HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Can you feel the hate coming back?

Old
07-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
And finally, the Kings wouldn't be picking and choosing draft picks. By the rules of the CBA if Lundqvist signed the offer sheet and you didn't match, you would get our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in 2008 and our 1st in 2010.
You're over-looking one very important factor. Lundqvist loves playing for the Rangers, does not want to leave and would never even consider playing for your goofy team.

The Kings? .......

Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:12 PM
Nich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhoun View Post
Actually, we might. Not that we will need to for you guys. We're the team that let Fedoruk, a washed up enforcer, skate around roughing and boarding with wild abandon last season when we faced you. Hell, he was even able to knock Jagr on his ass with a late hit. Good stuff.
was this before or after he got knocked the ******* out by Colton?

here i found it for easy memory reference. thank god he is ok still...

Last edited by FLYLine24*: 07-02-2007 at 11:33 PM. Reason: fixed your video so it would show
Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
TomLaidlaw

Jon and Alfie,

I love the new avatars.

The million dollar man is a nice touch.

Anyone who wants to "poach" my avatar like the Kings are gonna poach Lundy, feel free. Let's ram the money avatars down every other fans throat until the Hate cycle is complete

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:14 PM
Jeds2StepOpus

Quote:
Actually, we might. Fedoruk was even worse than Orr. Not that we will need to for you guys. We're the team that let Fedoruk, a washed up enforcer, skate around roughing and boarding with wild abandon last season when we faced you. Hell, he was even able to knock Jagr on his ass with a late hit. Good stuff.
He paid a severe and painful price for that, then cried a like little b****, afterwards.

Job well done

Last edited by Jeds2StepOpus: 07-02-2007 at 11:19 PM.
Jeds2StepOpus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:16 PM
Valhoun*

Send a message via AIM to Valhoun*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
He paid a severe and painful price for that, then cried like little b****, afterwards.

Job well done
Yeah, Fedoruk used to be a quality fighter but then had his face broken. Him losing to Colton Orr was such a low point... Ben Eager is quality but has just a tad too much talent to always be gooning it up. Just like (it pains me to say this) Sean Avery.

Valhoun* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:20 PM
kovalev27hf

JEALOUSY PURE JEALOUSY

anyone shocked that lombardi is the one crying? he wanted to give drury the keys to the city along with a blank check and chris told him he wanted to go home SORRY. please go ahead and offer henke a deal he won't sign it and if he did we have like 12 million to match and another 5 million over the cap for the summer. these IDIOTS have decided not to actually look at our cap numbers before crying that we are WAY OVER. fools we'll be fine and if we want souray we'll get him and move some dead weight and STILL be fine. i love it and miss it honestly.

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:22 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Yeah, Fedoruk used to be a quality fighter but then had his face broken. Him losing to Colton Orr was such a low point... Ben Eager is quality but has just a tad too much talent to always be gooning it up. Just like (it pains me to say this) Sean Avery.
I personally am anticipating when Downie joins you guys. Those games against us could be the stuff of legend. And lots of expletives thrown towards him, of course.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I personally am anticipating when Downie joins you guys. Those games against us could be the stuff of legend. And lots of expletives thrown towards him, of course.
Yeah, I didn't mention Downie since I wouldn't expect every Ranger fan to know/give a damn about who he is. It looks like he has a very legit shot at grabbing a fourth line spot. But, then again, he'd get quality minutes in the minors.

High energy players like Downie, Richards, Upshall, with our bigger guys will be amazing to watch against the Rangers. I think the Rangers - Flyers games will be among the best to watch this upcoming season since there will be palpable hatred and also playoff seed significance.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:29 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
JEALOUSY PURE JEALOUSY

anyone shocked that lombardi is the one crying? he wanted to give drury the keys to the city along with a blank check and chris told him he wanted to go home SORRY. please go ahead and offer henke a deal he won't sign it and if he did we have like 12 million to match and another 5 million over the cap for the summer. these IDIOTS have decided not to actually look at our cap numbers before crying that we are WAY OVER. fools we'll be fine and if we want souray we'll get him and move some dead weight and STILL be fine. i love it and miss it honestly.
My favorite new complaint about us is " Why are the rangers only paying Jagr 4.9, the league is letting them cheat". That one is gaining steam. You can't make this stuff up.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:32 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Yeah, I didn't mention Downie since I wouldn't expect every Ranger fan to know/give a damn about who he is. It looks like he has a very legit shot at grabbing a fourth line spot. But, then again, he'd get quality minutes in the minors.

