HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Chara, where do you rank this guy?

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 10:59 PM
Oi'll say!

vCash: 500
Chara, where do you rank this guy?

2003-2004 64gp, 14-21-35pts, +36, 112pims

.55 pts per game, +.56 per game, and becoming known as a dominating fighter as well.

Is there a d-man out there that you'd rather have right now, and how close can Semi come to this level of play?

Old
03-05-2004, 11:07 PM
Rooks Oilers

I can't think of another d-man to win the Norris this year other than Chara! This guy is having a monster of a season, leads the league in +/- and is just racking in the points! Gets my vote for Norris, but my vote don't count so who knows.

As for Semmy, I don't know what to make of him because MAC T DOES'NT PLAY HIM ENOUGH!
Rooks Oilers

Old
03-06-2004, 12:41 AM
jadeddog

i dont think semenov will ever be in the chara league, but he might get close.... but of course macT and his RIDICULOUS lineups wont allow us to find this out for at least 2-3 seasons, and we might have to find this out with semenov playing on another team..... but really, does anybody actually expect macT to make any *intelligent* lineup decisions??? i know that i stopped expecting that last year sometime

Old
03-06-2004, 02:04 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Is there a d-man out there that you'd rather have right now,
Nope.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:15 AM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers_guy_eddie
Nope.
I agree 100%. Chara is the man. I would be very happy if he won the Norris.

Old
03-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Loweball

Can someone please explain why Semenov is constantly scratched? Maybe it has been posted here and i haven't seen it so excuse me if this a reduntant topic but i just don't get it. He plays in the Youngstars game, I hear nothing but praise from MacT, and then he's not playing.

can someone get inside MacT's head and explain this? I guess we have been winning so that's MacT's logic, not to screw with anything. Did Semi's play just go down the crapper?

Old
03-06-2004, 01:13 PM
speeds

Obviously it would be a lot to expect out of Semenov, but Chara is 4 years older, one might expect Semenov to become more dominant as he fully adjusts to his body, learns how to use it a bit more effectively.

Old
03-06-2004, 02:16 PM
Matts

Yeah

the Isles had some problems developing him as I remember they'd always talk abotu his turnovers. I know some guys on OF were talking about Chara and I didn't want him because he was so bad in his own end

As for now, Speeds makes a good point that in 4 years yes Semi might grow into that kind of a physical player. Chara is such the complete package though. He's like Pronger but he fights more

Old
03-06-2004, 08:28 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
the Isles had some problems developing him as I remember they'd always talk abotu his turnovers. I know some guys on OF were talking about Chara and I didn't want him because he was so bad in his own end
I don't think Semi's problem is turnovers; I don't recall any glaring ones that he's made, anyway. It's more his apparent unwillingness to constantly use his best asset, his size.

I really hope MacT's at least talked to him, cos the silence from the Oilers (and Semi himself) on this one is kinda deafening. Personal problems maybe?

Old
03-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Matts

Yeah

I meant that Chara was the turnover machine when he was Semi's age

Old
03-06-2004, 09:43 PM
TheChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by speeds
Obviously it would be a lot to expect out of Semenov, but Chara is 4 years older, one might expect Semenov to become more dominant as he fully adjusts to his body, learns how to use it a bit more effectively.
Dman especially extra large ones take much more time to develop, but IMO Chara has already has the skills & ability to develop and impact a game as much as a stevens or hatcher due to his sheer size. Semi, on the other hand, needs to develop his puck handling skills (when he was on the point, all the passes to him were scooting by him with no chance to get that 100+ shot away ) and aggressiveness, then he could be right up there as well. But good point, he is four years younger than Chara and with playing time IMO will be an game impact player; (point man not).

Closed Thread