Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

Jeff O'Neil???

Old
07-17-2007, 11:34 AM
MightyAdam

vCash: 500
Jeff O'Neil???

I know this guy is a free agent and he seems just like Burke's kind of player. He hits everything in site, he can play on the top line, and he has scored more then 30 goals three times (including more then 40 once).

I have always been a fan of his and if Selanne leaves I would love it if Burke could make a move to get him. He probably wouldn't be asking more then Selanne would have if he had come back, after the ok year he had last year.

Plus, this guy is only 31 years old! He should be at his prime age to compete. How many other people would like to see this guy as a Duck? I know he has played center but it says also he is a winger.
-O'Neil -McDonald -Kunitz

MightyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:42 AM
Bjindaho

Two words: Poor skater

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:42 AM
190Octane

Old and broken down.

190Octane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:43 AM
bleuer

Send a message via Yahoo to bleuer
adam, you're back!!!

which line do you want to play o'neill? we're pretty much set...he's not a 4th liner IMO, but we can't use him on the 3rd...and the first 2 lines are basically the same as last years (selanne/bertuzzi swap)...if we can sign penner!

bleuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Deebo

He was brutal in Toronto, I can't remeber watching anyone as lazy as him in years.

Deebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Elvs

I'd much rather have Gelinas or Ekman, speedy hard working forwards with some scoring sence. Still hoping for Selanne though.

O'Neill isn't fast enough to play with McDonald and Kunitz IMO.

Elvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Kevin Forbes
Hockey's Future Staff

Some of my good buddies are Leaf fans and so over the past two seasons, I've seen the Blue and White play...a lot.

I really don't know how to explain O'Neill. He's been in a tailspin since the season before the lockout and apparently he requested the trade to Toronto in the first place due to family reasons (I believe his brother passed away). I'm not sure if he would be willing to come to California and latest media reports out of Toronto seem to indicate that he's still hoping he returns as a Leaf.

In layman's terms and using a comparison recognizable to Ducks fans, O'Neill at this point is an older version of the Joffrey Lupul that appeared in Edmonton. He has a history of a sniper and still shows flashes of it, but doesn't bring enough complementary skills to the table to be worth the risk.

O'Neill was terrible defensively, inconsistent in his effort and would disappear for games at a time. I'm not sure if it's confidence or just a sharp decline in skills, but he is a shadow of the player who had three years of 30+ goals.

Signing him now, the most you can reasonably expect is 20 goals and 50 points. Finally, he plays right-wing mostly, a position already chock full in Anaheim's organization.

Kevin Forbes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 12:41 PM
kenabnrmal

I'd rather sign Lindros.

kenabnrmal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 12:45 PM
abax44

He's a a good face off guy, but you don't really want someone known to be lazy as a centre man either.

abax44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Pwnasaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuer View Post
adam, you're back!!!
I missed him greatly....always enjoyed his posts....prolly my 2nd favorite poster after the Captain and with Moneyp in there somewhere also....but I love you all...never forget that....I have so much love to give and I'm really drunk...open your heart and let the rap in...

Last edited by Pwnasaurus: 07-17-2007 at 01:17 PM.
Pwnasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 07:15 PM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

I've heard Leaf fans say that he did fairly well there. He got next to no ice time, played with **** line mates, yet, he still put up points. For the right price, I honestly wouldn't mind taking a chance on him.

Gibsons Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 08:20 PM
MightyAdam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnasaurus View Post
I missed him greatly....always enjoyed his posts....prolly my 2nd favorite poster after the Captain and with Moneyp in there somewhere also....but I love you all...never forget that....I have so much love to give and I'm really drunk...open your heart and let the rap in...
thank you for appreciating me here. I guess we will all have to wait what Brian Burke does regarding any more players. Hope you all are having a great summer.

MightyAdam is offline   Reply With Quote