HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > NCAA, CIS, and other college
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
NCAA, CIS, and other college Discuss college/university news, players, leagues, games, and tournaments.

Brown to have one of toughest 'D' in NCAA

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2004, 10:10 AM
  #1
Schlep Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Brown to have one of toughest 'D' in NCAA

It came out late yesterday that Mike Stuart has verbally committed to Brown for 2005.

Stuart AND Sean Hurley... I'd hate to be a forward playing against Brown.

FYI... There were rumors that Columbus want(ed) to sign Hurley to a pro deal with the rookie max. I say (ed) because I'm not sure if they still do or not and I'm sure they'll make him an offer to try and get him in their system asap. This kid is a ROCK playing for Chicago (USHL).

Now with Stuart... Brown is shaping up as one of the better programs in the ECAC. Finally a major rival for Harvard.

Schlep Rock is offline  
Old
02-27-2004, 02:59 PM
  #2
Kojuk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 6
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlep Rock
Now with Stuart... Brown is shaping up as one of the better programs in the ECAC. Finally a major rival for Harvard.
Harvard is playing horribel this year and Brown is faltering. Harvard already has a rival in Cornell and we beat them every year. Plus, Brown will never have a hockey program like Cornell's - the best in the ECAC.

Kojuk is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 09:25 AM
  #3
Schlep Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojuk
Harvard is playing horribel this year and Brown is faltering. Harvard already has a rival in Cornell and we beat them every year. Plus, Brown will never have a hockey program like Cornell's - the best in the ECAC.
Well I can already tell there is no sense talking to you about this because no matter what I say Cornell will always have a better program.

So down the stretch Brown hasn't been playing their best hockey? That means they have a terrible program?

Let's briefly compare next year's recruiting classes...
Brown is bringing in:
Adam D'Alba... G... Chicago (USHL)... By all accounts this kid could turn pro in the fall if he wanted to, he is that good

Sean Hurley... D... Chicago (USHL)... Again, there are expected to be some offers put on the table from NHL teams this summer... He plays a pro game to a 'T' and is one of the best defenseman in the USHL

Brian McNary... C... St. Albert (AJHL)... Very gifted centerman... Needs to put on a little bit of weight but I'm sure this off-season he'll be able to do that... Was on the '03 U-17 Alberta team

The rest of them I'm not familiar with.

Then there is Mike Stuart in 2005 which is one of the biggest catches of all-time for Brown. An absolute blue-chip NHL prospect.

Cornell...
The only one I know that Cornell is bringing in is
Ray Sawada... RW... Nanaimo (BCHL)... Very good power forward... Needs to learn to dominate more a little offensively... Tenacious forechecker

Sawada vs. Hurley... sorry but Ray would go down 9 out of 10 times.

I am glad that you left out Cornell's record vs. Brown this year. 1 loss (2-1) and 1 tie (3-3).

Ok that's great that you beat Harvard this year but despite what you want to believe, Harvard has always had a very good hockey program. Cornell has lucked out in recent years to have solid NCAA goaltenders (Underhill and Leveneau).

Schlep Rock is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 10:32 AM
  #4
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 4,922
vCash: 500
Nhl

I can't see Hurley playing pro hockey. He won't be able to take his game to that level unless he works on his skating. He should be a very good player at Brown. That should be his next logical step.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlep Rock
Well I can already tell there is no sense talking to you about this because no matter what I say Cornell will always have a better program.

So down the stretch Brown hasn't been playing their best hockey? That means they have a terrible program?

Let's briefly compare next year's recruiting classes...
Brown is bringing in:
Adam D'Alba... G... Chicago (USHL)... By all accounts this kid could turn pro in the fall if he wanted to, he is that good

Sean Hurley... D... Chicago (USHL)... Again, there are expected to be some offers put on the table from NHL teams this summer... He plays a pro game to a 'T' and is one of the best defenseman in the USHL

Brian McNary... C... St. Albert (AJHL)... Very gifted centerman... Needs to put on a little bit of weight but I'm sure this off-season he'll be able to do that... Was on the '03 U-17 Alberta team

The rest of them I'm not familiar with.

Then there is Mike Stuart in 2005 which is one of the biggest catches of all-time for Brown. An absolute blue-chip NHL prospect.

Cornell...
The only one I know that Cornell is bringing in is
Ray Sawada... RW... Nanaimo (BCHL)... Very good power forward... Needs to learn to dominate more a little offensively... Tenacious forechecker

Sawada vs. Hurley... sorry but Ray would go down 9 out of 10 times.

I am glad that you left out Cornell's record vs. Brown this year. 1 loss (2-1) and 1 tie (3-3).

Ok that's great that you beat Harvard this year but despite what you want to believe, Harvard has always had a very good hockey program. Cornell has lucked out in recent years to have solid NCAA goaltenders (Underhill and Leveneau).

bigd is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 06:50 PM
  #5
TMHUNH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: NH
Country: United States
Posts: 3,687
vCash: 500
There does seem to be a shift in ECAC recruiting, with the former big boys Harvard and Cornell seemingly getting less high-profiled recruits.

You mention Brown...but Danis is carrying them, and when judging by next years recruits you have to look at two teams that may have the edge in the ECAC.

Dartmouth: Nick Johnson, Wyman, Colorado Drafted Jones, and BC transfer Lovejoy. If Jessiman stays they will be worth watching out for.

Yale: Yaworski, Page, and Engasser could all go on day one of the 04 draft.

TMHUNH is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 12:52 AM
  #6
johnny cool
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Country: Kazakhstan
Posts: 1,553
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnny cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
Dartmouth: Nick Johnson, Wyman, Colorado Drafted Jones, and BC transfer Lovejoy. If Jessiman stays they will be worth watching out for.
jessiman has done zilch this year. ben lovejoy, however, will do good things up in hanover.

johnny cool is offline  
Old
03-01-2004, 09:41 AM
  #7
montreal
Go Habs Go
 
montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: Sark
Posts: 23,454
vCash: 500
Cornell has 3 solid freshmen in O'Byrne, Bitz and McKee (who has solid numbers). Next year they should lose on Vesce and Hornby. Their defense will be solid and with Moulson heading into his junior year, they should be a tough team to beat again.

montreal is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 07:33 AM
  #8
Schlep Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd
I can't see Hurley playing pro hockey. He won't be able to take his game to that level unless he works on his skating. He should be a very good player at Brown. That should be his next logical step.
Obviously we are all entitled to our opinions.

Just the general consensus around hockey including scouts, etc. is that Sean could play in the AHL next year.

But like I said all signs point to him at Brown for the full 4-years.

Schlep Rock is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 07:40 AM
  #9
Schlep Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHUNH
There does seem to be a shift in ECAC recruiting, with the former big boys Harvard and Cornell seemingly getting less high-profiled recruits.

You mention Brown...but Danis is carrying them, and when judging by next years recruits you have to look at two teams that may have the edge in the ECAC.

Dartmouth: Nick Johnson, Wyman, Colorado Drafted Jones, and BC transfer Lovejoy. If Jessiman stays they will be worth watching out for.

Yale: Yaworski, Page, and Engasser could all go on day one of the 04 draft.
Dartmouth's Nick Johnson is a talented player.

Jones? He's overrated in my opinion. He was a 9th rounder by Colorado and some people say he's proving to be a steal this year. He is 4 1/2 years away from professional action and they're already saying he is a steal? He is a big kid (6' 3", 220) who obviously can score (33-60-93 totals) but there's a long way for him to go. Not sure what type of impact he will have at Dartmouth next year.

You left out Jon Grecu for Dartmouth. Grecu is a VERY talented player and impressed a lot of scouts this year (he's even ranked by CSB). Dartmouth goes a very good steal with him. Personally I feel Johnson and Grecu are their top two recruits.

Dartmouth does have a good recruiting class as does Yale but when did Brown become an ECAC "power house" so to speak?

Hurley, D'Alba, and Stuart all have the potential to be elite NCAA players. Time will tell just how elite and how far they carry Brown (if anywhere).

Schlep Rock is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 09:30 AM
  #10
Canadien16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Hurley, D'Alba, and Stuart all have the potential to be elite NCAA players. Time will tell just how elite and how far they carry Brown (if anywhere).[/QUOTE]

Canadien16 is offline  
Old
03-02-2004, 09:32 AM
  #11
Canadien16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 57
vCash: 500
Dartmouth does have a good recruiting class as does Yale but when did Brown become an ECAC "power house" so to speak?

Hurley, D'Alba, and Stuart all have the potential to be elite NCAA players. Time will tell just how elite and how far they carry Brown (if anywhere).[/QUOTE]


look who they already have have as well...

Canadien16 is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 11:51 AM
  #12
Oilers Chick
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Oilers Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Philly in April 2014
Country: United States
Posts: 5,963
vCash: 500
Speaking of Brown......

Yann Danis and Brian Ihnacak garnered Ivy League Player and Rookie of the Year honours, and along with defenseman Scott Ford was named to the all Ivy team.

Danis and Cornell LW (and Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect) Matt Moulson were unanimous choices for the All-Ivy Team.

Congrats to all of them!

Here's who made the All-Ivy League Team.

Oilers Chick is offline  
Old
03-05-2004, 11:35 PM
  #13
Schlep Rock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers Chick
Yann Danis and Brian Ihnacak garnered Ivy League Player and Rookie of the Year honours, and along with defenseman Scott Ford was named to the all Ivy team.

Danis and Cornell LW (and Pittsburgh Penguins Prospect) Matt Moulson were unanimous choices for the All-Ivy Team.

Congrats to all of them!

Here's who made the All-Ivy League Team.
D Vince Macri from Brown was an honorable mention.

Schlep Rock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.