HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

GM Bruins has another handle.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-04-2004, 02:56 PM
  #1
Vaive-Alive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
GM Bruins has another handle.

After almost two years of repeatedly asking HFBoards to change my handle from GM Bruins to anything other than GM Bruins, I have been forced to open up another account under the name "Vaive-Alive". My GM Bruins account is still active, and I may use it from time to time.

Cheers,

Kruegs

GM Bruins

Vaive-Alive is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 03:54 PM
  #2
Ohio Jones
The other Dexter
 
Ohio Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Great White North
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive
After almost two years of repeatedly asking HFBoards to change my handle from GM Bruins to anything other than GM Bruins, I have been forced to open up another account under the name "Vaive-Alive". My GM Bruins account is still active, and I may use it from time to time.

Cheers,

Kruegs

GM Bruins

Ugh. I would feel a lot more sanguine about your choice of handle if I hadn't been stuck as an Icedogs fan watching ol' helmet-hair (really, it's as bad as Kerry Fraser's!) set back the development of our players by another year. He did simply a terrible job with our kids, perhaps because he seemed to be expecting them to be just like the men he was coaching in the AHL instead of a bunch of teenagers. He just wasn't able to handle it at all.

But hey - if you suffered through the Leafs of the '80's (I guess we all did), there are precious few names you can point to that mean something, and I guess Vaive is one of them.

Ohio Jones is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 04:42 PM
  #3
Vaive-Alive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio Jones
Ugh. I would feel a lot more sanguine about your choice of handle if I hadn't been stuck as an Icedogs fan watching ol' helmet-hair (really, it's as bad as Kerry Fraser's!) set back the development of our players by another year. He did simply a terrible job with our kids, perhaps because he seemed to be expecting them to be just like the men he was coaching in the AHL instead of a bunch of teenagers. He just wasn't able to handle it at all.

But hey - if you suffered through the Leafs of the '80's (I guess we all did), there are precious few names you can point to that mean something, and I guess Vaive is one of them.
I am a St. Mikes fan, so I can't really sympathize with a fan of the Slush Puppies ( although you guys are doing well this year! ). However, I will agree with your latter point about suffering through the 80's. When Ballard pretty much sucked the life out of Sittler and Paiement and sent them packing in 82 ( ugh ) we really only had one bright spot to cheer for on the team - Rick Vaive. He had 50+ points for three years in a row. He was pretty much the bright spot until Courtnall came around and then Damphouse was drafted ( I think right around that time ) and he looked to be up and coming ( and actually was a great young player only to be later traded ). We actually made the playoffs that year ( I think that was 87?) and took out the Blues in the first round if I recall correctly. Of course then Vaive was sent packing to somewhere ( I can't remember but i think it was Chicago ) for Eddie the 'O' who stuck around for a few years playing really well until he got shipped off in a wonderous trade for DAVE ELLET....ugh. I could go on but I won't. Anyway, Rick Vaive is really the only noteable one of the 80's IMO - sorry all you Durlago, Iafrate, and Anderson fans, but hey - Vaive was the only bright spot on the team!

Vaive-Alive is offline  
Old
03-04-2004, 04:47 PM
  #4
Vaive-Alive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaive-Alive
I am a St. Mikes fan, so I can't really sympathize with a fan of the Slush Puppies ( although you guys are doing well this year! ). However, I will agree with your latter point about suffering through the 80's. When Ballard pretty much sucked the life out of Sittler and Paiement and sent them packing in 82 ( ugh ) we really only had one bright spot to cheer for on the team - Rick Vaive. He had 50+ points for three years in a row. He was pretty much the bright spot until Courtnall came around and then Damphouse was drafted ( I think right around that time ) and he looked to be up and coming ( and actually was a great young player only to be later traded ). We actually made the playoffs that year ( I think that was 87?) and took out the Blues in the first round if I recall correctly. Of course then Vaive was sent packing to somewhere ( I can't remember but i think it was Chicago ) for Eddie the 'O' who stuck around for a few years playing really well until he got shipped off in a wonderous trade for DAVE ELLET....ugh. I could go on but I won't. Anyway, Rick Vaive is really the only noteable one of the 80's IMO - sorry all you Durlago, Iafrate, and Anderson fans, but hey - Vaive was the only bright spot on the team!
Sorry, that was 50+ goals for three years in a row! However, the rest of the team probably combined for 50+ pts. in those abysmal years...

Vaive-Alive is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.