High energy players like Downie, Richards, Upshall, with our bigger guys will be amazing to watch against the Rangers. I think the Rangers - Flyers games will be among the best to watch this upcoming season since there will be palpable hatred and also playoff seed significance.
I definitely keep track of prospects from division rivals and I know alot of people are high on Downie. I've heard alot of Avery comparisons and I know the whole story about him and Akim Aliu in juniors - which had me hoping we would draft him.

The Flyers definitely have alot of guys that are willing to pull stuff and that's ok because the Rangers do too. I will say from last year's games (I attended four NYR/PHI games) that despite the fact the Flyers were an awful team, they never just rolled over and quit..they gave us alot of fits. Now that you guys will be improved, that's going to make our guys take it up a notch and the level of play is just going to be outstanding.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:33 PM
broadwayblue

man, 88 more days until opening night...i can hardly wait to get this season started!!!

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Can people please link to the article where Lundqvist states that he's not even going to look at any offer sheets, so you know, people can refer to it
Here you go.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06232007...rry_brooks.htm

Quote:
By LARRY BROOKS

June 23, 2007 -- COLUMBUS, Ohio - The King has no interest in moving his throne out of New York.

Other athletes might play it differently in order to maximize their negotiating leverage, but Don Meehan, the agent for Henrik Lundqvist, yesterday told The Post the Rangers goaltender has no interest in either soliciting or receiving potential offer sheets if he reaches NHL Group II free-agent status July 1.

"There's a sense that offer sheets will become a grudging part of the business and [that] is something both the Rangers and we are aware of, but that's not going to be a factor in our negotiations," Meehan said

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
Valhoun*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I definitely keep track of prospects from division rivals and I know alot of people are high on Downie. I've heard alot of Avery comparisons and I know the whole story about him and Akim Aliu in juniors - which had me hoping we would draft him.

The Flyers definitely have alot of guys that are willing to pull stuff and that's ok because the Rangers do too. I will say from last year's games (I attended four NYR/PHI games) that despite the fact the Flyers were an awful team, they never just rolled over and quit..they gave us alot of fits. Now that you guys will be improved, that's going to make our guys take it up a notch and the level of play is just going to be outstanding.
I think you'll see that the Flyers, Rangers, and teams like Anaheim, actually play the brand of hockey that people want to see. A tad dirty, a lot physical, and fast and skilled. Downie is a good representation of that just like Avery is. There have been a number of discussions on the Flyers board about Downie and a common statement is this: Hey, guys, I think we might have to stop calling Avery a little (four letter C-word) once Downie joins the club because... well, Downie is going to do the exact same ****.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:54 PM
TomLaidlaw

Valhoun,

This has been my wallpaper on my comp since it happened. The only way it comes down is if it gets replaced with a Rangers winning the Cup picture.

Old
07-02-2007, 11:56 PM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I'd like to know why people don't like the Rangers because of the signings.

The only thing I can come up with is they are jealous that their team didn't get him.

Really what else is there? They are mad at us because we outbid teams because we had the cap room? Thats not a good enough reason to be mad.

We played our money smart over the past 2 years and now we are rewarded, and now people are pissed.
Absolutely right Fly. Folks just get irrational. Because it's the Rangers, it's all bad, the cap, the NHL, everything. The points you make are dead on, but their are a bunch of biased, glass half empty, whining pansies out there. Not all but many.

The best thing would be for the Rangers to just be solid Cup contenders with a few championships the next few years. It would be the best thing for the NHL. Now that I've said that watch, I'll be called a Koolaid drinking lunatic by some.

