HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Can you feel the hate coming back?

Old
07-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Erika

vCash: 500
Stupid Rangers !!!! Got all the good signings !!

Drury, Gomez and possibly Souray !!

I'm a Habs-Sens fan so yeah, I'm pretty jealous of you guys !!

Hope that you guys tank to the bottom of the standings

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrAlfie

i love and hate it, because suddenly even a certain islanders fan who used to be very level headed jumped on the hate-the-rangers bandwaggon.
i opened up a thread about a team looking pretty ****ed after they lost the whole first line and asked how people think the management is going to solve the situation.
there was no indication of bragging by me , the only time i even mentioned the rangers was when i said that most will probably not believe that i feel kinda sorry for them because im a ranger fan. and then this supposedly level-headed guy came out of nowhere jumped me and went on a rant how the rangers went back to 97 and that the cup isnt won in july (appearantly his favorite line) and accused me of all kind of stuff.

other came in told him it was totally uncalled for... what happens? exactly.. my thread gets deleted.
baboom!

thats why i hate it.. but i love the imagination of pouting fans from certain teams.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
First off, who gives a FLYING **** what Dean Lombardi has to say about the Rangers? As I said before: **** everyone else. And **** him..

lol, tell us how you really feel Jon don't hold back.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
ThirdEye

Can people please link to the article where Lundqvist states that he's not even going to look at any offer sheets, so you know, people can refer to it

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
gers*

nothing better than being hated by the other 29 teams

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Lundqvist won't accept it...that's why. He's gonna get paid. I know it's a business and other guys have said they weren't going anywhere...and then left. But I don't see Henrik leaving. Why would he? This team has only been on the rise since he got here and is poised to take it the distance. No offense to the Kings, but what is your outlook this season?
I think the rules say you that if you give up more than one 1st rounder in compensation that it has to be every other year starting with the next draft. Our outlook is pretty good considering the guys we signed today and the future is bright with players like Kopitar, Jack Johnson, Brown, Cammalleri, Frolov, and enough cap room to re-sign Visnovsky.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I know I am not the only one who has sensed it on these boards the past two days after our big signings. People are starting to hate the Rangers again. It was a matter of time I guess. We are starting to see the old " Rangers just throw money around recklessly" and " the small markets can't compete with the big markets that front load contracts" rants. I gotta admit, i kinda like it. You can just sense the resentment in so many posts. Wheter it's because the team they root for did nothing to improve or because they wanted the two guys we got. Whatever it is, the hate is back, and I love it. The image of opposing fans angrily typing mean spirited posts as they mumble " stupid rags with their stupid front loaded contracts" is very entertaining.

It's a riot! Gotta' love it when all these clowns hate the Rangers and blame them for all of the NHL's ills.

All it really proves is that the Lockout was the charade, that a lot of people thought it was.

Small market teams and teams located where no NHL team should be, still can't compete........even with a "Salary Cap".

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 10:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie Mexes View Post
i love and hate it, because suddenly even a certain islanders fan who used to be very level headed jumped on the hate-the-rangers bandwaggon.
i opened up a thread about a team looking pretty ****ed after they lost the whole first line and asked how people think the management is going to solve the situation.
there was no indication of bragging by me , the only time i even mentioned the rangers was when i said that most will probably not believe that i feel kinda sorry for them because im a ranger fan. and then this supposedly level-headed guy came out of nowhere jumped me and went on a rant how the rangers went back to 97 and that the cup isnt won in july (appearantly his favorite line) and accused me of all kind of stuff.

other came in told him it was totally uncalled for... what happens? exactly.. my thread gets deleted.
baboom!

thats why i hate it.. but i love the imagination of pouting fans from certain teams.
I kind of understand their feelings though. There's nothing you can say that they want to hear right now. Some of these teams have just been decimated (Isles, Sabres, Devils) and the last thing they want is some Rangers fan consoling them. They don't want to hear a fart from you. The wounds are deep and fresh and they want to be left alone.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
People will only hate the Rangers if they're successful.

Otherwise the hate will turn to pity or derision pretty quickly.

The free agent frenzy always has people jumping to conclusions in July.
As a Flyers fan, I would have to say that thinking that the Rangers will be bad enough to actually pity or deride is silly. Jagr and Henrik alone could drag the Rangers to an 8th seed. Sure, they will have their soft spots and holes just like any other team but they will be fighting for the division lead with the Pens.

But, I fully expect the Flyers to win the season series. We played well against the Rags last season with an AHL team. And, they were also some of the dirtiest, gritty games I saw. This year is only gonna be better.

The same hate that is spilling towards New York is spilling towards Philly. Just because our teams have money (in terms of both cap rooms and the pocketbooks of billion dollar organizations) and actually have a commitment to winning is no reason to talk ****. Hate the Rangers or Flyers for the traditional reasons... not because they give a damn about winning.

None of these recent signings were for the league max so, therefore, teams must have chose not to continue bidding for these players. It's as simple as that.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:01 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
First off, who gives a FLYING **** what Dean Lombardi has to say about the Rangers? As I said before: **** everyone else. And **** him.

