HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

OT: 1994 NY Rangers 15 Set DVD "Original Six" Series

Old
07-17-2007, 09:14 PM
mschmidt64

vCash: 500
OT: 1994 NY Rangers 15 Set DVD "Original Six" Series

I was wondering if anyone had this DVD set?

If so, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. On one site where the product is reviewed, it says the original game broadcasts are "ESPN or MSG," which I assumed means you could select which one you wanted, which I thought was cool.

But then another review I saw said that there is only one audio track, but that it varies from game-to-game which broadcast they use. Ie, ESPN is used for most of the Conference Finals and Game 2 of the SCF, but then MSG is used for most of the Finals themselves.

I was specifically looking, and have been for some time, for the Game 7 ESPN feed of this game so when I heard that this DVD set offered that feed, I was excited, but I think I might be mistaken. Can someone clear this up for me, and if possible point me to where I might be able to obtain a DVD of that game 7 with the ESPN feed?

Thanks in advance.

mschmidt64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 09:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post

If so, I was wondering if you could answer a question for me. On one site where the product is reviewed, it says the original game broadcasts are "ESPN or MSG," which I assumed means you could select which one you wanted, which I thought was cool.

But then another review I saw said that there is only one audio track, but that it varies from game-to-game which broadcast they use. Ie, ESPN is used for most of the Conference Finals and Game 2 of the SCF, but then MSG is used for most of the Finals themselves.

I was specifically looking, and have been for some time, for the Game 7 ESPN feed of this game so when I heard that this DVD set offered that feed, I was excited, but I think I might be mistaken. Can someone clear this up for me, and if possible point me to where I might be able to obtain a DVD of that game 7 with the ESPN feed?

Thanks in advance.
i have it, but its been a while since ive seen it. its espn if im not mistaken.

if you have blockbuster online and a dvd burner...you can find out for pretty cheap :-D

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Captain Monglobster

I know for a fact that Game 7 of the Cup final is the MSG broadcast, and possibly the entire series. The series against the Devils is ESPN.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Well, according to the one review, it says MSG is used for most of the finals. If someone can confirm/deny this for sure, or whether you can choose a feed as the other review implies, I'd be grateful.

Thanks for the response though.

Don't ask why I want the ESPN feed... I'm just picky. That's where I saw it as a kid.

Quote:
if you have blockbuster online and a dvd burner...you can find out for pretty cheap :-D
Yeah, I was thinking that, but to rent 15 DVDs would cost me more than a few bucks and you can get it on Ebay for $50 flat, pretty much. Even if I can save money on that price by renting, I'd have to buy the DVDs too, and by time it's all said and done it'd probably be close to the same $50. And if I'm only saving a few bucks, I'd just rather the box set.

Old
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:

I'd recommend getting it used, actually, because it's a nice set to actually own, IMO. I got it very cheap used.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 09:25 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Monglobster View Post
I know for a fact that Game 7 of the Cup final is the MSG broadcast, and possibly the entire series. The series against the Devils is ESPN.
Thanks, guess you can't get the ESPN feed for Game 7 of the Finals then.

I'll have to keep looking elsewhere... I still may get this set though.

Old
07-17-2007, 09:32 PM
Smashley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'd recommend getting it used, actually, because it's a nice set to actually own, IMO. I got it very cheap used.
Amazon has it used... there are also a few copies on ebay.

Smashley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Captain Monglobster

Quote:
Thanks, guess you can't get the ESPN feed for Game 7 of the Finals then.

I'll have to keep looking elsewhere... I still may get this set though.
Well it's the only set out there, but yeah no ESPN for game 7.

Captain Monglobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 10:50 PM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
The ECF, except for one of the games is ESPN (The other one was CBC)

I haven't gotten to the cup finals yet (Gonna watch game 7 of the conference finals sometime this weekend, hopefully.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 10:55 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smashley View Post
Amazon has it used... there are also a few copies on ebay.
I got it for $30 on Ebay

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
EventHorizon
Bring Back Ties!

It's been awhile since I watched it. If I recall correctly, all of the ECF was ESPN (which makes game 7 almost unwatchable, thanks a lot Thorne) with the exception of one of the games which was CBC.

I know for sure that game 7 of the Cup Finals is MSG; I'm pretty sure the rest are ESPN.

EventHorizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2007, 11:37 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

blockbuster is like 18 bucks a month, i would, err, of course NEVER copy a dvd illegally, but FWIW in the 3 months ive used it, my video library has increased about 200 movies worth.

its pretty cool, any given week i probably get about...18 movies :-D

Old
07-18-2007, 12:30 AM
IanB

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
I have the set. Just to clear things up, all the games against NJ in the Conference finals are ESPN feeds except game 5 which is a CBC feed. In the finals, all the games are MSG feeds except for game 2, which is an ESPN feed.

I doubt you would be able to find an official DVD for sale with the ESPN feed for Game 7 of the finals. In order to get it, someone would have had to record it themselves and transfer it onto a DVD personally. Unfortunately, I cant help you there.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist Saves View Post
I have the set. Just to clear things up, all the games against NJ in the Conference finals are ESPN feeds except game 5 which is a CBC feed. In the finals, all the games are MSG feeds except for game 2, which is an ESPN feed.

I doubt you would be able to find an official DVD for sale with the ESPN feed for Game 7 of the finals. In order to get it, someone would have had to record it themselves and transfer it onto a DVD personally. Unfortunately, I cant help you there.
actually i think have game 7s espn feed on VHS.

Old
07-18-2007, 03:42 AM
Pogo

Quote:
actually i think have game 7s espn feed on VHS.
I'm almost positive I have the ESPN one on VHS too, since I was living in California at the time.

Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 08:35 AM
Sockosensei

a MUST-SEE for all Rangers fans.

Sometimes memory makes certain events seem greater as more time passes.
If I had any doubts about my memories of the 1994 Rangers, this DVD series made me certain: THEY REALLY WERE THAT GOOD, and THE GAMES REALLY WERE THAT EXCITING.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Sonny Lamateena

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sockosensei View Post
Sometimes memory makes certain events seem greater as more time passes.
If I had any doubts about my memories of the 1994 Rangers, this DVD series made me certain: THEY REALLY WERE THAT GOOD, and THE GAMES REALLY WERE THAT EXCITING.
I agree 100%, sometimes you go back and see an older movie you remember being really good and it is awful but those playoffs are still awesome. Seeing Messier as a physical force is so different then the player who returned to the Rangers after his time in Vancouver. Alexei Kovalev never played better at any time as a Ranger. And the player that was most dominating was Brian Leetch, with no disrespect to this years Conn Smythe Trophy winner Scott Niedermayer, if you want to watch an elite playoff performance by a defencemen watch the 1994 playoffs.

Sonny Lamateena is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:02 PM
nyrmetros

I still need to get this DVD set, but I need it cheap $$ ....

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:12 PM
alkurtz

Game 6 against the Devs is still a classic. On the ESPN broadcast you can listen to the announcers as they see, evaluate, and predict the Rangers taking hold of the game/

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 07:44 PM
mrhockey193195

google video has game 7 of the 1994 finals, the entire game, with the espn feed.

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:06 PM
mschmidt64

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhockey193195 View Post
google video has game 7 of the 1994 finals, the entire game, with the espn feed.

Link???

Edit: n/m found it.