HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Great Job Guys

Old
07-03-2007, 11:26 PM
IslesFanInAlabama

vCash: 500
Great Job Guys

From a (very depressed) Islanders fan here I just wanted to take a moment to say that you guys have done a great job so far this offseason. You've got to be excited about this coming season!!

IslesFanInAlabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:30 PM
NYRMatt

Send a message via AIM to NYRMatt Send a message via MSN to NYRMatt
As a Ranger fan I hate your team alot. But when someone comes from a team such as the NY Islanders and gives us props on the offseason it makes me feel really happy. This is really great to hear your recognition on our offseason.

Hopefully, yours can get a tad better too.

Thanks again!

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:31 PM
KoA

I'll have to agree with Fatal whole heartedly on this one

KoA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:33 PM
fes

Thanks for your words. Its refreshing to hear them from a rival. I am excited about our season and cant wait for it.
I wish you guys luck in getting your team in order. Growing up as a Ranger fan in LI, I know there is nothing better than fierce Ranger/Islander games.
I know what its like to have the leaders of your organization being completely incompetent. Suffered through several years of the Bufoon from Banffand his idiot benefactors, the Dolans. Thankfully our ship appears to have been righted and I wish you guys the same success. A Ranger/Islander playoff series = amazing hockey.

fes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:35 PM
peanutbuttacallytime
#therightway

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanInAlabama View Post
From a (very depressed) Islanders fan here I just wanted to take a moment to say that you guys have done a great job so far this offseason. You've got to be excited about this coming season!!
thanks man...now go and make a trade....i want the isles to at least make 1 or 2 games against the rangers intresting...just kidding ...good luck and thank you

peanutbuttacallytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Thanks! Good luck to your guys too.

I know it's been a bad off-season so far for the Islanders....ok, a horrible one..but there's something about DiPietro that scares me..he just steps it up against the Rangers. And the rest of the team always gets up for those games too - you are going to give us more trouble this season.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:37 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
I had nothing to do with either signing, but I accept your congratulations anyway.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:40 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fes View Post
Thanks for your words. Its refreshing to hear them from a rival. I am excited about our season and cant wait for it.
I wish you guys luck in getting your team in order. Growing up as a Ranger fan in LI, I know there is nothing better than fierce Ranger/Islander games.
I know what its like to have the leaders of your organization being completely incompetent. Suffered through several years of the Bufoon from Banffand his idiot benefactors, the Dolans. Thankfully our ship appears to have been righted and I wish you guys the same success. A Ranger/Islander playoff series = amazing hockey.
fes, I'll take you a step beyond... the Isles right now remind me of the Rangers in the early to mid 80s. As such, I have much empathy. I really hope things work out for your prospects and our rivalry revives. Have a great Fourth, my well respected enemy!

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2007, 11:47 PM
IslesFanInAlabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR94 View Post
I had nothing to do with either signing, but I accept your congratulations anyway.
That's funny Hope you all enjoy your fourth of July!!!

Old
07-03-2007, 11:53 PM
fes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
fes, I'll take you a step beyond... the Isles right now remind me of the Rangers in the early to mid 80s. As such, I have much empathy. I really hope things work out for your prospects and our rivalry revives. Have a great Fourth, my well respected enemy!

Been there with you Brooklyn. Larouche being sent to the monors, Espo firing Bergeron right before the playoffs. There were a lot of *** moments in that decade!!

fes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:14 AM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
I hope you mean 00's because those Rangers teams were for the most part pretty good...

The way the islanders look right now they might be the worst team in the East...Now things can and will probably change but those Rangers teams weren't challanging for the 1st overall pick...Which is what the Islanders roster looks like RIGHT NOW...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

EXACTLY, fes - you know what I'm talking about. SoS, I think you're remembering the hope that came back into the team in '89 and thereafter, but aren't being completely accurate in evaluating how the team evolved in those years - we had some fun in the late 80s, but until Messier' acquistion, there wasn't even an idea of winning the Cup.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 12:45 AM
dank

stupid 7-4 game.. stupid Islanders..

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:38 AM
Pizza

Quote:

Now there is true class from an Islander fan. Thank you very much. I really appreciate you being so gracious.

Pizza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:00 AM
Cherepanov 71

One can only hope that the Islanders will be a good team in the future, nothing is as good as a Islander-Ranger game.....except the cup...hehehe

Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:05 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Are u guys gonna resign Asham??? If not Id love him on the Rangers. He is a engergy guy.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:59 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Send a message via AIM to Rangers_23 Send a message via MSN to Rangers_23
Thanks for the kind words Isle Fan. The Isles should be an interesting team this year, alot of talent to replace, Garth Snow's first chance to pull a rabbit (or two or three) out of the hat.

Rangers_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 03:06 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
lmfao @ that avvy 23

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 03:11 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Also just curious about how you came to be an Isles fan in Alabama? Transplanted from NY?

Being a Rangers fan in Texas I'm always interested to hear about other "non-local" fans.

Old
07-04-2007, 03:12 AM
Rangers_23
Beuke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
lmfao @ that avvy 23
Thanks, its not as good as the rest but I was away from the boards until today so I missed out on all the good ideas like yours and that sweet Ted DiBiase one that Alfie is rockin'.

Old
07-04-2007, 05:09 AM
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun

Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post
Also just curious about how you came to be an Isles fan in Alabama? Transplanted from NY?

Being a Rangers fan in Texas I'm always interested to hear about other "non-local" fans.
Hey, Im a Rangers fan in TX... so, that makes at least 4 of us that I know about.

Me, my uncle, Bonzai, and you.

hooray.

/I hate this place. [TX]
//sorry for the threadjack.
///commence as regularly scheduled.
////slashies stolen from fark.com

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:39 PM
IslesFanInAlabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers_23 View Post

I grew up on Long Island (Melville) and after I graduated from college in Florida I moved to Alabama along with a few friends. Miss NY but don't miss the cost of living and traffic.