HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official: Lundqvist agrees to 1 year deal-$4.25 million

Old
07-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Forechecker

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Forechecker
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Uncle Larry is right here.$4.25 million is an overpayment.Since it's not a long term deal,then it's too much for a 1 year contract.It's a down payment for the next contract in 5-6 months
It really depends on your definition of overpayment. Is this down payment more of an overpayment than Gomez @ $7MM+/year? Relatively, no (IMHO). Two Vezinas, back to back 30 win seasons, gold medal, etc. is worth it to me.

Forechecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I hope they give Henke a Billion dollars next contract, afterall, ain't my money

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Zelepukin Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
I hope they give Henke a Billion dollars next contract, afterall, ain't my money
Maybe if Belfour becomes GM.

Zelepukin Lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 09:55 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
Common, dont throw that save percentage stuff out. I have seen many Devils games , I have friend that are big Devils fans (maybe I should get some new friends) that have said Marty had a bad year, giving up bad goals much more this past year then prior years. Just because the Devils now give up 30 shots (not high quality) instead of 20 shots a game in the new NHL, his save % is going to go up. and besides Luongo and Marty both played 4-5 years in the non cap nhl BEFORE THEY MADE THIS MUCH MONEY. I know Henke needs the cash for all the women that hang around him all the time, but give us 3 good seasons before we give you the really big payday.
Well if you're gonna play the 'throw all the stats out the window' game and just go by some observations of people watching the games, then all you have to do is watch Henke play the game to realize he's one of the best goalies in the league. Period.

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote