Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ducks Blog

Old
07-09-2007, 10:34 PM
luckoftheduck

vCash: 500
Ducks Blog

I'd very much enjoy it if some of you checked out my blog on hockeybuzz.com it's under myhockeybuzz and I'm "duxown" on that website. I know I've disagreed with some of you here, but if you want my CALM(i know i get worked up), honest opinion on ducks stuff along with some rumours, check out "The only Ducks blog on myhockeybuzz". I love saying that.

luckoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Ducksforcup
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Man, I don't know how I'd respond to the Ducks getting Friesen again...

Good blog otherwise... Nicely done.

Ducksforcup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2007, 10:49 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksforcup View Post
Man, I don't know how I'd respond to the Ducks getting Friesen again...

Good blog otherwise... Nicely done.
Thanks...there's a newer one on Selanne and Niedermayer I don't know if you caught that one too. I've gotten some good reviews on that, so you might enjoy that more than Friesen

Old
07-09-2007, 11:53 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

I would hate to see Friesen here again as well, but that's the 2nd person to mention him coming to the Ducks. Wildcat said something about it to me a few days ago.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
WildWinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckstudd269 View Post
I would hate to see Friesen here again as well, but that's the 2nd person to mention him coming to the Ducks. Wildcat said something about it to me a few days ago.
Thanks. Thinking of Friesen made me vomit a little in my mouth.

Hey on a lighter note, at least Jeff gets a mention in how not to grow a playoff beard.
http://www.playoffbeard.com/grade.html

Keep trying Jeff. Somebody has to like you. Just not me.

WildWinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 05:06 AM
Elvs

vCash: 708
Maybe getting Friesen here for the thousand time wouldn't be that bad after all... The last time he was here we were unhappy with him because he didn't produce like he should have done with his salary.

If we'd take him back this time it would be for defensive purposes only and then for $1 mil or less... If you don't remember, he did do a quite good job defensively.

If Selanne retires we would probably be looking for another forward since I don't believe that either of Penner or Bertuzzi would make a good fit on the McDonald line. We would need a guy with speed and there's not much left on the market to be honest. Gelinas and Ekman are probably the only guys left out there that has BOTH speed and a little sence of scoring. Friesen once had both of them, he still has the speed, maybe just putting him on a line with McDonald and Kunitz would give him some confidence. He didn't really got another chance after his weak performance with the Caps, only playing on the third line here and then on the fourth in Calgary.

Last edited by Elvs: 07-10-2007 at 06:32 AM.
Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Pepper

Jeff ****ing Friesen?? HELL NO! I hate that gutless piece of ****.

Pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-10-2007, 12:09 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
Jeff ****ing Friesen?? HELL NO! I hate that gutless piece of ****.
Did you notice that I somewhat quoted you....you're famous Pepper!

Old
07-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Duck Off
HF needs an App

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post
Maybe getting Friesen here for the thousand time wouldn't be that bad after all... The last time he was here we were unhappy with him because he didn't produce like he should have done with his salary.

If we'd take him back this time it would be for defensive purposes only and then for $1 mil or less... If you don't remember, he did do a quite good job defensively.

If Selanne retires we would probably be looking for another forward since I don't believe that either of Penner or Bertuzzi would make a good fit on the McDonald line. We would need a guy with speed and there's not much left on the market to be honest. Gelinas and Ekman are probably the only guys left out there that has BOTH speed and a little sence of scoring. Friesen once had both of them, he still has the speed, maybe just putting him on a line with McDonald and Kunitz would give him some confidence. He didn't really got another chance after his weak performance with the Caps, only playing on the third line here and then on the fourth in Calgary.
If I remember correctly, they did try him on the top line and he didn't do anything so he got demoted. Just say no to Friesen.

Duck Off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
Jezz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfstrand View Post

Uh, a corpse can also do a good job defensively if you laid it out in front of the crease. It might even have a better personality than Hitler.

Since you're in Sweden, I'll give you some leeway and assume you weren't privvy to all of Hitler's lovely quotes in the papers to the local fans.

Burke's team doesn't coddle quitters. In the dictionary, under quitters, is a picture of Hitler.

Jezz* is offline   Reply With Quote