Notices

Bert Revisited

Old
07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
Gyroduck

vCash: 500
Bert Revisited

Hey all,

New member. I've been eyeing this forum for over a month now. Great dialague.

For the most part, I agree that perhaps Bertuzzi's signing was either too much or premature. Many dont like it simply becasue of what he did in the past. The fact is, I dont think that Burke makes many dumb moves. I personally trust this move, moving forward. He's had a few bad years, but so did Temmu and then came back strong.

I also dont beleive that Temmu is all that upset at his contract. This is a business folks and one cant just wait around while potential talent is waiting.

There is something Burkie sees in Bert, much like what he saw in May.

I enjoyed reading some of the past threads about May when he was first signed. It will be fun reading the threads about Bertuzzi next April.

GyroDuck

Gyroduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Good post Gyro. Welcome to the forums! Hope you have fun here!!!

I have made the decision to trust Burke's decisions. They have worked for us in the past and I have no reason not to trust his judgment.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 02:30 AM
ktulu98

in burke we trust

ktulu98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 04:04 PM
DucksWon'07

Send a message via AIM to DucksWon'07
I'm certainly not going to knock BB and as previously stated if there is any one who can light a fire under Bert its Carlyle. The big difference between May and Bert is that we got May when it became evident that teams were asking too much for players at the deadline and he coast us little. The Bert signing ties up a good chunk off change, taking us out of the FA market. Also much more will and should be asked of Bert than May. Plus May is a good locker room guy and that was pretty much known when we picked him up. Bert's dedication has been previously questioned.

DucksWon'07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 07:11 PM
Sandman33

I have to admit that when I found out that Detroit had Bert for the Playoffs against us...I was worried.

He's still good at standing in front of the net...but Carlyle needs to make him the guy that would beat you down and take your puck...then force it down your goalies throat.

Sandman33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 07:20 PM
Gyroduck

I'm not comparing May and Bert, but rather suggesting that BB seems to know something, or have a good feeling. BB has been clear about spending too much for certain players. Why would Bert be an exception in this case?

Bert will score many more goals than May as we all probably agree. Whether he desires 4M a year, we'll see. My guess is, if he plays at least 80% of all games, I have a good feeling about this move.

Gyroduck is offline   Reply With Quote