Old
07-04-2007, 01:40 AM
eartotheground
steam powered gmjn

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to eartotheground
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLU View Post
If he get $5 million, it's in the first year of a front-loaded deal.
As long as the term's short enough, I'm okay with a higher mark. He's proven he can score in this league, and with different teams. Great bridge to our youth.

eartotheground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:41 AM
Stars-Preds

Sounds like it's us and Toronto in the running for Kozlov. An annoucement could be made sometime tomorrow. Hopefully we are able to sign him.

Stars-Preds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 04:11 AM
jdmcrae

I got no problem with Kozlov, I think he would compliment the Stars well. A great guy for the PP which will greatly help especially after watching the horrid PP in the playoffs. 4+ million seems really high, but as has been said, it would have to be frontloaded and prolly 3-4 years.

Alot of people have been bashing Allison, but if you can sign him cheap, he could be great. If he is healthy again, he could be almost a point a game guy. He's always been pretty consistent throughout his career, he just can't stay healthy and I can see Dallas taking a flyer on him like they did with Lindros last season

jdmcrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 04:46 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcrae View Post
I got no problem with Kozlov, I think he would compliment the Stars well. A great guy for the PP which will greatly help especially after watching the horrid PP in the playoffs. 4+ million seems really high, but as has been said, it would have to be frontloaded and prolly 3-4 years.
sorry, but who cares if it is frontloaded ? He's already 35 years old, so if the retires after 1 or 2 season, we still have his full cap hit for another 3 or 2 years.

if it's longer than 2 years and more than 4 it's a big big mistake. I really hope now he signs with Altanta/Toronto

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 08:47 AM
Mo9

What's our Cap Space look like?

Mo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Sixxleaf

Kozlov would be a good fit for the stars but only if he came on a one or two year deal. Allison is very slow.

Sixxleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Stars-Preds

Well we continue to do nothing: Kozlov re-signs with the Thrashers. What in the world are we going to do? Everyone is signed ...

Old
07-04-2007, 12:13 PM
dallas stars 1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stars-Preds View Post
Well we continue to do nothing: Kozlov re-signs with the Thrashers. What in the world are we going to do? Everyone is signed ...
Totally agree with you. Once again Dallas does nothing while the last good ufa goes to someone else. If this is going to be our team for next year, we don't have to worry about the playoffs. I guess Lindros and Stefan will have to do. That's if we can sign them. I know what some of you will say, that Modano, Morrow, Zubov, and Lehtinen will get us to the playoffs, but since 1999/2000 no team of ours has even been close to winning the cup.

dallas stars 1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:04 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas stars 1999 View Post
Totally agree with you. Once again Dallas does nothing while the last good ufa goes to someone else. If this is going to be our team for next year, we don't have to worry about the playoffs. I guess Lindros and Stefan will have to do. That's if we can sign them. I know what some of you will say, that Modano, Morrow, Zubov, and Lehtinen will get us to the playoffs, but since 1999/2000 no team of ours has even been close to winning the cup.
Lindros and Stefan obviously are not the answer. I have no problem giving any combination of Eriksson, Lessard, Pushkarev, Lindgren, Conner, Sertich, Holtet and Polak some playing time up front. Lindros and Stefan are gone. Their return isn't even being considered, and I'm sure they are aware of that.

Having said that, bringing in some proven offense via the UFA market would have been welcomed by many Stars fans I'm sure, provided it was for the right price. But are the playoffs out of reach now that all the big fish are pretty much gone? Of course not. This team, when healthy, is good. Very good. We could have been better with the addition of Kozlov, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Dallasman

Quote:
How is offering the guy a contract nothing? He obviously wanted to go back to Atlanta. Yeah, it sucks that we didn't sign him but at least he came and saw what Dallas was all about and we made an effort. Can't fault Armstrong for at least making the effort on this one. In the end, familiarity in a city and with a team won out over perhaps more money.

Dallasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:26 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
Quote:
Even if the Stars added a 100 goal scorer they wouldn't win the Cup next year. It's best to get the younger players experience and go from there.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:30 PM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
Even if the Stars added a 100 goal scorer they wouldn't win the Cup next year. It's best to get the younger players experience and go from there.
No, but at least we'd be in the record books.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Chad_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
No, but at least we'd be in the record books.
That assumes a 100 goal scorer could produce any where near that in Dallas. My guess is if such a prolific scorer came to Dallas, he'd net 30.

Chad_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 12:18 AM
Stars-Preds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ________ View Post
I actually agree with you. It is past time for the Stars to go with young players and rebuild this team. The problem is the front office can't decide what direction to go. If you are going to keep your older, core players (Modano, Zubov, Lehtinen, etc.) and trade your first round picks for two years in a row then you absolutely need to fill an obvious weakness (goal scoring).

I have no problem with the Stars going with young players. And I have high hopes for Eriksson, Neal, Grossman, and others. But the organization needs to decide if its going to go with youth or go for the Cup.

If we aren't careful the Dallas Stars will turn into the Texas Rangers where the team can't decide either way and ends up simply mediocore year in and out.

Old
07-05-2007, 12:38 AM
piqued
Global Moderator
shift

vCash: 27750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo9 View Post
What's our Cap Space look like?
I'm not entirely sure, but I think we have around $6M left... and that's before Jokinen & Ribeiro's arb. awards or whatever.

piqued is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 05:02 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by piqued1457 View Post
I'm not entirely sure, but I think we have around $6M left... and that's before Jokinen & Ribeiro's arb. awards or whatever.
we're slightly over 40 milion (40.2 or 40.3) without the RFAs
players considered: Turco, Smith - Boucher, Zubov, Norstrom, Daley, Robidas, Grossman, Baumgartner - Modano, Lehtinen, Morrow, Barnes, Halpern, Eriksson, Ott, Hagman, Barch

2 goalies, 7 dmen, 9 forwards
RFAs who should make the team: Ribeiro, Jokinen, Lundquvist, Miettinen.
and if maybe Lessard gets a shot we'd be already on 23 players. Even without Lessard i guess somebody (Miettinen, Ott ?) would have to go if we sign someone

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote