lineer. I hope I am wrong.

Tied 10. Alex Bourret & Tom Pyatt //Bourret is a guys who really could prove me wrong, but he is a niche player, and to find that niche at the NHL could be tough. Look at Huselius for example, another what I call "niche" player. Took him 7 years before he found his role and a enviorment to work him, Bourret aren't quite at Huselius level.

I really like Tom Pyatt, think he got potential to be a Jason Blake type of player. Not as likely to reach it though. It will be exciting to follow him.

BTW, what a sick top 11 we got!

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 03:29 PM
JayMan82

Nigel
+ BR

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
My top 10:

1. Marc Staal //Could be a top 5 D in the NHL. I really belives that. He is extremely smart and poised. Solves anything that faces him. Got a bit rawer offense tools, but at the same time behind Scott Niedermayer and Lidström there aren't many D's in the NHL who are extremely good defensivly and offensivly. Its mostly about dooing the same things over and over again.

2. Aleksi Cherepanov //Defenitly a top end talent. There is a big big gap in terms of skills between Cherepanov and someone like Schremp, Bourret for example and others. This kid is typical top 3 talent in a draft, I got him higher then Niklas Bäckström for example, or about even with him. Sure he got some flaws, he is russian what that now means, don't ask me, ect. Don't bug me much, everyone got flaws, Gretzky was extremely soft and couldn't really shoot...

3. Artem Anisimov //I said it after the first time I saw Anisimov, this kid is a typical top 10-15 pick in a draft, and now it seems like he have taken another step. Its a bit early but he could be a heck of a pick too. I really really like Artem. There is a reason to be reasonable though, Artem have to keep developing and developing, a player type like him got to be dominant with his overall skill level, he aren't a Savard who can create offense barefoot on the ice... But he is looking really good.

4. Alvaro Montoya //I am not down on Alvaro. He needs to take another step. Goalies takes a long time to develop. I would call Montoya 50/50 at this point, to become a starter in the NHL that is. Thats damn good.

5. Daniel Girardi //I really like Girardi. Don't really need to comment on him, just appriciate what he is about.

6. Lauri Korpikoski //I am a big beliver in Korpikoski, the reason I got him this low speaks a ton of our depth. AA takes him on top end potential. But I am willing to bet that once Korpedo get in to the NHL, once he is ready, and he will be, people will be really suprised. He is a special player. Extremely hardworking. Got that extra gear and can burn anyone. Tremendous balance and never gives up.

7. Brandon Dubinsky //Brandon is a bit "square" on the ice, a bit choppy, a bit undeveloped. Though he could be a player sooner then people expect. Very hard to controll when he gets gooing offensivly. Defenitly got an edge. Time defenitly won't hurt him, and once he makes it 40-50 games into a season he is the type of player who the team gets rewarded for having. Just tough to play against, not fun.

8. Bobby Sanguetti //I am cautious on Bobby S., and I defenitly think its reason for it. I saw him in HFD several times last season and liked what I saw. Thought the NHL is really tough on a D. You need to play a 100% game all the time. Thats what most D's that don't make it can't do. Its not like with a forward that they often don't got the gods/brain to play in the NHL. Bobby S got the gods. Though there is allot left to prove before he can challenge for a spot in the NHL.

9. Ryan Callahan //I really like Harry. Though not sold on his scoring ability in the NHL. He will have a long career in the NHL, no doubt, but I wouldn't bet on him beeing a top 6 forward at this point. He got that potential, but I wouldn't bet on it. I think he will be a decent 3rd lineer. I hope I am wrong.

Tied 10. Alex Bourret & Tom Pyatt //Bourret is a guys who really could prove me wrong, but he is a niche player, and to find that niche at the NHL could be tough. Look at Huselius for example, another what I call "niche" player. Took him 7 years before he found his role and a enviorment to work him, Bourret aren't quite at Huselius level.

I really like Tom Pyatt, think he got potential to be a Jason Blake type of player. Not as likely to reach it though. It will be exciting to follow him.

BTW, what a sick top 11 we got!
Excellent job, if I did a list it'd be almost identical.

We feel the same way about Bourett.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 05:24 PM
eco's bones

Korpikoski and add Hillier.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
Why does no one like Immo??? Didn't he prove more than any of our prospects so far on the NHL level, and why the Rangers never give him a chance is just beyond me...
It's what I ask everyday. Okay, not everyday, haha. I just don't want him going back to Europe so I can at least see him on the other teams.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 06:40 PM
bmoak

Sauer. Add Hillier.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 07:37 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
Jarkko is too old to be considered a prospect, I believe is the logic.

Still can't believe Nigel is getting such little love. He's proved himself in the AHL and is just waiting for a real shot in the bigs.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 08:01 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Ryan

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
The Korpedo! I'm like Ola: once he hits the Rangers, I'm sure that he'll be a fan favourite.

Add Ryan.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote