Closed Thread

Old
07-06-2007, 02:28 AM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mind_the_gap View Post
I don't agree. Burke came out and said yea the Schneider signing was related to Nieds...but Bert is an old mate from Vancouver. Why not pick him up, we have the room.

Selanne, imo, is coming back.
We don't have the room, that's the problem. Cap room maybe if Teemu takes a pay cut which he's already done two times. But if Teemu comes back we now will 7 top-6 forwards. The suggestion that Bertuzzi or Penner will play on the fourth line is joke. Dustin is about to be a millionaire and has established himself as a top-6 forward on this team. As has Kunitz, Perry and Getzlaf. Bertuzzi also just signed a deal for 4 mil a year, he ain't playing on the fourth line. We'd be too crowded at forward. It is my belief that Teemu has made it pretty clear, maybe not through actual words, that he has played his last pro hockey game. If Teemu comes back, someone gets traded and that damages the team in the future. As much as I would love to see Teemu back I also don't want to see Getz, Perry, Penner or Kunitz traded (though not that I type this I could see Kunie traded if push comes to shove). Burke wouldn't just blow his wad like that, the man obviously is confident his two best players aren't coming back and he made shrewd moves to fill the void.

I really think it's wishful thinking that so many people think Teemu is coming back, as if any of us know what's going through his head. The man said he wanted to go out on top, you could see the utter relief in his face after Game 5, a major free agent was signed that plays the same position, he's been very mum about the whole thing, he's 37 years old and he's won the Cup finally. Call me crazy but that seems like more evidence that he's retiring than not. I was a little surprised he returned last year. The sooner we assume he's gone, the easier the announcement will be.

Old
07-06-2007, 01:03 PM
bishop12
Ovyously

Well I don't disagree. Those are all great points. But you'd think he'd said by now...I mean when he was hoisting the cup he coulda have hinted at it further..instead we got a vague answer to that retirement question. In fact, his answer led me to believe he was wanting one more season telling everyone how he's having fun..etc.

I guess we'll have to wait and see. But as far as Bert goes, Bert has played like crap lately so don't think the 4th line is out of the question.

Old
07-06-2007, 01:45 PM
TheJoeMan
In Bob We Trust

Quote:
I guess we'll have to wait and see. But as far as Bert goes, Bert has played like crap lately so don't think the 4th line is out of the question.
4 mil is more than you should pay for your entire fourth line.

Old
07-08-2007, 06:37 PM
Sandman33

Teemu should come back and play for a bag of circus peanuts.

Old
07-08-2007, 08:05 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
I don't agree. Burke came out and said yea the Schneider signing was related to Nieds...but Bert is an old mate from Vancouver. Why not pick him up, we have the room.

Selanne, imo, is coming back.
That would be nice, but there's probably like a 5% chance of him returning. Expect to see number 8 in Anaheim next year, but you will have to look up to see it hanging from the ceiling.

Closed Thread