Notices

Brzgalov

Old
06-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Randall Graves*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealsupra View Post
i could definitely understand the ducks not wanting to deal bo if neids retires...however if he DOESNT....then it would get them two very solid D prospects and IMO smaby will be BETTER then bo in the long run. like i said it really depends on the needs AND the situation of anaheim.

as a tampa fan id like to see maybe a high 3rd line or low 2nd lower fwd come with bryz as well... and in return we add in another pick or prospect (AGAIN situation determined)

i hate the waiting game... wildcat if you get any updates on this please post them up

if we got bryz and could deal denis to someone even for just a high draft pick.... i think it would put the TBL in a MUCH better situation and would improve them as well.

for the record anaheim is my western conference team (2nd only to the lightning) so needless to say trading between the two is fine with me cause i still can enjoy the players going to anaheim.

oh and a late congrats on the cup from a tbl fan.
Even if he doesn't, no way Beauchemin goes anywhere unless we get a completely lopsided deal in our favor.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Alb Tkachuk

Why should Burke change a running system by trading away young, good players like Beauchemin or Penner for a handful prospects, picks and depth-guys?

Alb Tkachuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 05:47 PM
wildcat48
HFB Partner

This was paraphrasing Burke the other day by a poster @ AD.

Quote:
Burke can't see a way to maintain excellence in a salary cap system. You're going to pay the good money for the elite players, and then just hope that your prospects, young un's and role players can come through. We should see a few good years for the Ducks, but then with salaries increasing and exceeding the cap, you're going to see players like Getzy leaving. You may be able to keep one, but the other's going to walk. He referenced the NFL and how you see a team win a championship, and then just plummet afterwards as they rebuild under the cap system. Unless you can get a steady stream of productive prospects coming through the system, you're going to see the sawtooth effect. He sure hopes he's not the one that will be tearing down and rebuilding in a few years.

wildcat48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 06:11 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alb Tkachuk View Post
Why should Burke change a running system by trading away young, good players like Beauchemin or Penner for a handful prospects, picks and depth-guys?
Analysis of the Bryz + Penner for Toivonen Lashoff and 1st round 08
Lashoff is no depth guy. He's going to be a top-4 dman
Toivonen will be a solid backup/journeyman #1 at some point in his career I think working with Allaire would do him well.
A first rounder in 08 from the Bs would more than likely result in a top-15 pick and looking at the top-15 of next years draft, we would get an incredible player. I'm talking someone who would have gone top-3 in this years' draft more than likely.
Penner is good and I love him, but he still hasn't found his "A" game all the time at the NHL level and will be expensive soon(starting next year). If the Ducks can't sign him to a 5-6-7 year deal he'll be REALLY expensive REALLY soon and as Burke said you can't keep all your good young players.
Bryzgalov is already off the team as far as I'm concerned and really isn't necessary for the Ducks' success as a team. Therefore I think we get a GREAT return in that trade and would do it in an instant despite the bashing I would receive as GM. We can slide May in with Perry and Getzlaf, free up lots of cap space, get good young players who can step right in(Toivonen and Lashoff) and prolly pick up another great young player who can step in in 2-3 years(2008 draft).

luckoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 06:23 PM
Idealsupra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat48 View Post
This was paraphrasing Burke the other day by a poster @ AD.

yep OR you overpay (see brad richards) to keep your elite players from going on the ufa market and then sacrifice your depth because of it and be a mediocre team rather then elite or basement.

tbl are the first to experience this in the cap era.... buffalo is going through it this year....and im certain there are many others that will soon as well...if not this year.

Idealsupra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckoftheduck View Post
Penner is good and I love him, but he still hasn't found his "A" game all the time at the NHL level and will be expensive soon(starting next year). If the Ducks can't sign him to a 5-6-7 year deal he'll be REALLY expensive REALLY soon and as Burke said you can't keep all your good young players.
If we're seeing his B game, there is no way you trade him now. Jeez, when he does reach his potential he'll be an incredible player. An absolute beast.

Quote:
We can slide May in with Perry and Getzlaf
You can't be serious.

I don't see what all the worry about cap space 2 years from now is. When the Niedermayers, Pronger, and Marchant all come off the books we'll have nothing but cap space.

Beauchemin, Getzlaf, Penner, and Perry are the future. Trading one now because "some day" their contracts will be large is idiotic.

Hank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:32 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Beauchemin, Getzlaf, Penner, and Perry are the future. Trading one now because "some day" their contracts will be large is idiotic.
But surely Pittsburgh should trade Staal now before they get into cap trouble? And all they should expect back is some other team's albatross that will expire by the time Crosby's up for renewal!

snarktacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2007, 08:36 PM
luckoftheduck

Hey guys,
I know we all like to think we could be NHL GMs but the fact is none of us have the talent and wit to do it....so why don't we lay off other peoples' ideas especially when they aren't bad ones, especially since I used the Burke quote as evidence. Teams must continue to stay young and that's what that trade does for us. I am in no way saying trade Beauch because his salary won't jump as much. Penner's will quadruple at least maybe even more and that affects the cap an immense amount. He will be an absolute beast, who at best can probably put up 40 goals and like 30 assists. That's great, but I bet that 2008 first rounder would be able to do more than that AND he's under cheap contract for another couple of years. Sliding May with Perry and Getzlaf isn't a horrible idea at all. You're dissing Coach Carlyle if you think it's so horrible. We lose a little something on the Perry and Getzlaf line...we gain a good bottom pair d-man who is young and will develop into a top-4 by the time OD is gone and will still be cheap then AND we get a young goalie who we don't need to play right now like the Bruins tried to do.

Old
06-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Pwnasaurus

Cap space wins championships

Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 04:32 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
Cap space wins championships
Making this trade wouldn't prevent us from winning championships.

Old
06-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Analysis of the Bryz + Penner for Toivonen Lashoff and 1st round 08
Lashoff is no depth guy. He's going to be a top-4 dman
Toivonen will be a solid backup/journeyman #1 at some point in his career I think working with Allaire would do him well.
A first rounder in 08 from the Bs would more than likely result in a top-15 pick and looking at the top-15 of next years draft, we would get an incredible player. I'm talking someone who would have gone top-3 in this years' draft more than likely.
Bryzgalov is already off the team as far as I'm concerned and really isn't necessary for the Ducks' success as a team. Therefore I think we get a GREAT return in that trade and would do it in an instant despite the bashing I would receive as GM. We can slide May in with Perry and Getzlaf, free up lots of cap space, get good young players who can step right in(Toivonen and Lashoff) and prolly pick up another great young player who can step in in 2-3 years(2008 draft).
Will be, maybe, gonna be. We're a contender now. We don't need to trade for futures. We can afford everyone we have.

Cap space doesn't win cups as pwn said, and neither does youth.

Spankatola Jamnuts* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2007, 07:54 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bright Side View Post
Will be, maybe, gonna be. We're a contender now. We don't need to trade for futures. We can afford everyone we have.

Cap space doesn't win cups as pwn said, and neither does youth.
As I just said...we can STILL win championships in addition to doing this trade....and I hate to tell you but if we win the next 3 silver things(knock on wood) then we will suck for the next 5 years or so after that...Burke has stated this many times. Anyone can win the cup when you have at least a decent team. If we don't stay young we don't stay decent. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with not doing this trade, but I think we rip Boston off in this trade.
In addition: I'm getting a lot of bashing for this just like I predicted the GM who would make this trade would....same as the Beauchemin trade trust me.

Old
06-28-2007, 08:45 PM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
As I just said...we can STILL win championships in addition to doing this trade....and I hate to tell you but if we win the next 3 silver things(knock on wood) then we will suck for the next 5 years or so after that
So deal with it as you need to, not in anticipation of. The real key is good drafting, development, and free agent signing. Not hoarding cap space when you don't need it.

Quote:
In addition: I'm getting a lot of bashing for this just like I predicted the GM who would make this trade would....same as the Beauchemin trade trust me.
Nail yourself to a cross all you like, but if you can't take people disagreeing with you, you should just delete your account right now.

Old
06-28-2007, 09:49 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
So deal with it as you need to, not in anticipation of. The real key is good drafting, development, and free agent signing. Not hoarding cap space when you don't need it.

Nail yourself to a cross all you like, but if you can't take people disagreeing with you, you should just delete your account right now.
Oh don't worry about me dad I know I'm right....dealing with it as you need to leads to horrible rash decisions.

Old
06-28-2007, 09:57 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Not to mention that on here you can be 100% right, with no other rational argument possible, but some people will still disagree.

Old
06-28-2007, 10:55 PM
mmbt
Cheeky Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Not to mention that on here you can be 100% right, with no other rational argument possible, but some people will still disagree.
No they won't. You have no idea what you're talking about.

mmbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 12:11 AM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbt View Post
No they won't. You have no idea what you're talking about.
Psh. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that you're wrong.

Old
06-29-2007, 12:29 AM
Spankatola Jamnuts*

Quote:
Oh don't worry about me dad I know I'm right....dealing with it as you need to leads to horrible rash decisions.
Oh, you know you're right? Well why didn't you say so?

Old
06-29-2007, 12:31 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by obobo23 View Post
Psh. Anyone who knows anything about hockey knows that you're wrong.
Do you even watch hockey?

lux_interior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 12:31 AM
iLau
Always Mighty

You are all wrong. Burke is right.

Burke > us.

iLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 12:47 AM
lux_interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLau View Post
You are all wrong. Burke is right.

Burke > us.
No way. Burke is not better than the US.

Old
06-29-2007, 01:08 AM
lux_interior

What's shocking to me is that there were two threads like this, and both butchered the goalie's name.

Old
06-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Pepper

Quote:
On a side note, you have been "stirring up" things in many of the main board threads, especially with Kings and Sharks fans.

We have a reputation of being pretty reasonable fan group (well, Booger excluded), not that it matters to every poster. I kinda would like to keep it that way, it keeps all the trolls etc. away. Well, most of them anyway.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-29-2007, 08:52 AM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
On a side note, you have been "stirring up" things in many of the main board threads, especially with Kings and Sharks fans.

We have a reputation of being pretty reasonable fan group (well, Booger excluded), not that it matters to every poster. I kinda would like to keep it that way, it keeps all the trolls etc. away. Well, most of them anyway.
Sounds good....there'll be rare occassions when that happens but you can check back on that thread and noticed I made friends very quickly again.

Old
07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
Danja

Is there anything that Detroit could reasonably offer that you would trade for Bryz?

Danja is offline   Reply With Quote