The Rangers will need to win , but when the Rangers are good they are hated and that my friends is very good for the NHL....and hockey period.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:02 AM
TomLaidlaw

Alright fellas, Alfies avatar gave me an idea. Instead of getting into all these arguments with opposing fans about our Free Agency tactics we simply take the high road and reply with this video.....

The Official 2007 NY Rangers Off Season Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg

enjoy!!

Old
07-03-2007, 12:04 AM
Pizza

Quote:

It's gonna be good Val, really good. I can see this "thing of ours" getting back to where it used to be when I was growing up.

That's where it belongs.

And it will just get better when some of our kids get into the mix
Raw, unbridled energy....with more skill. Good, good stuff.

Old
07-03-2007, 12:06 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Alright fellas, Alfies avatar gave me an idea. Instead of getting into all these arguments with opposing fans about our Free Agency tactics we simply take the high road and reply with this video.....

The Official 2007 NY Rangers Off Season Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cDWPvhiPWg

enjoy!!
Haaaaa!!! Haaaa!!!

Sather in a Speedo!!!

Old
07-03-2007, 12:09 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
I don't think the hate ever left. People just knew "oh, they stink, no need to worry about them"

Hate just means they respect us, and they know we're dangerous. Them hating us is actually the biggest compliment we can get from opposing fans.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:16 AM
RangersMoogle

Send a message via AIM to RangersMoogle Send a message via MSN to RangersMoogle
No matter how much the Islanders, Flyers, and Devils hate us, I will always hate them more.

Especially the Islanders. Scum of the Earth, Islanders fans.

RangersMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:35 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Oh excuse our staff for setting up ourselves very nicely in regards to having a significant amount of cap room. It wouldn't surprise me if Henrik gets an offer sheet thrown at him, but why would he sign it? You can say this might turn into Drury or Gomez's team at somepoint up front but if the big guy aint back there then we are probably shaking our heads as if we were watching mike dunham everynight. This is Hank's team and he's running with it, and us fans are tryin to stay with the wave.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 12:50 AM
NYR1724

They still have a hockey team in Los Angeles?

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:31 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalev27hf View Post
JEALOUSY PURE JEALOUSY

I don't think that there is any jealousy or malice involved here at all. Lombardi is simply looking at a position that the Kings desparately need help with and considering all of his options. If he determines that Lundqvist is worth the picks then it certainly does him no harm to make the offer.

If he does and Lundqvist doesn't accept it, fine. If Lundqvist accepts and the Rags match, then fine. Lombardi will have done his job by making every attempt to improve the Kings. Point is, there is more than one way to skin a cat. With a cap in place, spending big money in the UFA market isn't the only way to get it done.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:41 AM
HarborYardSec109

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think that there is any jealousy or malice involved here at all. Lombardi is simply looking at a position that the Kings desparately need help with and considering all of his options. If he determines that Lundqvist is worth the picks then it certainly does him no harm to make the offer.

If he does and Lundqvist doesn't accept it, fine. If Lundqvist accepts and the Rags match, then fine. Lombardi will have done his job by making every attempt to improve the Kings. Point is, there is more than one way to skin a cat. With a cap in place, spending big money in the UFA market isn't the only way to get it done.
Neither is willingly forking over draft picks for an offer sheet.

Then again, the Kings also willingly gave the Canucks draft picks for Dan "The Human Sieve" Cloutier in a trade, so it wouldn't shock me too much if they tried this tact...

===========================================

So the Rangers and Sather know how to work the cap...not gonna begrudge them that at all...hell, there's quite a few other teams that wish their front office staffs were up on how to maximize things under the cap. Hence the whining from certain corners (most loudly from western NY and northern NJ)...

HarborYardSec109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 02:59 AM
EnticeTheMasses*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Can people please link to the article where Lundqvist states that he's not even going to look at any offer sheets, so you know, people can refer to it

Check the archive of the Post.

EnticeTheMasses* is offline   Reply With Quote