HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Relegated to B division

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Top Corner

vCash: 500
Relegated to B division

Tonights Leaf game looks like a prime example of 2 seperate divisions. The 1st 7 have all made adjustments and look to be stronger. The Isles and the latter group look to see what the draft will hold for them.

Of course It helps to have more than 1 pick in each round to improve chances.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:30 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozbad
Tonights Leaf game looks like a prime example of 2 seperate divisions. The 1st 7 have all made adjustments and look to be stronger. The Isles and the latter group look to see what the draft will hold for them.

Of course It helps to have more than 1 pick in each round to improve chances.
The day after the Isles beat the Sabres 4-2,the board was practically deserted.Someone started a thread asking where the posters were,why we only saw certain ones posting when the team struggled .

Old
03-05-2004, 10:34 AM
jjricco8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
The day after the Isles beat the Sabres 4-2,the board was practically deserted.Someone started a thread asking where the posters were,why we only saw certain ones posting when the team struggled .

Actually, the board was "too busy" when I tried to get on after that game....I still get that message from time to time.

Old
03-05-2004, 12:59 PM
NYIsles1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW
I started the thread and I maintain that stance. Seems like some folks are only here to complain and put down the team because that's all they can contribute. Winning or getting behind the team when they do well is just not part of it for them. Some hate Milbury a lot more than the like the Isles.

Old
03-05-2004, 01:32 PM
Top Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYIsles1
I started the thread and I maintain that stance. Seems like some folks are only here to complain and put down the team because that's all they can contribute. Winning or getting behind the team when they do well is just not part of it for them. Some hate Milbury a lot more than the like the Isles.
Not sure where to start but lets say the post or majority of posts made by me are
on the negative side. The buffalo game I didn't get a chance to see because I was playing hockey myself but was glad see they won. I heard Dipietro stood on his head for the 1st period not sure that something I call positive from an overall team persepctive.

You probably hit it on the head when you refer to my dislike of MM as a major factor
because I was one isles fan who always wanted them to build through the draft and get better as a group to one day be a dynasty or at least legitimate contender.
He destroyed that.

He fast forwarded that with an influx of cash and new ownership but continues
to make moves or not make moves that blow me away. Need toughness, pay high price for Weimer, remove Weimer for nothing etc..

This team took on some high price talent in Yashin & Peca for Marketing purposes first to be legit contender 2nd. They still can't make a legit #1 line still and pushes me to think why is Yashin on the team then. Certainly not to show example to the younger players, we all know the work ethic is spotty though talented.

I guess I feel as long as Milbury is here, he wouldn't know how to build a team if it hit in the face. He doesn't have an idea on talent and never will.

Mind you, for the 1st 3 or 4 years he was here, I thought it was the right move only the finances held him back but now I know he has to go before any good hockey decisions are made.

By the way, I attend all the games when the Isles are in Mtl and I'm not routing
for Mtl either.

There must be many others here who play hockey,Am I the only person who feels
Niinaama is absolutely overrated and should be a #5 or 6 defenseman. His skating
and decisions are questionable.

Old
03-05-2004, 02:29 PM
Moosie

Server too busy

JJR, I just started getting the "Server is too busy. Try later." message when I try to get on this forum. I've seen it maybe 5 times this week. Time for an upgrade.

Closed Thread