Notices

Ducks 2007 draft review

Old
07-16-2007, 11:15 PM
HF Article
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
Ducks 2007 draft review

The Anaheim Ducks made eight selections at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Read full article...

HF Article is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
MOENing

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Article View Post
The Anaheim Ducks made eight selections at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

Read full article...

Thanks I'm now very well informed on this year prospects.

MOENing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2007, 11:53 PM
S.S. Giggy
RIP 1974-2011

Modig looks like he could be a sleeper of a pick.

S.S. Giggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 02:21 AM
Jerky Leclerc

The Ducks selected players who they scouted heavily playing on teams with current Ducks prospects. Good read Kevin.

Jerky Leclerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Hockey Duckie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerky Leclerc View Post
The Ducks selected players who they scouted heavily playing on teams with current Ducks prospects. Good read Kevin.
I noticed that too. Although, that does mean the scouts do know more about the players they are drafting because they are viewing their own prospects at the same time. It seems as though the Ducks chose safely with some picks and head scratchers with others, the scouts seem to think they've found gems. Logan and Eric found extra gears in the playoffs. Max and Justin are two-way players. Two goalies that look very promising. And the last draft pick, Brett, sounds like an Andy Mac prospect. The only prospect without a buzz, so to speak, would be Mitera's defensive teammate Steven.

A very good read, Kevin. You have to trust the brain trust as they're padding solid players in the org and hopefully one or two can be gems that haven't tapped their full potential yet. I'm not used to the Ducks not rushing rookies to the NHL club level and have the luxury to let the players develop at their own time. I've been eagerly awaiting the Ducks' draft review for some time and so a big thank you!

Hockey Duckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Randall Graves*

I'm going to watch Tangradi closely this year, You have to like the fact that as an 18 year old when he finally got an opportunity for a bigger role he produced, and in the playoffs no less.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

There's two major storylines with this draft for Anaheim: one is teammates with so many players drafted having experience with other Ducks prospects and the other is bloodlines with a number of the players drafted coming from hockey families (MacMillan and Vaive are the obvious ones, but Modig's family was a bit of a surprise when I was doing my research).

It's also worth noting that the last two guys the Ducks drafted from the US National Development Team Program, Matt Auffrey and Jason Bailey, both ended up leaving their NCAA programs and migrating north to the OHL. For what it is worth, Justin Vaive's OHL rights are owned by the Sudbury Wolves, I believe.

This will be an intriguing draft class to watch develop. The Ducks rolled the dice a bit with players like Tangradi, Stefaniszin, Morrison and especially Macenauer, and I'm interested to see how those picks especially pay off.

Last edited by Kevin Forbes: 07-17-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 05:19 PM
luckoftheduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Duckie View Post
I noticed that too. Although, that does mean the scouts do know more about the players they are drafting because they are viewing their own prospects at the same time. It seems as though the Ducks chose safely with some picks and head scratchers with others, the scouts seem to think they've found gems. Logan and Eric found extra gears in the playoffs. Max and Justin are two-way players. Two goalies that look very promising. And the last draft pick, Brett, sounds like an Andy Mac prospect. The only prospect without a buzz, so to speak, would be Mitera's defensive teammate Steven.

A very good read, Kevin. You have to trust the brain trust as they're padding solid players in the org and hopefully one or two can be gems that haven't tapped their full potential yet. I'm not used to the Ducks not rushing rookies to the NHL club level and have the luxury to let the players develop at their own time. I've been eagerly awaiting the Ducks' draft review for some time and so a big thank you!
Kampfer is going to be the best pick of our draft this year. Check the avatar. Oh yeah baby

luckoftheduck is offline   Reply With Quote