HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade propsal Sabres

Old
07-14-2007, 02:24 AM
NYRSinceBirth

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCallahan43 View Post
how about Malik, Cullen, Hollweg to the Hawks for Jim Vandermeer, Colin Fraser and 3rd??

Hawks get vets and depth. Rangers get a 6th dman who sticks up for teammates and is tough, a 4th line prospect and 3rd round pick.
How many 4th line prospects do we need?

NYRSinceBirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 05:15 AM
Corto
Faceless Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Wow, i didnt know there was such a knock on him from a sabres fan POV. Def liked him with the Oilers, and knew that he had his mishaps quite a bit with the Sabres, but didnt know it was that bad of a season for him.

Im just thinking more about his offensive capabilities then anything that could benefit the Rangers.
He was pretty good before his injury. Was playing 18-21 minutes a night, getting PP time and getting some points while playing decent defensive hockey.

After his injury he was somewhat reliable in his own end... But it ended there. In all the remaining regular season games and throughout the playoffs, he got exactly zero points.
It's not an excuse, but you can't help but wonder if the injury pretty much killed his season there, so hoping he'll put up an "Oiler Spacek" performance next season.

Corto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 05:20 AM
RMcDonagh
New York Rangers Cup

Nobody on the Rangers should have to go. We should be fine to sign Avery, and even if we don't have the money for the idea he had in mind, if Avery really wanted to be a team player and be here with us like we think he wants, he would sign for a tad lower then desired.

Cullen is a great 3rd line center and PKer. Losing him would be bad.
As much as we've seen Malik mess up, we've seen him help us more. Our D is too faulty to be making big moves, I say keep Malik, watch his play, also due to his background, I don't think dumping him would make Jagr any more happier.

Mara may be getting paid a lot but he came through finely last year, and he'll do a lot better this year considering he'll have the whole year (assuming no injuries).

Malik will reiterate his same old moves this year I believe, If he can grow to be just a little quicker on the ice and getting a decent shot to the net you wouldn't go wrong with him. We'll see.

RMcDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 06:05 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto View Post
He was pretty good before his injury. Was playing 18-21 minutes a night, getting PP time and getting some points while playing decent defensive hockey.

After his injury he was somewhat reliable in his own end... But it ended there. In all the remaining regular season games and throughout the playoffs, he got exactly zero points.
It's not an excuse, but you can't help but wonder if the injury pretty much killed his season there, so hoping he'll put up an "Oiler Spacek" performance next season.

Forget all this Kalinin/Spacek talk...what would it take for the Rangers to pry Drew Stafford away from you guys?

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 07:06 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by comeonnow View Post
are you kidding me
Malik 2 goals 19 helpers 19:16 a game

spawreck 5 goals 16 ast. 19:09 a game

malik 607 gms 153 pts
salary 2.5

spawreck 561 gms 262 pts
salary 3.33

they are the same guy 10x 0=====spamal
If Spawreck, as you like to call him which makes him so much more appealing to the casual ranger fan, is so great then why don't you just hold onto him? lol

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 07:13 AM
comeonnow

Send a message via Yahoo to comeonnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Forget all this Kalinin/Spacek talk...what would it take for the Rangers to pry Drew Stafford away from you guys?
I can't believe that you guys want more offense, but give us back drury and we'll call it even.

Seriously, this kid is our future, i would think it would have to be totally lopsided in our favor

ie: callahan,cullen,tyutin for drew and(you would have to take kalinin)

comeonnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 07:16 AM
comeonnow

Send a message via Yahoo to comeonnow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
If Spawreck, as you like to call him which makes him so much more appealing to the casual ranger fan, is so great then why don't you just hold onto him? lol
the point for me was to get rid of him although i would rather get rid of kalinin
i was illustrating that both players are essentially the same guy with MAYBE a little more o from spawreck. the keys to the deal were cullen and the 2nd.

comeonnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 04:46 PM
NYR1724

I like Spacek as a player, but didn't he spend most of his time in Edmonton with Chris Pronger? I think I would look like a great defensemen if I played with Prongs.

NYR1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-14-2007, 06:08 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Sanguinetti and Montoya

jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote