HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Shanahan Thread

Old
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Davisian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I don't doubt you Davisian, but it's still funny to me how people throw random blogs at us as if word from them equates to fact.

There's that, but this guy never states his reports as fact, just what he's hearing.. And its not like he's reporting a "wish list," he even stated that he didn't want Souray or Forsberg, just that his sources said they were talking..

Regardless, if anyone is a fan of the above mentioned teams, bookmark that blog, you'll enjoy it a great deal..

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:11 PM
Nich

all i know is shanny is still listed on our roster on nyr.com......

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:12 PM
Carlos Ranger
Zucc-a-Rella

vCash: 50
Quote:
I don't doubt you Davisian, but it's still funny to me how people throw random blogs at us as if word from them equates to fact.
The question mark in the thread title doesn't present it as fact, and some pretty reliable sources exist in the form of blogs, so no reason to discredit them instantly based on this..

Carlos Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:18 PM
mattymeach31

http://www.nhlnumbers.com/nyr.html

With the numbers on this site, I don't see Shanny, Avery, Hossa and Hank coming back. Prucha just signed for 1.6 so you are closing in on 8 mil with the remaining 4. Avery 2 mil, Hossa, 1 mil, Shanny.... best case scenario 2.5-3 mil. That leaves 2.5-3 for the King. And the way negotiotations have been... you aren't getting a long term deal done unless the contract is bottom heavy (3 mil for the 1st/2nd year then increase to 5 mil after that). And that puts you right at the salary cap with only 21 players signed which means you need one more player at least (Cally probably) and most teams leave 1 mil saved for injuries and call ups... better hope no one sends Hank an offer sheet

mattymeach31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:19 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
The question mark in the thread title doesn't present it as fact, and some pretty reliable sources exist in the form of blogs, so no reason to discredit them instantly based on this..
I missed the question mark, so that's definitely my mistake in criticizing the OP for reporting it as fact. I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just know people get carried away sometimes this time of year.

As far as blogs, I know there are a great deal of them out there that are legitimate sources for news, though I'm generally skeptical of fan blogs. There are exceptions- Matt Cerrone's Mets Blog for example- but by and large I tend to distrust rumors from fan blogs unless I can verify them in something more professional.

Again, I meant no disrespect to the OP. If I could read thread titles properly there'd be no issue .

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Davisian

Quote:
I missed the question mark, so that's definitely my mistake in criticizing the OP for reporting it as fact. I mean no disrespect to anyone, I just know people get carried away sometimes this time of year.

As far as blogs, I know there are a great deal of them out there that are legitimate sources for news, though I'm generally skeptical of fan blogs. There are exceptions- Matt Cerrone's Mets Blog for example- but by and large I tend to distrust rumors from fan blogs unless I can verify them in something more professional.

Again, I meant no disrespect to the OP. If I could read thread titles properly there'd be no issue .

There's just so much out there this time of year for us hockey fans, that its tough to separate the good from the bad..

I just wanted to vouch for this blog from my POV, but I'm not sure that will help or hurt him!

It is a good read all year round..

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Cherepanov 71

Rodent says Shanny signed, but he knows no details.

Last edited by Cherepanov 71: 07-05-2007 at 07:27 PM. Reason: nvm, that looks old
Cherepanov 71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:36 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkRangers View Post
Rodent says Shanny signed, but he knows no details.
could u give me a link to his site? Thanks.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:48 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian View Post
That blog is not fake..

The blogger has a ton of sources and will report what he's hearing just to put it out there.. He's been right MUCH more often than not, and he wasn't the only one reporting about the Souray and Forsberg talks being close, but ultimately the Rangers needed to take care of their RFA's first...

He doesn't claim to be an "insider," he's just a big Rangers, Giants, Yankees, Knicks fan who has a lot of sources in the media.
I didn't want to say this but am glad you did ..... he's got some great scoups particually on Yankees prospects/draftpicks signings that the media is slow to report "in the papers"

I just let everyone take it for what it is....

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
could u give me a link to his site? Thanks.
http://hockeyrodent.com

A quick glance and I didn't see anything, don't feel like digging haha.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2007, 07:51 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Is Avery View Post
thanks for stating that point....I did put that "?" for a reason

I do not try to be someone of "the inside" but know that this guy with the blog is pretty good...just sharing information on possible ranger news.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote