HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2007-08 Lines and Salary Cap

Old
07-15-2007, 01:43 AM
Jarnberg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyFourFingers View Post
does anyone see a further breakout of Erat? Like a PPG or over? I've always thought highly of him and he has continued to develop, and he should get some more ice-time now.
Unless Erat can start to get some consistency in his game, I don't think we'll see him develop much further. He has too many stretches where he cannot get a point. We'll see how he adjusts without Kariya there.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 02:24 AM
PeterAngelo
In Elliott We Trust

Quote:
does anyone see a further breakout of Erat? Like a PPG or over? I've always thought highly of him and he has continued to develop, and he should get some more ice-time now.
I don't see Erat getting within a bull's roar of a ppg. I think any increase in ice time will be directly affected by the loss of Kariya. I think Kariya positively influenced Erat's numbers. I might be wrong but I guess time will tell.

PeterAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 09:25 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Looking back at numbers only it doesn't look like Kariya or Erat were directly depedent on Kariya, Legwand especially, only a five of his 27 goals were primarily assisted by Kariya.

IMHO Erat like Legwand is a 65 point player, a good second liner.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 10:14 AM
Hyped

What about a guy like Cal O'Reilly? Has everyone written him off making the team this year? I think he's got enough upside to have an outside shot at making the club this year if he impresses at camp...

Hyped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-15-2007, 01:54 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
What about a guy like Cal O'Reilly? Has everyone written him off making the team this year? I think he's got enough upside to have an outside shot at making the club this year if he impresses at camp...
Cal is kind of a dark-horse prospect, and I think he'll be a pleasant surprise down the line, but I think he's a little raw right now, and in particular needs to get stronger before he has a real shot.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 10:54 AM
Zoo

I'd like to see ...

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Erat - Legwand - Radulov
Gelinas - Bonk - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Nichol - Ortmeyer

Extra: Fiddler

Hamhuis - Weber
Zidlicky - DeVries
Suter - Zanon

Extra: Klein

Mason
Rinne

I feel Gelinas would be a good pickup and a good fit for the preds, he'll add grit to your 3rd line with Tootoo, who IMO believe he's ready for a larger role with you guys.

I love that fourth line .... energy and toughness, it would be perfect if Asham replaced Hordichuk though

Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:14 AM
handtrick

I too, would like to see them pick up Gelinas to round out the team.

I don't think we will hear about any UFA signings until Zanon and Fiddler's contracts are set whether they are by negotiation or arbitration.

Remember we can't walk away from any arbitration settlement less than appx 1.2 mill, so I would expect that Poile is waiting on adding anybody else until Fiddler and Zanon are squared away.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 06:11 PM
echlfreak

Cap Status

With Zanon and Hordichuk signing and Fiddler still to sign at around 500K-700K that still leaves the Preds with about 2.5 Million just to hit the Minimum Cap this using nhlnumbers.com cap figures. There has to be a lot of players that can be picked up for 2.5 Million bucks...and Roenick whom scored 28 points and was a -18 is not the guy. You take the current line-up and add a 2.5M player and I think things are looking pretty good.

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Fiddler is heading to arbitration....I'm guessing he gets right at around 1 million simply because of his goal totals the last few years (although, one would think he would be able to accumulate goals with Forsberg/Legwand/Hartnell/Radulov or some other combination of solid scorers for most of the year).

07-16-2007, 11:34 PM
echlfreak

With that said who are some available UFA that would be in the 1.5M to 3M range??? I am saying 3M just because is it really a big deal if the Preds are on the cap bottom vs half a million to a full Million over??? It is still a low cap figure and spending that 1 extra Million might help a lot.

echlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:58 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

The Sens just traded Peter Schaefer to Boston for Shean Donovan.

I would loved to have shipped Fiddler off for Schaefer, and I'd say he and Donovan have similar value.

Old
07-17-2007, 09:51 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 8001
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
The Sens just traded Peter Schaefer to Boston for Shean Donovan.

I would loved to have shipped Fiddler off for Schaefer, and I'd say he and Donovan have similar value.
I agree, I know the Sens wanted to dump salary, but Boston really comes out on top of this trade.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:25 AM
teddygmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyped View Post
I'm anxious to see Oliver Setzinger during camp and preseason games;I think he will outperform O'Reilly and has a great chance to win a job....

teddygmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:56 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by teddygmr View Post
I'm anxious to see Oliver Setzinger during camp and preseason games;I think he will outperform O'Reilly and has a great chance to win a job....
I'm hoping this comes to pass as well. It will be very interesting to see how he plays in camp because overseas he has been very good the past two years.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 09:42 AM
Jarnberg

I always thought Setzinger sounded like a good prospect and had a good future, I wonder what happened to have him not over sooner.

I remember someone mentioning that Setzinger has been playing on the wing the last few years.

Old
07-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I always thought Setzinger sounded like a good prospect and had a good future, I wonder what happened to have him not over sooner.

I remember someone mentioning that Setzinger has been playing on the wing the last few years.
I think he did come over a year or two ago, but left because he didn't want to play in the AHL (it almost seemed like a home-sickness thing as well). I do think he has played as a winger a bit over the past two years, but I'm unsure on that as well.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 04:39 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I think he did come over a year or two ago, but left because he didn't want to play in the AHL (it almost seemed like a home-sickness thing as well). I do think he has played as a winger a bit over the past two years, but I'm unsure on that as well.
I think you're thinking of Platonov. Setzinger has never come over for anything but a camp.

Old
07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
AdmiralPred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
I'd like to see ...

*CUT*

Mason
Rinne

Not sure the Preds would want Rinne sitting behind Mason if he could get quality minutes in Milwaukee to rebuild his game after a less-than-stellar, post-injury stint last season. I don't see Rinne as NHL-ready at this point.

AdmiralPred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 08:34 PM
FaceOfTheFranchise

Quote:
I don't see Erat becoming a PPG player, but I do think this year his points will jump due to his increased icetime and playing with goalscorers instead of playmakers.

FaceOfTheFranchise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think Dumont or Radulov got near the ice time they deserved last season. This season will be different.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 12:13 AM
saudersob

Does anyone think that Legwand's numbers will continue to rise, or is he peaked at 65ish?

saudersob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 01:13 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

As long as he stays healthy, I definitely seeing his number going up slightly. Not much, a little, maybe

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by saudersob View Post
Does anyone think that Legwand's numbers will continue to rise, or is he peaked at 65ish?
He could probably peak at 65ish, although we'll see how he does without Kariya. He's also in a contract year....

Old
07-26-2007, 11:05 AM
tulsytrid1

I think Leggy will play fine without Kariya. I see him being a 60-70pt two way player. Hopefully, we can get him locked up this year before he becomes an UFA; however, he is probably looking at the contract that Hartnell got and is licking his chops. My fear is that we let him go and detroit signs him.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Zoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoo View Post
I'd like to see ...

Sullivan - Arnott - Dumont
Erat - Legwand - Radulov
Gelinas - Bonk - Tootoo
Hordichuk - Nichol - Ortmeyer

Extra: Fiddler

Hamhuis - Weber
Zidlicky - DeVries
Suter - Zanon

Extra: Klein

Mason
Rinne

I feel Gelinas would be a good pickup and a good fit for the preds, he'll add grit to your 3rd line with Tootoo, who IMO believe he's ready for a larger role with you guys.

I love that fourth line .... energy and toughness, it would be perfect if Asham replaced Hordichuk though

Great minds think alike ... I called it !!

Zoo is offline   Reply With Quote