HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Network

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 06:22 PM
markov`

vCash: 500
NHL Network

I guess it's a bit off-topic but I didn't know where to post it.

I wanted to know if NHL Network is worth the price. Are they just showing NHL on the Fly each time or there's something else?

Old
03-04-2004, 07:51 PM
PecaFan

For two bucks? Definitely. Even if all they did was On the Fly it would be worth it.

They also run the Legends of Hockey series, lots of classic games, and often repeat the TSN game from earlier that day.

My only criticism is that the ticker disappears during commercials. Drives me nuts, and makes me turn the channel. Dumb move.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:13 PM
markov`

Two bucks per month? Really?

Old
03-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

It's worth it. For a hockey junky like me, who cannot get Center Ice from his cable company (damn you Videotron!), little tidbits of games here and there is like an alcoholic drinking spilled beer in an ashtray. You know it's sick, yet you can't help it.

Plus they do have very good hockey coverage (duh) with regular news and updates and special programs and analysis (ie: a whole week devoted to the history of a Canadian team, a season recap, etc.).

And they also show the replays of games old of a few days. That's great when there's a team you don't get to watch too often because of the association and just want to enjoy yet more hockey on a boring day, even if you already know the outcome.

Of course if you can afford Center Ice, go for it, I'll switch as soon as my annual contract with my cable company runs out so I can get Bell Express Vue and become a TV freak spending around 10 hours a day watching games (slight exageration).

Last edited by Munchausen: 03-04-2004 at 09:18 PM.
Old
03-04-2004, 09:24 PM
markov`

Thanks guys.

My father agreed to order NHL Network and ESPN Classic Canada. Oh yeah!

And CenterIce isn't available on Star Choice, it sucks.

Old
03-04-2004, 09:45 PM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
I had it for a few months...I think I can count the number of times I watched it on my one hand.

I'm a hockey nut...but 99% of the stuff on there isn't all that great.

The only thing I really watched were the classic games...and the NCAA hockey.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Raskolnikov76

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
I had it for a few months...I think I can count the number of times I watched it on my one hand.

I'm a hockey nut...but 99% of the stuff on there isn't all that great.

The only thing I really watched were the classic games...and the NCAA hockey.
Yeah, me too i was a bit dissapointed.
It's just like TSN.

In fact, the only time i really appreciated is when they show classic games in summer.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:22 AM
tytech

It's great for getting the quick score and highlights. The best show is That'sHockey2. It's on everynight but unfortunately the idiots have it on after the very last game. Therefore many night's it's on at 1:30 est in the morning once the kings, ducks or Sharks finish way out on the west coast. If you watch your highlights in the morning you'd love this show alot. They play it over and over again until noon. It's a half hour and has only hockey. I hate the score becasue they'll o a few hockey games and then go off to do som highlights of the other crap sports. TSN is coold but waiitng around for the exact hour of sportcentre sucks. That's hockey two highlights every single game. Even if your team is Columbus and they are playing Pittsburg or some other crap team. During the day there's alot of boring stuff but once and awhile they play classic games but not too old. I haven't seen anything older then early 80. They play memorable milestone games as well. Gretzky all time record for example and most recently Roy's overtime win to get the all time Goalie wins that hopefully Brodeur smashed some day.

All that to say, get it.

Closed Thread