HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Rangers flea market is still open for business,submit your proposals

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 01:34 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boom23
barnaby + malakhov + rucinsky to dallas for erskine and a 5th or 6th or 7tth or anything
Barnaby would fill a mere depth role and isn't necessary at all with the recent aquisition of Corson. Malakhov would be our #7 and Rucinsky sucked in Dallas years ago. I'm not going to give up Erskine and picks for unnecessary assets. And as hard as it may seem:

Doug Armstrong 02-'04

We are comitted to our youth. We don't have any plans dealing Daley, Ott, Morrow, Erskine and the likes. We pretty much consider them untouchable.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:36 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
I think he could be had.Trevor Daley looks like a better prospect now a days
Daley is everything our future defense isn't. 4 Of our current 6 defensemen are pending UFA's and Daley is the only one with top 4 potential that is NHL ready. He's also the only quality offensive defenseman in the entire system. Unless we are getting back a Tjutjin, Daley won't be dealt.

Old
03-04-2004, 01:45 AM
AEKaki

I'd love to have Barnaby back in Pittsburgh. He was good.
Also LaCouture.

Old
03-04-2004, 02:51 AM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
That's too much to give up for a question mark in Lindros IMO. If you made Umberger conditional, based on how many games Lindros plays, then that makes more sense. But to trade Umberger straight up for Lindros right now is too much of a risk.
I added Pushor too didn't I?

Old
03-04-2004, 08:29 AM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster_bertuzzi
I added Pushor too didn't I?

A guy who couldn't crack the Ranger's line-up? No thanks.

Old
03-04-2004, 08:37 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dogg
What would it take to get Barnaby in a Flames jersey?

Barnaby and Rucinksy for Gauthier.

03-04-2004, 09:12 AM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Daley is everything our future defense isn't. 4 Of our current 6 defensemen are pending UFA's and Daley is the only one with top 4 potential that is NHL ready. He's also the only quality offensive defenseman in the entire system. Unless we are getting back a Tjutjin, Daley won't be dealt.
That is what I stated.I said erskine is probably available because daley is better

Old
03-04-2004, 09:14 AM
caber24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander the Great
what does his contract have to do with this.Futures could be a player heading in the leetch deal i.e Lindros as reported by MOJO radio.Maybe their waiting to see if he's healthy.Reports are he could be had for a mid round pick so it's possible as the rangers trade us lindros and keep their pick
that is what i have heard as well.. seems silly to give us a conditional pick with leetch so once lindros is healthy, maybe he is shipped here and the conditional pick goes back to new york.. bob mackenzie reported the leafs are in the market still for a center so i may not be that far fetched.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:27 AM
JR#9*

Lindros is NOT the condition pick from the Leetch deal and it would take more then a 5th-6th rounder to land Eric.

It may be conditional but Eric would return much more then that if he stayed healthy and don't forget this guy is playing for his next contract so he won't be playing soft trying to avoid the next big hit.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR#9
Lindros is NOT the condition pick from the Leetch deal and it would take more then a 5th-6th rounder to land Eric.

It may be conditional but Eric would return much more then that if he stayed healthy and don't forget this guy is playing for his next contract so he won't be playing soft trying to avoid the next big hit.
I doubt Eric is thinking that. Can't spend money in a coma. He's going to try to play while avoiding as much contact as he can...

Old
03-04-2004, 01:58 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin

A guy who couldn't crack the Ranger's line-up? No thanks.
He wouldn't crack ours either, it's called a press-box.

Old
03-04-2004, 04:48 PM
BringITon

This conditional pick that everyone is talking about in the Leetch deal, does anyone have any concrete evidence as to what the pick is??? This pick could very well be 1st rounder????? I doubt it, but to say that this pick is a 5th rounder or 6th rounder is nonsense unless you have concrete evidence.

Old
03-04-2004, 05:41 PM
C Bass

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway
Barnaby and Rucinksy for Gauthier.
I'd go for that, as long as the money is right. How much do they get paid?

Old
03-04-2004, 06:32 PM
NYR469

IMO if lindros gets traded it will be for a conditional pick, nothing more nothing less...only question is where he goes and what conditions the pick is based on...

the pick would most likely be based on 1)lindros' health and how many games he plays and 2)how the team that gets him does in the playoffs

which imo makes sense because if lindros is healthy and helps that team go far in the playoffs, then they shouldn't mind giving up a pretty decent pick...but on the other hand if lindros get hurt after only a few games than the rangers don't really deserve anything back

Old
03-04-2004, 06:46 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
which imo makes sense because if lindros is healthy and helps that team go far in the playoffs, then they shouldn't mind giving up a pretty decent pick...but on the other hand if lindros get hurt after only a few games than the rangers don't really deserve anything back
Exactly which gives me an inkling that this could be the type of move Brian Burke would make. It's a low risk/high reward type move. Of course it would likely be the only move Burke makes if he did acquire Lindros.

Old
03-04-2004, 06:59 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Dogg
I'd go for that, as long as the money is right. How much do they get paid?
both barnaby & rucinsky are UFAs at the end of the year. barnaby made about $1 mil, rucinsky about $1.6 mil this year...

i doubt the flames would give up gauthier for 2 rentals and based on the returns in other deals it looks like the rangers would prefer prospects and draft picks over nhl players anyway

Closed Thread