HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Horrific Leg Injury to Marco Sturm

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Chartrand

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Isn't that Robert Edwards?I thought Hearst shattered his knee...

This sucks for Marco Sturm and the sharks.Marleau eventually will need some help....
The Hearst injury referred to occured in a playoff game against the Falcons. It was an ankle injury...a devastating one at that too.

Hopefully Marco will make a full and speedy recovery.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Vlad The Impaler

It really sucks for Sturm. Especially since he is a player who is extremely dynamic and speedy and is not afraid to go into traffic. I hope he can come back and still be the same.

I am reminded a bit by the images posted on this thread of Alex Mogilny's horrible injury in Buffalo. That was a long time ago but always left an impression on me. Anyway, he came back and if I remember well, it didn't take all that long but it took him a long time to get to his previous level of excellence.

Old
03-06-2004, 04:12 AM
*midnitehockey

That was just absolutely brutal...

Kind of thing that just turns your stomach to see happen. Thank God as bad as it was, it wasn't worse...

When I broke an ankle falling down stairs, I started out in shock, and ended up wondering if I'd ever walk normally again (thankfully I do) - just thinking about what happened to Marco makes me cringe.

It looked so awful, it's hard to imagine it could ever heal fully, but like ehc73 mentioned, being a highly-trained athlete will help and he'll be getting the best of care as well...

The Sharks will miss him greatly - both his on-ice finesse and his off-ice attitude.

Heal well and quickly, Marco...

Old
03-06-2004, 06:21 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frolov
Best of luck to Sturm.
Get well soon , Marco....

If this does not bring no touch, nothing will... Get it soon and save our players.. Yea we want to beat SJ but we want them at there best... Sorry that this happened.. again ... Get well soom Marco

Old
03-06-2004, 06:48 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
good to hear ...
Take it from someone who has been therre and done that.. A broken ankle would have been a lot better than what he has to face now.. With dislocation, usually comes ligament tears. There are three in that area.. inside, outside and middle.. I tore all three.. I was in a splint for 6 weeks before a cast was ever put on.. All total, I was in a cast for nearly 5 months... It has been 28 years and the ankle has never been the same since.. Has less stablility and always hurting it agian.. Of course I did not have the medical staff and rehab fac. he will, but this is still a very very serious injury..

Old
03-06-2004, 07:05 AM
Mack

Send a message via MSN to Mack
the sharks will get O'Neill or Rucinsky now.

oh and when i break my left ankle it poped out for about 5 seconds it was at like a 65 degree angle to the left and then poped back in. i wasnt in any pain though. i just thought my ankle was badly sprained untill i got an xray. in my estimation if its ust a disloaction and not a fracture id say 5-6 weeks and lots of physio

Last edited by Mack: 03-06-2004 at 07:09 AM.
Old
03-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Prior to the game me and a coworker of mine were discussing possible destinations for Miro Satan. I brought up the Sharks as a good fit despite having a small amount of valuable, tradable assets. Now I think Satan is a bigger possibility now, he would be the scoring touch that the Sharks have always lacked since dealing Nolan. A team full of passers now could have someone who can consistantly finish. Sounds like a fantastic fit to me.

Closed Thread