Lundqvist has already publicly stated that he WILL NOT SIGN ANY OFFER SHEET PRESENTED TO HIM.

End of story.

We'll trade you Montoya. If you include Jack Johnson.

Second off, you can't just pick and choose draft picks. That's just an absurd thought, even.
I see I touched a nerve. You should care about what Lombardi and other astute GMs say about the Rangers and their cap situation. Players say a lot of things in public right up until the time someone puts a wheel barrel full of money in front of them.

You aren't in any position to demand Jack Johnson. The Kings or any other team like them would have you over a barrel, not vice versa.

And finally, the Kings wouldn't be picking and choosing draft picks. By the rules of the CBA if Lundqvist signed the offer sheet and you didn't match, you would get our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2008 and our 1st in 2010.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post

None of these recent signings were for the league max so, therefore, teams must have chose not to continue bidding for these players. It's as simple as that.
Or the players actually WANTED to be NEW YORK RANGERS

07-02-2007, 11:02 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
The hatred seems alot like jealousy. We took advantage of our situation and we still have 10 million to show for it and resign some players. If no other team likes what we have done then forget them, ignore them. We are doing what we have to do to go all the way and bring home the Stanley Cup. If this is the way we have to do it then fine. It will.

Looking forward to what seems to be a great 07 - 08 season.

The season keeps getting better with all this whining and complaining too!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:03 PM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I kind of understand their feelings though. There's nothing you can say that they want to hear right now. Some of these teams have just been decimated (Isles, Sabres, Devils) and the last thing they want is some Rangers fan consoling them. They don't want to hear a fart from you. The wounds are deep and fresh and they want to be left alone.
There is not real hate from my side what the rags did. They had the cap space and done what they thought was best for them. Time will tell how it works out for you guys. That being said i will definantly have a lil chuckle when a team that spent to the limit(weither it be the rangers or somebody else) falls flat on there face this year or loses a RFA because they capped out(oh the irony if the canucks make a play for Carter or Richards).

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
NyQuil
Setec Astronomy

Quote:
As a Flyers fan, I would have to say that thinking that the Rangers will be bad enough to actually pity or deride is silly.
It's all about expectations.

And they've just shot up a great deal.

Judging by the posts in this thread, it's Cup or bust now.

NyQuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I see I touched a nerve. You should care about what Lombardi and other astute GMs say about the Rangers and their cap situation. Players say a lot of things in public right up until the time someone puts a wheel barrel full of money in front of them.

You aren't in any position to demand Jack Johnson. The Kings or any other team like them would have you over a barrel, not vice versa.

And finally, the Kings wouldn't be picking and choosing draft picks. By the rules of the CBA if Lundqvist signed the offer sheet and you didn't match, you would get our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2008 and our 1st in 2010.
Point is Lundqvist isn't accepting it. And if he does we'll just match. We can go over the cap by $5 mil over the summer. That should more than cover it. I'm not stressing over the King right now. He's here to stay.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:04 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:

Thanks for Sean Avery. Really THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyQuil View Post
It's all about expectations.

And they've just shot up a great deal.

Judging by the posts in this thread, it's Cup or bust now.
You are correct. I even started a thread here about it.

But I would disagree about cup or bust now.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:05 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:06 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
As a Flyers fan, I would have to say that thinking that the Rangers will be bad enough to actually pity or deride is silly. Jagr and Henrik alone could drag the Rangers to an 8th seed. Sure, they will have their soft spots and holes just like any other team but they will be fighting for the division lead with the Pens.

But, I fully expect the Flyers to win the season series. We played well against the Rags last season with an AHL team. And, they were also some of the dirtiest, gritty games I saw. This year is only gonna be better.

The same hate that is spilling towards New York is spilling towards Philly. Just because our teams have money (in terms of both cap rooms and the pocketbooks of billion dollar organizations) and actually have a commitment to winning is no reason to talk ****. Hate the Rangers or Flyers for the traditional reasons... not because they give a damn about winning.

Are you guys gonna sign a tough guy for Colton Orr to use as a speed bag again?

Old
07-02-2007, 11:07 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:

Old
07-02-2007, 11:08 PM
MrAlfie

alright.. since everyone is gettin new avatars im gonna go with this one... where is staggarelli?

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Jeds2StepOpus

Dean Lombardi?

Isn't he the guy who sells hot dogs and chips down Hollywood Blvd?

Good relish.

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Valhoun*

Quote:

Your team couldn't win a Cup with Wayne Gretzky.

I would type more but, hey, what the hell else needs to be said?

Old
07-02-2007, 11:10 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:

You know I was thinking to myself "you know what this thread needs, a random Kings fan to come into it and talk about the Kings future plans and the possible poaching of our goalie even though it has nothing to do with anything we are talking about"

Mission Accomplished sir

Old
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Actually, we might. Fedoruk was even worse than Orr. Not that we will need to for you guys. We're the team that let Fedoruk, a washed up enforcer, skate around roughing and boarding with wild abandon last season when we faced you. Hell, he was even able to knock Jagr on his ass with a late hit. Good stuff.