HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Markov back to 2002-2003 shape?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2004, 09:43 AM
  #1
plafleur10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Markov back to 2002-2003 shape?

With Souray injured, have you noticed how more ice time (save for the time spent in Russia after his father passed away) has turned around Markov's play. His last 2 games have been outstanding!

plafleur10 is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 01:56 PM
  #2
Mooch
Registered User
 
Mooch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NC/Toronto/Florida
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,960
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Mooch
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
With Souray injured, have you noticed how more ice time (save for the time spent in Russia after his father passed away) has turned around Markov's play. His last 2 games have been outstanding!
i havent seen the habs play the last two games, but i agree based on what people have been saying about him.

The habs are really gona be a young and exciting team next season

Mooch is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 01:59 PM
  #3
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
not the last 2 games but the whole month of march markov waz a freek'n beast(except those games he missed for his dads death).

he's playing like his old self again you cant keep that offencive intincts off his game for to long :].

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 02:13 PM
  #4
habitual_hab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: bc
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by plafleur10
With Souray injured, have you noticed how more ice time (save for the time spent in Russia after his father passed away) has turned around Markov's play. His last 2 games have been outstanding!
For whatever reason markov has been playing great of late! I was keeping an eye on him last night and he was a technician out there. One play in the Habs' zone he goes into the corner boards with a Carolina player and instead of taking the body as such he positions himself so he can take out the Carolina player and his stick while kicking the puck out to a waiting Hab player at the point. Awesome play.

habitual_hab is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:07 PM
  #5
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
not the last 2 games but the whole month of march markov waz a freek'n beast(except those games he missed for his dads death).

he's playing like his old self again you cant keep that offencive intincts off his game for to long :].
I happy to know that you know Markov will be a beast in March. We'll need him for the playoff race

jacklours is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:13 PM
  #6
#44_delivers
Registered User
 
#44_delivers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,009
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
I happy to know that you know Markov will be a beast in March. We'll need him for the playoff race
woops im getting ahead of myself i meant february, but yes he will be a monster in march as well

#44_delivers is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:21 PM
  #7
plafleur10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Ice time

For the better players, added ice time is a big factor in getting their performance to the next level. I am sure Markov suffered a little bit from the extra (and well deserevd) ice time got, aprticularly on the power play. It is not a coincidence that markov's game has picked up exactly after Souray got injured.It is going to be Julien's challenge to find quality ice time for Markov even after Souray returns...

plafleur10 is offline  
Old
02-29-2004, 03:37 PM
  #8
jacklours
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Magog
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by #44_delivers
woops im getting ahead of myself i meant february, but yes he will be a monster in march as well
Hahaha i'm crossing my fingers to

jacklours is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 10:18 AM
  #9
plafleur10
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Markov going strong

Another great game by Andrei vs Yotes. I held my breath when he got skaken up in the 3rd period. Right now, he is one of our 3 or 4 MVPs, pretty much as untouchable trade-wise (at least I hope so, they had a Markov for o'Neil rumor on another board)

plafleur10 is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 03:41 PM
  #10
Mats NAslund
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 4,156
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitual_hab
For whatever reason markov has been playing great of late! I was keeping an eye on him last night and he was a technician out there. One play in the Habs' zone he goes into the corner boards with a Carolina player and instead of taking the body as such he positions himself so he can take out the Carolina player and his stick while kicking the puck out to a waiting Hab player at the point. Awesome play.

I'll give you 3 reason's why he's playing back to last years level.

1. His father's illness weighed heavily on him, now that his father has passed (God rest his soul) he can concetrate on hockey again.

2. He was njured for the most part of the first half the year and trying to play through it.

3. Claude Julien has finaly given him the ice time he needs to be successful. He's finaly realized that Markov is far more valuable then Bouillon who's ice time has decreased since the emmergance of Markov. Don't get me wrong Bouillon plays hard but he's no Markov. No way should Bouillon log anywhere close the minutes Markov and or Sourray do, if he does the Habs are in trouble!

Mats NAslund is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 04:54 PM
  #11
Blackshad
Registered User
 
Blackshad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
We have a very good defence...
We have..
Souray.. a 1-2 dman
Markov a 2 dman
Brisebois a 3 dman
rivet a 4 dman
bouillon a 4 dman
Quintal a 5 dman
thats very good.

Blackshad is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 05:24 PM
  #12
didjuicythat
@m_desroches
 
didjuicythat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 5,251
vCash: 500
It's all about getting to be more consistant as far as Markov is concerned, in my opinion. He has played pretty good games all season long, but has also played horrendous games. Andrei is starting to be more regular, and is getting rewarded for this steady play with 25 minutes of ice time per game lately. We all know he is a smart player that can contribute hugely in many aspects, Gainey and Julien know it too. That's why he's getting #1 defenseman ice time right now.

He's starting to get more confident, and most importantly, he's learning to become more consistant with his performances. Keep up the work, Andrei...

didjuicythat is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 05:58 PM
  #13
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackshad
We have a very good defence...
We have..
Souray.. a 1-2 dman
Markov a 2 dman
Brisebois a 3 dman
rivet a 4 dman
bouillon a 4 dman
Quintal a 5 dman
thats very good.
I'd like to see more of a physical presence in the top four. Souray's all alone there. Rivet and Bouillon aren't legitimate top four defensemen either. Rivet's fine in a depth (bottom pairing) capacity and Bouillon's exceeded expectations this year, but he's still a fringe defenseman.

Add a physical defenseman who's sound defensively as a number three guy, and the defense is looking great.

Here's hoping Komisarek can fill those shoes.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
03-06-2004, 06:15 PM
  #14
zednik 20 fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
I'd like to see more of a physical presence in the top four. Souray's all alone there. Rivet and Bouillon aren't legitimate top four defensemen either. Rivet's fine in a depth (bottom pairing) capacity and Bouillon's exceeded expectations this year, but he's still a fringe defenseman.

Add a physical defenseman who's sound defensively as a number three guy, and the defense is looking great.

Here's hoping Komisarek can fill those shoes.

Agreed... And Quintal + Rivet logged way too many minutes... it is so dangerous when i see them out there. Only if Komi can step up and replace them, i see we need another body on the blue lines

zednik 20 fan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.