HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Seven Reasons Why The Leafs Will Take The East

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 06:54 PM
BlueAndWhite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egil
THAT was my point. The fact that Ottawa has 3 defenders bigger than the Leafs biggest simply helps hammer in the Leafs top 4 is small argument.

Now, you want to respond to MY POINT, or dance around the issue like the TO media?
You're the one doing the foxtrot.

You dismiss Belak because he won't be part of the Leafs d corps which is fine. Yet at the same time you include Volchenkov and Simpson. YOU started the discussion on TOP FOUR. Then you include a player who is currently NOT in your top four and one that looks like he won't play for the Senators come playoff time.

Quite a bit of hyprocrisy.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Egil

Completely ignore anything not related to the top 4 then. I don't care, and my point still stands.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:11 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8
Tampa Bay is the only team who has everything going for them.
No injuries, no questions in goal and no problems scoring. Only 15 man games lost to injury, that's unreal. Having Bulin & Grahame in net has been great for them. Either one can handle the starting position. St. Louis is a candidate for the Hart trophy and Lecalvier is turning it on at the right time. They have nothing to lose. They play strong no matter who they face.
I'd hate to be the one facing them in the first round.
Wow, never thought I'd see the day that a Flyers fan is the only one around here showing any respect, kudos to you.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:17 PM
Nielson81

Send a message via ICQ to Nielson81
Personally I think if we wanted to , anyone could make a list like Trottier did for the Leafs for any one of the 8 playoffs teams in the East.

Unbiased Canadian

Old
03-05-2004, 07:19 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-sentral
You are fooled if you think Tampa has no question marks they are a young, inexperienced club with not that great of a defense. They remind me of the sens a few years ago who were regular season titans but when the playoffs rolled around their stars were neutralized. I see that with Tampa with someone covering St.louis and Lecavalier at all times.
Totally agree. Tampa lacks a true, blue-chip #1 guy on defense, and it will hurt them come playoff time.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:20 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased Canadian
Personally I think if we wanted to , anyone could make a list like Trottier did for the Leafs for any one of the 8 playoffs teams in the East.

Unbiased Canadian
I've stated it over and over again, your nickname is the biggest misnomer on these boards.

You are definitely biased. You've proven it time and time again.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:21 PM
Thalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by swflyers8

Every team has their question marks except TB.

Tampa Bay is the only team who has everything going for them.
No injuries, no questions in goal and no problems scoring. Only 15 man games lost to injury, that's unreal. Having Bulin & Grahame in net has been great for them. Either one can handle the starting position. St. Louis is a candidate for the Hart trophy and Lecalvier is turning it on at the right time. They have nothing to lose. They play strong no matter who they face.
I'd hate to be the one facing them in the first round.
What about their physical ability... they don't seem very physical to me and that's important when you're up against a tough and punishing team like Toronto especially in the playoffs.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:23 PM
Charge_Seven

I agree with most comments, but please...fellow Leafs fans...let's not give other teams fans ammunition to fire at us. No matter what we say, we're wrong in the eyes of some of the other teams fans...if this was a "Seven Reasons why the Sens will win the Cup" thread, with all of the reasons being "Alfie said so", you'd have more support for it than this one will get.

Go Leafs Go.

Old
03-05-2004, 07:31 PM
Charge_Seven

Quote:
Ironic that a flyers fans is questioning our toughness...

As for Tampa, i see them going to the second round but wont be able to win against teams like Ottawa or NJ.
I'd have to argue that the Flyers were physically drained from a Leafs/Philly 7 game series, with as many big hits as there were.

Ottawa proved no more "grit" last season than the season before that, they proved only the ability to beat the #8 seeded team, and the VERY tired, and battered Flyers. Any Flyers fans agree with that? Taking the Devils to 7 was impressive...but beating the Flyers was not too impressive after what they'd gone through.

(I'm not trying to take anything away from the Sens, they went to the conference finals, and played good hockey, but a Flyers/Sens in the first round would have been a much different series than a Flyers/Sens 2nd rounder, I'm not arguing that the Flyers woulda won however, I'm not willing to stick my neck out like that)

Old
03-05-2004, 08:00 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
I'd have to argue that the Flyers were physically drained from a Leafs/Philly 7 game series, with as many big hits as there were.

Ottawa proved no more "grit" last season than the season before that, they proved only the ability to beat the #8 seeded team, and the VERY tired, and battered Flyers. Any Flyers fans agree with that? Taking the Devils to 7 was impressive...but beating the Flyers was not too impressive after what they'd gone through.

(I'm not trying to take anything away from the Sens, they went to the conference finals, and played good hockey, but a Flyers/Sens in the first round would have been a much different series than a Flyers/Sens 2nd rounder, I'm not arguing that the Flyers woulda won however, I'm not willing to stick my neck out like that)
What about the year before that when the sens played the Flyers in the first round in which they thought they would physically manhandle..IMO just because the flyers played a physical series with the leafs should not be a cop out for failure to advance..every series in the playoffs is physical..and plus Hitchcock said himself that the flyers-sens series was more physical than the leafs. Food for thought..

Old
03-05-2004, 08:05 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
What about the year before that when the sens played the Flyers in the first round in which they thought they would physically manhandle..IMO just because the flyers played a physical series with the leafs should not be a cop out for failure to advance..every series in the playoffs is physical..and plus Hitchcock said himself that the flyers-sens series was more physical than the leafs. Food for thought..
Not to mention how many times we heard that the Islanders would eat us alive with their tough brand of hockey.

Old
03-05-2004, 08:19 PM
Verbal Kint*

I'd like to make a quick comment on Eddie's back.

He's had the problem since '96 and has dealt with it every year. He also said for the entire stretch of being injured that if it was the playoffs, he'd be playing, so the situation isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.

Old
03-05-2004, 08:26 PM
BlueAndWhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple_Leafs_Forever
I'd like to make a quick comment on Eddie's back.

He's had the problem since '96 and has dealt with it every year. He also said for the entire stretch of being injured that if it was the playoffs, he'd be playing, so the situation isn't nearly as bad as it's made out to be.
Good point.

I think what Eddie said is that he would ice it (as he has done in previous playoffs) but since it was the regular season and thought the break would be good for him.

Closed Thread