HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

GM Bruins has another handle.

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 02:56 PM
Vaive-Alive

vCash: 500
GM Bruins has another handle.

After almost two years of repeatedly asking HFBoards to change my handle from GM Bruins to anything other than GM Bruins, I have been forced to open up another account under the name "Vaive-Alive". My GM Bruins account is still active, and I may use it from time to time.

Cheers,

Kruegs

GM Bruins

Old
03-04-2004, 03:54 PM
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive
After almost two years of repeatedly asking HFBoards to change my handle from GM Bruins to anything other than GM Bruins, I have been forced to open up another account under the name "Vaive-Alive". My GM Bruins account is still active, and I may use it from time to time.

Cheers,

Kruegs

GM Bruins

Ugh. I would feel a lot more sanguine about your choice of handle if I hadn't been stuck as an Icedogs fan watching ol' helmet-hair (really, it's as bad as Kerry Fraser's!) set back the development of our players by another year. He did simply a terrible job with our kids, perhaps because he seemed to be expecting them to be just like the men he was coaching in the AHL instead of a bunch of teenagers. He just wasn't able to handle it at all.

But hey - if you suffered through the Leafs of the '80's (I guess we all did), there are precious few names you can point to that mean something, and I guess Vaive is one of them.

Old
03-04-2004, 04:42 PM
Vaive-Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones
Ugh. I would feel a lot more sanguine about your choice of handle if I hadn't been stuck as an Icedogs fan watching ol' helmet-hair (really, it's as bad as Kerry Fraser's!) set back the development of our players by another year. He did simply a terrible job with our kids, perhaps because he seemed to be expecting them to be just like the men he was coaching in the AHL instead of a bunch of teenagers. He just wasn't able to handle it at all.

But hey - if you suffered through the Leafs of the '80's (I guess we all did), there are precious few names you can point to that mean something, and I guess Vaive is one of them.
I am a St. Mikes fan, so I can't really sympathize with a fan of the Slush Puppies ( although you guys are doing well this year! ). However, I will agree with your latter point about suffering through the 80's. When Ballard pretty much sucked the life out of Sittler and Paiement and sent them packing in 82 ( ugh ) we really only had one bright spot to cheer for on the team - Rick Vaive. He had 50+ points for three years in a row. He was pretty much the bright spot until Courtnall came around and then Damphouse was drafted ( I think right around that time ) and he looked to be up and coming ( and actually was a great young player only to be later traded ). We actually made the playoffs that year ( I think that was 87?) and took out the Blues in the first round if I recall correctly. Of course then Vaive was sent packing to somewhere ( I can't remember but i think it was Chicago ) for Eddie the 'O' who stuck around for a few years playing really well until he got shipped off in a wonderous trade for DAVE ELLET....ugh. I could go on but I won't. Anyway, Rick Vaive is really the only noteable one of the 80's IMO - sorry all you Durlago, Iafrate, and Anderson fans, but hey - Vaive was the only bright spot on the team!

Old
03-04-2004, 04:47 PM
Vaive-Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive
I am a St. Mikes fan, so I can't really sympathize with a fan of the Slush Puppies ( although you guys are doing well this year! ). However, I will agree with your latter point about suffering through the 80's. When Ballard pretty much sucked the life out of Sittler and Paiement and sent them packing in 82 ( ugh ) we really only had one bright spot to cheer for on the team - Rick Vaive. He had 50+ points for three years in a row. He was pretty much the bright spot until Courtnall came around and then Damphouse was drafted ( I think right around that time ) and he looked to be up and coming ( and actually was a great young player only to be later traded ). We actually made the playoffs that year ( I think that was 87?) and took out the Blues in the first round if I recall correctly. Of course then Vaive was sent packing to somewhere ( I can't remember but i think it was Chicago ) for Eddie the 'O' who stuck around for a few years playing really well until he got shipped off in a wonderous trade for DAVE ELLET....ugh. I could go on but I won't. Anyway, Rick Vaive is really the only noteable one of the 80's IMO - sorry all you Durlago, Iafrate, and Anderson fans, but hey - Vaive was the only bright spot on the team!
Sorry, that was 50+ goals for three years in a row! However, the rest of the team probably combined for 50+ pts. in those abysmal years...

Closed Thread