HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The one team that could use Oates

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2004, 01:22 AM
Hemsky4PM

vCash: 500
The one team that could use Oates

Tampa Bay

Right now their top 4 centers are Lecavalier, Richards, Cibak and Taylor. Oates could definately help them as none are particularly good on draws (especially Richards). Honestly, they are the only team I can think of that would even consider adding Oates. I think the Oilers could do Oates and a sixth round pick for a 4th round pick.

I'm going to go on a limb (how short of one is debatable) and say that Oates will be gone by the deadline. It will be an embarrassment if he is playing and 1. York is forced to the wing 2. Horcoff is forced to the wing and Chimera to the pressbox, after doing well on the 4th line with Georges and Stoll.

Old
03-07-2004, 02:03 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via MSN to Narnia
I've heard a lot that York is a better winger than a centre. With the injury York sustained against Colorado, it's better for him to play wing. He'll have trouble with faceoffs because of the finger. The reason that York played centre and Ryan Smyth played centre at the beginning of the season is because Comrie wanted out of Edmonton and refused to sign with the Oilers. That's the reason that Oates was signed.

03-07-2004, 02:25 AM
hmminvisiblecola1279
I just hope we can

if oates is traded san jose would be a good fit, at least i thinks. i admire the job ron wilson has done with his team and somehow if the oilers are out of the picture, oates would be the man the sharks might look into.

Old
03-07-2004, 06:26 AM
Mr Sakich

on fanhome, sens fans thouth that a vet centre who is good on draws was thier #2 priority.

Old
03-07-2004, 06:27 AM
rabi_sultan

Send a message via ICQ to rabi_sultan Send a message via AIM to rabi_sultan Send a message via MSN to rabi_sultan Send a message via Yahoo to rabi_sultan
we're making a playoff push now. we have no reasoner, york is injured and we're gonna need oates.

I'd like to see in the playoffs our centres Nedved-York-Oates-Stoll i know Horcoff has been great but Oates provides experience since Nedved has probably forgotten how to play playoff hockey due to those pesky rags

Closed Thread