HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Zubrus vs. Gomez ?

Old
07-04-2007, 02:18 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
There is no real comparison to be made here. It is foolish. Gomez is a PLAY MAKER. He is not a goal scorer. We have wingers in our system that need to have player like Gomez dishing them the biscuit. Zubrus is a 3rd line, maybe 2nd line player. He added size to a small forward contingent.

The NYRs had zero need for a player like Zubrus. We have very similar players coming up through our own ranks.

In fact one could argue that NJ just added another very similar players as in RUPP, RASMUSSEN, WIEMER. Not a player maker amongst them. NJ may change their style upfront. The key will be the substraction of Gomez from their PP.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:20 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Gomez is not a 7mill per year player, he is to me 3-3.5 mill per no mroe maybe 4 all depending. I would have take Zbrus for 3 years at 3.5 over Gomez at 7 mill for 6. I dont like the deal, but think Gomez will be a very productive player, not Jagr type productive, but will have a 70 point season.

Either way , i would have taken Zubrus for lesser and cheaper.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:27 PM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Gomez is the better player than Zubrus, I'd say playing next to Jagr next year he could over 50 assists.
Sather will slit his wrists if Gomez can only muster 50 assists playing along side Jagr. I would think 70 is attainable and 60 would be a fair minimum.

Sam I Am is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 02:55 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Sather will slit his wrists if Gomez can only muster 50 assists playing along side Jagr. I would think 70 is attainable and 60 would be a fair minimum.
I would be very surprised if Gomez picked up 70 assists with Jagr. Shocked, in fact.

Gomez is very good, but don't overestimate his abilities. He's never gotten 60 assists in his career, and that includes years the Devils were #1 or #2 in the NHL in scoring.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 03:02 PM
nyr7andcounting

Gomez is better than Zubrus, but there's a legit point that's made... for half the price, Zubrus will be close to as effective. Very good signing by the Devs.

In my opinion, Zubrus was the best Sabre in our series against Buffalo this past season. He's got great size, good speed... if he played with Jagr they'd dominate down low. Zubrus-Straka-Jagr would have been a very good line.

nyr7andcounting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEIV View Post
And you'd expect his totals to Drop significantly playing with people like Elias and Gionta that are smarter more seasoned players than he's every played with before?
Ovechkin is a much better player than Elias or Gionta. Easily.

Levitate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 04:41 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Wait, we're seriously debating a mostly career 3rd liner against a top line center?

Man alive. :

Zubrus is a nice role player. That's it. He MIGHT get you 50 or so points if he's surrounded by elite players.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:26 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
I would be very surprised if Gomez picked up 70 assists with Jagr. Shocked, in fact.

Gomez is very good, but don't overestimate his abilities. He's never gotten 60 assists in his career, and that includes years the Devils were #1 or #2 in the NHL in scoring.

admittedly, that's the real(and only) gamble i see for the rangers.

the expectation is that the best is yet to come for gomez in regards to his performance. i know i'm expecting to see the best of him.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote