Best of what's left-Yashin

Old
07-10-2007, 08:27 AM
ck26
Free Raptor Reagan

vCash: 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEaNgRyHaB View Post
The truth is they should have let Modano go last year. They are trying to hold on too long to the remainder of that cup team. I like Zubov, but he is getting up there in age too.

Tom Hicks is all about the $$$. He doesn't care about the team or how's it run as long as he sees playoff dollars. The Stars have no scorers. They have a bunch of guys. That's it. Truth hurts. Move on.
For all the mistakes I think management have made since 2001, not trading Modano isn't one of them. Surely you'll agree, unless you're in the brilliant majority who thinks Colorado should have sent Sakic to San Jose and gotten some value in return for him.

What $$$? What playoff dollars? He doesn't care about the team as long as he gets to host 44 home games instead of 41? Astute observation, as clearly Hicks was unwilling to add salary midseason and acquire an impact defenseman and (what was supposed to be) a star scorer.

Drury is a stupid signing, it only makes sense for a heartless team like the Rangers, who must import character. Paying Drury more than we're paying our captain+the best American forward ever so that he'll put up comparable point totals makes all sorts of sense ... can't imagine any internal problems there.

I'm more interested in resigning Ribeiro (how's that going anyway?) and taking a flyer on Yashin ($6.75 for 2 years interest anybody?) than I am shelling out $7m+ for one dude ...

ck26 is online now   Reply With Quote