HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Laich: 0 Points in 9 games for Portland

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2004, 05:11 AM
Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Laich: 0 Points in 9 games for Portland

Wonder if he's pissed that he has lost his chance at winning the stanley cup in the next 10 years? I hope he turns it around soon, as I hope both teams can benefit from this trade.

Old
03-06-2004, 05:55 AM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
Wonder if he's pissed that he has lost his chance at winning the stanley cup in the next 10 years? I hope he turns it around soon, as I hope both teams can benefit from this trade.
Why's he in Portland? Stupid, don't the Caps have sortages at center?

Old
03-06-2004, 08:12 AM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
I can imagine it is very difficult on a young player to be traded for the first time.
It will take him a while to cope, I can imagine the emotions he is going through, namely the feeling of rejection. I would feel the same way, we all thought, him included, that he had a bright future in this city, with this team. The guy is a bona-fide 3rd line talent, he'll turn it around. I wish him all the best.

Old
03-06-2004, 11:54 AM
Alfie#11

Portland as a team can't score. Their leading scorer has 37 points in 53 games. Eminger, a top defence prospect, has 0 points in 23 games.

Laich remains a good prospect it's just that he is dealing with his first pro trade and his new team can't score.

Old
03-06-2004, 04:49 PM
sensens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfie#11
Portland as a team can't score. Their leading scorer has 37 points in 53 games. Eminger, a top defence prospect, has 0 points in 23 games.

Laich remains a good prospect it's just that he is dealing with his first pro trade and his new team can't score.
Agreed - plus Laich seems to take a little while to adjust to his surroundings. Also, if you noticed, Portland's leading scorer is Colin Forbes... so there's a slight problem with talent going on there. Laich, as a 2nd/3rd liner in Binghamton (not exactly a powerhouse offensive team themselves), comes over and, despite having 0pts in 10GP, remains Portland's 2nd leading scorer.

Laich is essentially going to be thrown into a top-line role, and I think once he adjusts you'll see a sharp improvement. As many have said, he definitely has NHL capabilities... hopefully the shock of moving to an organization in such turmoil won't spoil his development.

Closed Thread