HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

KEEP THE PREDS IN NASHVILLE, the official thread--we need your help!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-13-2007, 11:32 AM
  #226
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
are we getting a new logo like some of the other teams, or is the jersey style just new? I dont think our original logo could get much better, but Id be interested in seeing some new ideas.
I'm thinking it's just a new jersey style.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:22 AM
  #227
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,659
vCash: 50
so has anyone been to the rally? I need a rally update!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:26 AM
  #228
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
so has anyone been to the rally? I need a rally update!
The update says that 135 new full season tickets have been sold so far this morning, and "Eklund" says that he thinks the local group will have a deal in place within a week or two.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:45 AM
  #229
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Wouldn't it be nice if the local ownership group came in, and in an act of good faith, told Poile to do what it takes to convince Forsberg to re-sign?

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:05 PM
  #230
xEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Taveras

It would be nice if Bettman could help Nashville out in the lottery should the Preds be in that position and give Nashville their Crosby via Tavares.


That is the next step if the Preds are following in the Pens footsteps.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:08 PM
  #231
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xEx View Post
It would be nice if Bettman could help Nashville out in the lottery should the Preds be in that position and give Nashville their Crosby via Tavares.


That is the next step if the Preds are following in the Pens footsteps.

if we're a lottery team next season, none of this will matter, because everyone will jump right back off the wagon.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:15 PM
  #232
xEx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
if we're a lottery team next season, none of this will matter, because everyone will jump right back off the wagon.
Next season (07/08) win the cup. And then get to the lottery to snatch up Tavares in the 2009 draft.

I'm sure if you have a kid coming in that has already broke some of Gretzky's records the fan support would stick around.

I know its a long stretch given the young core in Nashville, but stranger things have happenned.

xEx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
  #233
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Dont we have Florida's first rounder?

Lets hope they suck royally next year.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
  #234
timmay143
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Even if everything works out well (i.e. Preds attendence above 14k, local ownership, etc.), we need to keep the ball rolling every year. I just hope people will not sit back if the Preds become "safe" again. Maybe we could have a rally ever so often if tickets dip again or to keep them up. If this team can stay for another 10 years we should have a solid franchise and hockey roots. I wish I could attend the rally, but things did not work out as I planned. Good luck everyone and thanks to everyone who has volunteered, supported, etc.!!!

timmay143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 12:44 PM
  #235
timmay143
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Wouldn't it be nice if the local ownership group came in, and in an act of good faith, told Poile to do what it takes to convince Forsberg to re-sign?
That would be the cherry on top!!!

timmay143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
  #236
predperson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
The update says that 135 new full season tickets have been sold so far this morning, and "Eklund" says that he thinks the local group will have a deal in place within a week or two.
Up to 246 new full season tickets!

predperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
  #237
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,659
vCash: 50
momentum baby!

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:55 PM
  #238
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay143 View Post
Even if everything works out well (i.e. Preds attendence above 14k, local ownership, etc.), we need to keep the ball rolling every year. I just hope people will not sit back if the Preds become "safe" again. Maybe we could have a rally ever so often if tickets dip again or to keep them up. If this team can stay for another 10 years we should have a solid franchise and hockey roots. I wish I could attend the rally, but things did not work out as I planned. Good luck everyone and thanks to everyone who has volunteered, supported, etc.!!!
Here's my take. If we get local owners, I think we'll still have roughly the same season ticket base. I think its increased every year, no matter how bad we have been (or good). However, the corporate support has been going in the opposite direction. And hopefully the local ownership group would be able to turn that around. I really think they would know the Nashville market better then Leipold. Plus people might be willing to work with them more since they work in the community.

But in essence I agree. This doesn't need to be a one time 14k thing. We need to make sure that we never get to this point again. And hopefully if the local ownership group does get better inroads, we should have that area covered.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:59 PM
  #239
Jarnberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 5,483
vCash: 500
I'll add that even in my workplace today people who normally wouldn't be talking Preds were talking about them. They were saying how they heard a local group was possibly buying the team and how they thought that that was really good and supported the idea of local people owning the team, going as far as to say they'd even come out to more games if keep the team.

Even if this rally doesn't sell 2 billion tickets, I think it has woken some people up around the area. People will notice the team more and if the local group gets the team, I think the potential is VERY good here.

However, no matter what happens today, the spin from Canada / Burnside will be that no one showed up, too few tickets were sold and we don't care about our team. No matter what happens.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:20 PM
  #240
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
370 full season ticket packages sold as of 3:20 PM

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:47 PM
  #241
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
However, no matter what happens today, the spin from Canada / Burnside will be that no one showed up, too few tickets were sold and we don't care about our team. No matter what happens.
Naturally. Just look at the comments on hockeybuzz. What is it going to take?

I am very impressed with the turnout so far. Keep going guys!

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
  #242
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
Naturally. Just look at the comments on hockeybuzz. What is it going to take?

I am very impressed with the turnout so far. Keep going guys!
I keep seeing, "HAMILTON SOLD 14K iN TWO DAYZ, GIVE US OUR GAME BACK!"


barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 04:02 PM
  #243
Paincakes
Registered User
 
Paincakes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Knoxville
Country: Scotland
Posts: 643
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I keep seeing, "HAMILTON SOLD 14K iN TWO DAYZ, GIVE US OUR GAME BACK!"

"Ok Ek I dont agree with you they STILL dont deserve a team."

Paincakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 04:16 PM
  #244
Drury77
Registered User
 
Drury77's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Clarksville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 9,059
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Drury77 Send a message via Yahoo to Drury77 Send a message via Skype™ to Drury77
This has been great to listen to all day, I only wish I was financially in the position to buy even a 10 game package. But i'll have to hope that the Preds are still here next year when I can hopefully do it then.

__________________
Drury77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 04:22 PM
  #245
biscuithead
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to biscuithead
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
I keep seeing, "HAMILTON SOLD 14K iN TWO DAYZ, GIVE US OUR GAME BACK!"

They keep trumpeting this but it was refundable deposits, not season ticket sales.

The deposits came with a refund clause that states:

"If and when the NHL allows a team to relocate to Hamilton, a sales representative will contact you with season ticket seating location information... Deposits will be automatically refunded in the event that it is determined that the team will not be moving to Hamilton, but in any event no later than December 2009."

So, unless the team arrives next year, they're not out anything and even if it does a sales rep will contact you about purchasing tickets.

biscuithead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
  #246
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuithead View Post
They keep trumpeting this but it was refundable deposits, not season ticket sales.

The deposits came with a refund clause that states:

"If and when the NHL allows a team to relocate to Hamilton, a sales representative will contact you with season ticket seating location information... Deposits will be automatically refunded in the event that it is determined that the team will not be moving to Hamilton, but in any event no later than December 2009."

So, unless the team arrives next year, they're not out anything and even if it does a sales rep will contact you about purchasing tickets.
Does not matter in the xenophobic minds in Canada. If the Preds sell 16,000 tickets today it won't be enough for them.

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:39 PM
  #247
Gnashville
Never trade Weber
 
Gnashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 4,467
vCash: 500
Over 500 sold so far but of course the xenophobes will say Hamilton would have sold 10,000,000,000,000,000,000

Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:00 PM
  #248
timmay143
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
533!! Keep it going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

timmay143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:02 PM
  #249
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,936
vCash: 500
In 12 hours the rally sold 3.1% of the total tickets and (Best guess) 5.5% of the unsold tickets with 2 more hours to go.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:44 PM
  #250
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 1,815
vCash: 500
Over 7,500 people at the rally!!!!

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.