HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I was at the Roadrunners game tonight....

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 09:33 PM
Matts

vCash: 500
I was at the Roadrunners game tonight....

they lost 3-2 and really played a poor game. It was boring for the first five minutes but then the physical play began and it was an enjoyable game to watch.

Too many giveaways for the Runners, though, and the only line that had anything going with Rita-Cullen-Salmo.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...TJOHNS---0.htm

Moss played well and looks very quiet in his net but can also be very agile. Woywitka is a fine skater for a big man but I guess I keep missing something about him. He didn't make any bad passes in this one but didn't do anything well to stand out. Lynch looked slower than usual.

Salmo hit 2 posts and Rita had a bad first period where he was keeping that line down but then him and Carlo C had something on the go and Rita hit him at least three times.

Henrich didn't play, not sure why. Winchester had a very physical 1st period but was invisible afterwards. Nice game from McAslan.

Old
03-05-2004, 10:52 PM
Mr Sakich

how did Luoma look?

Old
03-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Matts

Good passer, gets his shot on net

he's a lot like Cross in that he's a big man who for the most part doesn't play like one. Sometimes their size is an advantage against smaller players but for the most part they don't use it.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:59 AM
Guy Flaming
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to Guy Flaming Send a message via Skype™ to Guy Flaming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
Nice game from McAslan.
That's funny.

I have a running joke with the Roadrunner's media relations guy, (Ryan Berg), the guy I go through to get the interviews with the players.

It appears that talking to me has some positive karma or something. We first noticed it with Jeff Woywitka I think, after our discussion he scored his first AHL goal. Mike Morrison had a shutout against Manitoba after talking to me, Joe Cullen scored the game winner in Cleveland (I think Cleveland) the evening of his interview, Danny Baum had a two point performance, I asked to speak with Mike Bishai and before we knew it he was recalled by Edmonton and then the same thing happened with Chad Hinz.

And it happened again, I spoke with Sean McAslan on Thursday when the team got to St. John's. As far as that goes, Bobby Allen and I played phone tag too and I saw he got an assist in the last game...

coincidence????

Old
03-06-2004, 12:21 PM
Hairball

Maybe you should interview Salo or Oates.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:09 PM
theoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyF
That's funny.

I have a running joke with the Roadrunner's media relations guy, (Ryan Berg), the guy I go through to get the interviews with the players.

It appears that talking to me has some positive karma or something. We first noticed it with Jeff Woywitka I think, after our discussion he scored his first AHL goal. Mike Morrison had a shutout against Manitoba after talking to me, Joe Cullen scored the game winner in Cleveland (I think Cleveland) the evening of his interview, Danny Baum had a two point performance, I asked to speak with Mike Bishai and before we knew it he was recalled by Edmonton and then the same thing happened with Chad Hinz.

And it happened again, I spoke with Sean McAslan on Thursday when the team got to St. John's. As far as that goes, Bobby Allen and I played phone tag too and I saw he got an assist in the last game...

coincidence????

If it isn't I can smell a small retainer in the works for before big games.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:26 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairball
Maybe you should interview Salo or Oates.
I like your thought process.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:30 PM
Mikey 71

Sit down for a LLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG chat with Salo. Make it twice as long as usual.

Closed Thread