Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade proposal Stars - Flyers

Old
07-13-2007, 11:10 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Trade proposal Stars - Flyers

Our defense is a bit slow and you might need a right winger...so how about Hatcher and Lupul for Norström?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 11:44 AM
DaStars99
Purdue Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Our defense is a bit slow and you might need a right winger...so how about Hatcher and Lupul for Norström?
That is kind of enticing. I think I would lean to do it but it would a sure thing if you switched hatch with Kukkonen. Hatch, I just don't know

DaStars99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 11:45 AM
Pillard32

Yeah, I really don't want Hatcher back.Any other D-men you'd be willing to part with?

Pillard32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 11:46 AM
BigG44

I would not be opposed to any deal that had Mattias Norstrom leaving Dallas. It's not that I don't like the guy, he just has never made an impact on me positive or negative. Is he really worth $4.25 million a year?

Derian Hatcher on the other hand was one of my favorite players on the Stars in the 90's. When it came time to re-sign him, he took almost the same money the Stars were offering to play for the Red Wings. That said, I pretty much abandoned carrying about his career and could care less if ever played for the Stars again. Plus, he has 2 years left on his contract paying him $3.5 million a year. I know Derian Hatcher is not worth that. The Stars proved last year though that they would swing a trade to bring back a former defenseman.

The Flyers just traded for Joffery Lupul, and I highly doubt that he's somebody they're giving up in trade. If by chance that happened, who wouldn't want a versatile, 23 year old goal scorer. He proved in Anaheim that he is a quality hockey player, and I don't feel that his performance in Edmonton was a fair representation of his skills. He has two years remaining on his contract at about $2.3 million a year at which point he's still a RFA when it runs out.

There is no way this trade can happen. The trade is to lopsided in Dallas' favor, but in the fantasy land of hockey threads Dallas would be crazy not to take this trade.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
The Frugal Gourmet

Your defense is too slow and you're interested in Norstrom?

The Frugal Gourmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Alistar

Nordstrom for Lupul straight up is a great trade for Dallas to make, despite his lack of production last year hes almost a cinch to be a 35-45 goal scorer throughout his career.
Hatcher on the other hand... well if we could just tie a 40 foot chain around his waist and anchor it to our goalpost, hed be alright =p

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 01:02 PM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Frugal Gourmet View Post
Your defense is too slow and you're interested in Norstrom?
Norstrom is really faster than the Hatcher/Gauthier- department (!)

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-13-2007, 01:06 PM
Alistar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walzy View Post
Norstrom is really faster than the Hatcher/Gauthier- department (!)
not to mention Mike Rathje might be returning to the team... I just remember before the lockout that guy was pretty good for San Jose =p

Alistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 12:05 AM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
I'm not sold on Lupul. I don't think him rediscovering his previous form is at all a sure thing. And I definitely don't want Hatcher back.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 12:47 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

Interested in Lupul, but first I don't think Philly would give up on him that quickly, and second, I too would rather do without Hatcher back in Dallas.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 03:57 AM
Walzy

Send a message via ICQ to Walzy Send a message via AIM to Walzy Send a message via MSN to Walzy
i wouldn't mind a Norstrom for Hatcher + X deal, but i'm not really sold on Lupul too

Walzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 04:05 AM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Not a chance from the Flyers' side. The Flyers need to add an offensive, skating defenseman, not substitute a defensive defenseman for another one. Norstrom is better than Hatcher, but the gap in value isn't Lupul.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote