Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Selanne to Philly? (Eklund Rumor)

Old
07-09-2007, 07:13 PM
SamitheGreat

vCash: 500
If Selanne does retire did he have the best season ever for someone retiring? Who can top 40+ goals and 90+ points in their final season?

SamitheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Sandman33

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by markh100 View Post
Leafs/Selanne fan here. He is my all time favorite player as well. It was incredible to finally see him lift the cup this year (my desktop wallpaper)

I'm very glad to hear that it sounds like the Philly rumors are false. I'd like to either see Selanne try to repeat with the Ducks or retire.

After blowing away the all time rookie records with 76 Goals and 132 points, Selanne deserves to have his jersey retired. He played eight seasons with the Ducks, led the team in scoring several times, and helped lead the team the organization to their first Stanley Cup. It's definitely not an automatic, but it would be a classy move by the team.

As for Selanne vs. Kurri - I'd take Selanne by a fair margin. If Selanne played another season and a half, he would pass Kurri's goal and point totals. This would likely happen in 60 fewer games. Additionally, Kurri played the majority of his career during the high scoring 80s, and played on a line with the greatest player in the history of the game for much of that time. Selanne, meanwhile, had to play much of his career through defense first, trap oriented hockey with better goaltenders. If Selanne had a chance to play 5-6 seasons during the high scoring 80s, in the prime of his career with Gretzky as a linemate, he would've had several 150 point seasons.

I couldnt have said it better myself. Well put.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote