HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What Will Happen This Season?

View Poll Results: How Will We Do Next Season?
Will NOT make the playoffs by a few pts 8 6.02%
Will NOT make the playoffs and become a lottery team 6 4.51%
We MAKE the playoffs and get knocked out in first round 9 6.77%
We MAKE the playoffs and get knocked out in conf semis 7 5.26%
We MAKE the playoffs and get knocked out in conf finals 36 27.07%
WE LOSE in the STANLEY CUP FINALS 15 11.28%
WE WIN THE STANLEY CUP! 52 39.10%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
I predict...

the Rangers will play 82 regular season games...

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:10 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
the Rangers will play 82 regular season games...
I'll up you one and predict that they win more of those 82 than they lose.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:06 AM
MadHookUp

I find this thread hysterical! If he has us finishing 5th in the east, I would love to know which 4 teams he expects to finish higher. And I wouldnt even be SLIGHTLY shocked if he picked the Flyers to be one of those 4 teams.

And Inferno did drop the pwnage...

I know the Flyer fans trolling here dont like to deal with logic, but there are some other things that Inferno left out that also would contribute to our team doing better. Look what happened in the East! The Islanders, Devils, and Buffalo took significant hits to their rosters. We should gain quite a few points from these team, and from them dropping in the standings. They took such big hits the Flyers could sneak in the playoffs this year(even though their fans think its a 100% guarantee. I should know, I have lived in Pa for 24 years and I am surrounded by them )

MadHookUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Fletch

You have more cojones than I...

broadway...I can't think of why I wouldn't agree with you with what I currently know...

Old
07-09-2007, 12:07 PM
flyersfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I agree, it's pretty funny the turn out of Flyer and Devil fans here stating the obvious and believing they have hit upon some kind of revelation. Hey, look guys, this is the Rangers board and if we want to be optimistic let us. Do we really have to hear the same thing over and over every other post from rival teams attempting to somehow degrade us? We didn't start watching hockey yesterday, we know all the potential problems that can arise during the season.

Also, most of use here watched every single Rangers game this season, whereas most of you most likely caught about 10 or 15. Don't you think we know more about this team than you? Apparently some of you suddenly became experts after the signings

(Oh ye, and the constant showboating by Devil fans needing to point out their successes is getting pretty old)
I don't believe anyone was trying to degrade your team at all. In fact, I think it was stated on multiple occasions how it is fully expected that your team is going to be quite good this upcoming season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
You're right all forecasters don't rely on past years #'s to do their job in projecting the upcoming season. So after landing 2 of the top 3 ufa center's this off-season we nyr fans shouldn't be optomistic that we addressed our biggest need, and will have another year of growth from our pups? You are clearly the one reaching if you think assembling 1/2 a new team in the last few months is going to jell and bring you back to the promised land

You're like something that won't flush. Why don't you just go back to your board, and unrealistially chat w/ your fellow flyers about how your going to be the 1st team in NHL history to go worst to 1st, now that you have after 15 years finally gotten your goaltending straightened out (NOT!) Then, log off and worship your Darien Hatcher fathead on your bedroom celing, muttering he was just misunderstood, he was just misunderstood.

Other than saying something in jest, I don't believe any Flyers fan truly thinks we'll go from worst to first. Personally, I'm hoping for a +.500 record and hopefully we'll sneak into the playoffs and knock one of the big boys near the top, where the Rangers will most likely be, out in the early rounds.

flyersfan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 01:03 PM
Fletch

flyersfan...

I think a competitive Philly team will be more interesting for the East. As was the case last year, getting into a playoff spot will be tough and come March, it'll be a tight race. The team that manages to stay healthy may be the team that gets in.

Old
07-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryGigantic View Post
Thought you were being very droll, a poker faced kind of dig at the old "attendance" issue, a long standing straw man in the rivalry between our two proud franchises. But if genuine, as you mention above, I stand corrected. My apologies, as the new arena is a way cool thing and I am happy to report on it. My own season seats will be behind the Devils penalty box and I simply cannot wait to see our new home ice for the first time.

The new building in Newark, the Prudential Center (or "The Rock" as we now call it), is completely state-of-the-art (versus the state-of-the-fart dump the Continental airlines arena de-volved into over the decades), with multiple restaurants and lounges, better sightlines, nicer seats (some leather) and lux features throughout, big glass and marble lobby, massive diamondvision screen outside, amenities galore, it is the first major sports and entertainment complex built in the metro area in around 30 years. Crazy, crazy nice.

And right off the PATH train, making it about a million times easier to get to via public transportation than travelling to "the Swamp" (may it rest in peace...)

And the building is not just for hockey (although the Devils own it and wil receive all revenue, unlike at CAA, where they were tenants only), it is going to be an AWESOME concert venue, with (appropriately enough) Bon Jovi doing ten sold-out nights next October as the first rock shows. (I am not a Jovi fan, but pretty fun choice none the less for New Jersey...)

With all the buzz surrounding the new digs, Devils season seats sold like ape-****, along with the tricked out, oversized corporate boxes (all nearly sold out) which entitle owners to all the events...

I imagine the first Devils/Rangers game at the Rock is going to be one of the hardest tickets in town. And worth the trip.

The only lingering caveat is that with all the union issues and general headaches in a build of this magnitude, it is going to be a race to the wire for it getting finished in time... So they are already discussing the possibility the Devils start next season with an extended roadtrip, and even then some things may still be a "work in progress".

We'll all get a better sense in a couple of months.
whats the capacity of the building expected to be? ~18k?

should be good, only teams who need a new arena more than you guys are the pens and the isles.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Nemchinov13

I predict Pittsburgh winning the Atlantic. Crosby is only 19 and he's already a Hart and Art Ross winner. He is still going to develop. Ditto for Malkin and Staal. I won't be surprised if Crosby gets 150+ points and Malkin scores 60+ goals. And I won't be surprised if MA Fleury will be nominated for Vezina. Fleury is what? - 21/22 y.o.?

If we are gunning for the Cup, we better do it this year. I don't like one bit from what I'm seeing in Pittsburght.

Edit: I predict we finish 4th in the Conference with the second largest amount of points.

Pittsburgh
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Rangers.

I really hope I'm wrong. Especially about Pittsburgh.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 09:59 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post
I predict Pittsburgh winning the Atlantic. Crosby is only 19 and he's already a Hart and Art Ross winner. He is still going to develop. Ditto for Malkin and Staal. I won't be surprised if Crosby gets 150+ points and Malkin scores 60+ goals. And I won't be surprised if MA Fleury will be nominated for Vezina. Fleury is what? - 21/22 y.o.?

If we are gunning for the Cup, we better do it this year. I don't like one bit from what I'm seeing in Pittsburght.

Edit: I predict we finish 4th in the Conference with the second largest amount of points.

Pittsburgh
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Rangers.

Well it would be nice to get at least one round of home ice next year. Two (or three) rounds would be nicer, but we'll most likely need to win the division for that. And yeah, Pittsburgh is gonna be a force to reckon with...I guess the question is how much improved will their D be, and will Fleury become the top flight goalie people say he can be?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Nemchinov13

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Well it would be nice to get at least one round of home ice next year. Two (or three) rounds would be nicer, but we'll most likely need to win the division for that. And yeah, Pittsburgh is gonna be a force to reckon with...I guess the question is how much improved will their D be, and will Fleury become the top flight goalie people say he can be?
Their defense has always been suspect, but they've just added Darryl Sydor. And they have the likes of Whitney, Gonchar (who has been much better in both ends of the ice last season) and Orpik. Overall, I'm not too sure how they're going to fare in the playoffs, but in the regular season this team is going to dominate just on the strength of offense. That's why I strongly feel that we have at most 2 years before Fleury, Whitney, Orpik, and their young offense matures and hits the stride.

Nemchinov13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemchinov13 View Post

Pittsburgh
Ottawa
Tampa Bay
Rangers.

nothing i have seen from MAF makes me think that he can be an elite goalie. i love the pens on paper, as do most stat nuts, but their D SUCKS, they let MAF out to dry a lot, and hes just not good enough to "grant fuhr" them to victory.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 08:07 AM
JerryGigantic
Respect Patrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
whats the capacity of the building expected to be? ~18k?
Exactly. Around 1,000 fewer seats than CAA for hockey, give or take.

JerryGigantic is offline   Reply With Quote