HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Trade Lampman to Bolts

Old
07-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
One year ago this month i called for Fritz to be added to this organization and people laughed at me. Sather loves taking Tampa bay goons
Barnaby
Friedrich

Fritz will be in training camp and fight and will be in Hartford as insurance when we are playing the Flyers and Islanders. Fritz is terrible skater but throws bombs.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:20 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
Here's mitch fighting Colton orr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAU7ekdVvg0
Hahahahaha! The best part of the video is the mascot hopping up and down in the background.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:40 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha25Graves988 View Post
If he played D that would be even worrse, who the hell wants a defensman that can not skate. So basically that comment makes no sense what so ever.
well the Rangers and Pack had Purinton. So we have a goon on d who sux in Purinton and a crappy AHL player. id rather taken a 7th round and ECHL player. The draft pick would have been better.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:44 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
well the Rangers and Pack had Purinton. So we have a goon on d who sux in Purinton and a crappy AHL player. id rather taken a 7th round and ECHL player. The draft pick would have been better.
has it occured to you that Tampa may prefer a 7th rounder too?

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:51 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
How do you know for sure that Tampa was offering a 7th round pick?

The Rangers just pulled a classic Jort sort of trade....They traded Lampman (one of your usual throw ins) for somebody elses garbage...(although Fritz may push Hollweg and Orr for all I know)

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 05:57 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

The Bolts wanted Lampman for a reason. I doubt Sather trades a player with potential to play in the NHL for an AHL goon who wont play in the NHL. Oh wait Sather did trade an NHL player for an AHL depth player before so anything is possible. I dont like this deal.
Mitch Fritz is another RFA we have to sign. Can we sign an RFA to an AHL contract??

Old
07-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
The Bolts wanted Lampman for a reason. I doubt Sather trades a player with potential to play in the NHL for an AHL goon who wont play in the NHL. Oh wait Sather did trade an NHL player for an AHL depth player before so anything is possible. I dont like this deal.
The Bolts wanted lampman for depth...he could still play in finland this season right? Sather just traded a guy with zero value to the Rangers....Who had no place to play in the organization for a guy that...Had zero value to the Bolts....Had no place to play in Tampa...

This is a minor league trade swap right?

Stop turning it into Lampman is an established NHL player and Fritz is a minor leaguer...They are both AHL players...

Ok....what established NHL player did Sather trade for an AHL depth player??

Old
07-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

[QUOTE=RCallahan43;9807768]The Bolts wanted Lampman for a reason. I doubt Sather trades a player with potential to play in the NHL for an AHL goon who wont play in the NHL. Oh wait Sather did trade an NHL player for an AHL depth player before so anything is possible. I dont like this deal.
Mitch Fritz is another RFA we have to sign. Can we sign an RFA to an AHL contract??[/QUOTE]

or you could sign Fritz to a two way contract....Are the Rangers even close to the 50 contract max??

Old
07-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
Good move.

Lampman has no chance at cracking the Rangers line up and with him being 24, it was a good heart move by sather to give Lampman a chance at cracking another team.

Also opens up the door for Sather to deal Orr or Hollwood if anything comes up or if one of them gets injured.

Another good move by Sather. He's really impressed me the past few seasons. This is the man I thought we were getting when he signed with us.
Sather didn't do this out of the kindness of his heart--Lampman, by signing in Finland and making it clear that he wasn't going to be stuck in Hartford again, forced his hand.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
He played 63 games last year and got an assist!
thats hollweg status right there

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:13 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Mitch Fritz is another RFA we have to sign. Can we sign an RFA to an AHL contract??
There's no guarantee that Lampman will even sign with Tampa Bay. He's already signed a contract to play in Finland, Tampa Bay is going to have make it worth his while (probably with a one-way contract) to entice him to sign with them.

Old
07-04-2007, 06:26 PM
eco's bones

A 6'8" goon who can't skate. Makes Orr look like Yvan Cournoyer. The reincarnation of Steve McKenna. I knew we were missing something.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:29 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
The Bolts wanted lampman for depth...he could still play in finland this season right? Sather just traded a guy with zero value to the Rangers....Who had no place to play in the organization for a guy that...Had zero value to the Bolts....Had no place to play in Tampa...

This is a minor league trade swap right?

Stop turning it into Lampman is an established NHL player and Fritz is a minor leaguer...They are both AHL players...

Ok....what established NHL player did Sather trade for an AHL depth player??
Jamie Lundmark for Martin Sonnenberg.

Old
07-04-2007, 06:36 PM
NYR957
Hagelin's pumped.

Quote:
Yeah he was a huge loss.

NYR957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:39 PM
suse2166

The Two centers the Rangers sign Scott Gomez & Chris Drury are under 6ft tall (Gomez is 5ft 11inches & Drury is 5Ft 10inches) and I expect the Rangers center to get pounder by bigger center in the League ....

By gettting left wing Mitch Fritz - Sather get a goons that could off set that or protect the Rangers center ... Maybe Fritz will start in the minor but he won't be there for long ...

He will be MSG to protect the Rangers Centers (Gomez, Drury & Cullen) and Jagr ... .

Shanahan will mix it up sometime to make a statement to the team but that is not his job to mix it up .....

Thats Rangers Goons (Fritz) job ...

suse2166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:40 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Flyline, the Wolf Pack have already resigned Francis Lessard.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:46 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse2166 View Post
The Two centers the Rangers sign Scott Gomez & Chris Drury are under 6ft tall (Gomez is 5ft 11inches & Drury is 5Ft 10inches) and I expect the Rangers center to get pounder by bigger center in the League ....

By gettting left wing Mitch Fritz - Sather get a goons that could off set that or protect the Rangers center ... Maybe Fritz will start in the minor but he won't be there for long ...

He will be MSG to protect the Rangers Centers (Gomez, Drury & Cullen) and Jagr ... .

Shanahan will mix it up sometime to make a statement to the team but that is not his job to mix it up .....

I doubt he plays in the NHL, at least Lessard can and have played in the NHL with the Thrashers, but is signed to an AHL contract.

Old
07-04-2007, 06:49 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

goons have been phased out of the NHL....unless they can play, they will not be given a roster spot.....from what I hear all this guy can do is fight.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 06:56 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
goons have been phased out of the NHL....unless they can play, they will not be given a roster spot.....from what I hear all this guy can do is fight.
and im shocked this is all we can get for depth dman. I would have taken a 7th round pick in 2009.

Old
07-04-2007, 06:57 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:

you got me...

Lundmark was traded for Taffe btw...At the time of the trade Taffe played 37 less NHL games..

Try again...

Try using an example that actually fit your original complaint....

Old
07-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
and im shocked this is all we can get for depth dman. I would have taken a 7th round pick in 2009.
What Jort would take in a trade....What Sather would take in a trade?? hmm...this has got to be a tough one for most people but I'll side with Sather on judging fair value...

The Rangers werent getting a draft pick for Lampman....exit and save your EHM game and come back to reality...

Old
07-04-2007, 07:05 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Once again, you overlook the probablity that no one was willing to offer a 7th round pick for a player who's already signed in Europe. Be happy that Sather got a warm body for Hartford.

Old
07-04-2007, 07:07 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 07:08 PM
Richter35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
you got me...

Lundmark was traded for Taffe btw...At the time of the trade Taffe played 37 less NHL games..

Try again...

Try using an example that actually fit your original complaint....
....then taffe was traded back to phx for sonnenberg. Hence, lundmark for sonnenberg.

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 07:16 PM
eco's bones

Quote:

This guy sounds like he's almost as far away from the NHL as I am.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote