HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winning Face Offs...

Old
07-16-2007, 07:30 PM
Claude Reigns
What offseason?

vCash: 500
Man, I've been saying this all along. I just know this problem is going to bite us in the butt when it really matters.

Claude Reigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 07:39 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger73549 View Post
we should have traded lindros instead. in fact, we never should of traded for lindros in the first place, and kept brind'amour. forsberg and brind'amour leading the flyers instead of lindros for all those years

oh well, cant change the past
Dude, please. Hindsight's 20/20. At the time we traded for Lindros, we were getting a generational talent... you know, like a Gretzky, Lemieux, Crosby, players that come around once every decade. Forsberg was an intriguing prospect at the time, but no one had any idea he'd turn into a Hall of Famer. To his credit, Forsberg developed into one of the best, most awe-inspiring players to ever play the game. Knowing what we know now and how things would eventually turn out, would we have traded Forsberg and co. for Lindros? I don't know. But revisionist history is pretty easy, eh? The fact remains: The acquisition of Lindros revitalized hockey in this city. At his peak, Eric Lindros was THE most dominating force in the game, as he could beat you with his skill and physicality -- I don't think we'll ever see another player quite like him. I'll defend the Lindros trade to the death any day of the week.

You're right, the past cannot be changed... so it's best not to dwell on it.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
flyersfan64*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger73549 View Post
we should have traded lindros instead. in fact, we never should of traded for lindros in the first place, and kept brind'amour. forsberg and brind'amour leading the flyers instead of lindros for all those years

oh well, cant change the past
at the time lindros was supposed to be next gretzky. we would change alot of stuff if we could go back but at the time this seemed like a good trade

flyersfan64* is offline   Reply With Quote