HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Trade Lampman to Bolts

Old
07-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
SOS you are looking like your on the right track. Sather may have made this trade to clear a contract and with Fritz being a RFA we might just let him walk and open a spot.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 07:36 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richter35 View Post
....then taffe was traded back to phx for sonnenberg. Hence, lundmark for sonnenberg.
It's two diffrent trades though...

If this is the best JORT can come up with then....welll...I shouldn't say what I want to say...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 07:59 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Barank's real issue is health. Every time he strings together some games and really starts moving forward he gets hurt. Then his momentumn is off and it takes him a while to get into a groove again. That's what has really hurt him the last two seasons. This is a big season for him IMO.
sounds just like Lampman. If i recall, he was looking like he was gonna break in as a 6th dman a few years ago (before we had Staal, Sauer, Sanguinetti) and then last season he had a serious knee injury or something (only 11 games played).

I'm quite enthusiastic about

Staal-Sanguinetti
Girardi-Tyutin
Sauer-Pock (will he stick around?)

as the future 6. Hopefully they all turn out good and we won't have to make any trades or sign UFAs but i'd be naive to thing that that wouldn't happen.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 08:03 PM
WolfPackFan07

Quote:
Originally Posted by suse2166 View Post
Maybe Fritz will start in the minor but he won't be there for long ...
The only way Fritz makes it to MSG is the same way you and I do, by purchasing a ticket.

WolfPackFan07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
SOS you are looking like your on the right track. Sather may have made this trade to clear a contract and with Fritz being a RFA we might just let him walk and open a spot.
Lampman is a RFA too

Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 08:05 PM
NYReign

http://hockeyrodent.com/R1618.HTM

It wouldn't shock me to see this kid dress in preseason games like the one Rodent describes there for the very reasons that the Rodent is against those games.

Although if you search "Mitch Fritz" on YouTube, there is one fight in which he destroys Matt Barnaby (sorry if that was posted already, I didn't go through the whole thread).

NYReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 08:15 PM
Gags1288

BTW, the Flyers are in a market for a heavyweight and have reportedly targeted Boogaard. Now I don't know if Minnesota is going to be willing to move him, but this could be a pre-emptive move to bolster the Rangers toughness in the arms race that seems to be currently going on between these two teams.

I don't expect the Flyers to be great out of the gates, but after some time to come together and hopefully with the addition of Peter the great in December/January, we could see some all out battles between these two clubs.

If EVERYTHING goes right (the Flyers obviously need quite a bit more to go right), I'd absolutely love to see the Flyers and Rangers go at it in the Conference Finals with the type of toughness and ability these teams might have by that time.

Gags1288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 09:54 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gags1288 View Post
BTW, the Flyers are in a market for a heavyweight and have reportedly targeted Boogaard. Now I don't know if Minnesota is going to be willing to move him, but this could be a pre-emptive move to bolster the Rangers toughness in the arms race that seems to be currently going on between these two teams.

I don't expect the Flyers to be great out of the gates, but after some time to come together and hopefully with the addition of Peter the great in December/January, we could see some all out battles between these two clubs.

If EVERYTHING goes right (the Flyers obviously need quite a bit more to go right), I'd absolutely love to see the Flyers and Rangers go at it in the Conference Finals with the type of toughness and ability these teams might have by that time.
Personally if you're a Flyer fan you would just want your team to be as injury free as possible and just get into the playoffs and not worry so much about who you're playing. Dressing talentless goons and expecting them to have an impact in the playoffs is a pretty far fetched concept to me. This fear factor stuff is pathetic. I don't mind players like Chris Neil who can fight, play physical and really play but having guys around just to punch other guys in the head may be necessary at times but is in truth ridiculous. Fights are fine. Better knowing that your fighter can play. So if Downie is really a good fighter--great for you. I'm hoping our Brodie Dupont will be the same for us. These are real hockey players--not just clowns.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
ap215

6'8 wow huge guy i hope he does well for us.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 11:38 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by suse2166 View Post
The Two centers the Rangers sign Scott Gomez & Chris Drury are under 6ft tall (Gomez is 5ft 11inches & Drury is 5Ft 10inches) and I expect the Rangers center to get pounder by bigger center in the League ....

By gettting left wing Mitch Fritz - Sather get a goons that could off set that or protect the Rangers center ... Maybe Fritz will start in the minor but he won't be there for long ...

He will be MSG to protect the Rangers Centers (Gomez, Drury & Cullen) and Jagr ... .

Shanahan will mix it up sometime to make a statement to the team but that is not his job to mix it up .....

Thats Rangers Goons (Fritz) job ...
Avery, Hollweg and Orr are more than capable of dropping the gloves to protect our centers. Additionally, Cally and Shanny will throw down if need be. There is no way Fritz makes the team barring injuries to Orr and Hollweg. There are also players in the AHL (think Dane Byers) that have oodles more talent and are just as willing to fight.

Also, you need to get over this "our centers will get pounded by larger centers" thing. Gomez and Drury are pretty tough guys and can handle themselves against larger, more physical players.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 11:47 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Avery, Hollweg and Orr are more than capable of dropping the gloves to protect our centers. Additionally, Cally and Shanny will throw down if need be. There is no way Fritz makes the team barring injuries to Orr and Hollweg. There are also players in the AHL (think Dane Byers) that have oodles more talent and are just as willing to fight.

Also, you need to get over this "our centers will get pounded by larger centers" thing. Gomez and Drury are pretty tough guys and can handle themselves against larger, more physical players.
and not only that Gomez is quick as well. Speaking of Gomez, if the Rangers play the Devils in preseason, will Gomez play if they are in Jersey??? And in the Reg season will the Devils fans boo him???

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 02:24 PM
Kendo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
and not only that Gomez is quick as well. Speaking of Gomez, if the Rangers play the Devils in preseason, will Gomez play if they are in Jersey??? And in the Reg season will the Devils fans boo him???
Maybe Not. Yes.

Rangers Trade Lampman to Bolts.

Kendo is offline   Reply With Quote