HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official: Cullen to Carolina for D Andrew Hutchinson, F Joe Barnes, 08 3rd

Old
07-19-2007, 01:02 PM
rodmunch

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
It is my prediction how it will end up being after neither Drury or Gomez will prove be able to do Nylander's job.
Callahan is scratched. He must be there, but only if plays on PK. Otherwise it's Orr or whoever... Last year Shanny's signing made Prucha expandable. This year DRUMES will effect Callahan. Sorry, that's what Slats do. Good thing is that he traded Cullen...
One of them will be able to do Nylander's job just fine, and I dont see how they affect Callahan, given he is a winger and the other two are centers

rodmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:05 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

Sorry, but those lines are awful to be honest. Im not trying to be mean or anything but you dont sign two of the best centers available to play on the same line with each other. Straka is a terrible center and shouldnt be playing center. Prucha has not earned the right to play on the 1st line. If he starts scoring again then maybe he gets promoted. And why in the world is callahan scratched? He was productive along with adding a huge amount of energy. Betts is by no means a 3rd line center. Sure his defensive game is good but as a 3rd line center you need to produce a little bit and he just doesnt produce anything. Those lines just dont work

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:11 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodmunch View Post
One of them will be able to do Nylander's job just fine, and I dont see how they affect Callahan, given he is a winger and the other two are centers
I don't think they will be able to centre Jarg. I am not the only one in that. Gomez will take Callahan spot. My line up is not what we'll see at the beginning. That is what we'll have by Christmas.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:16 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

You wont have that at all because Drury and Gomez are two good faceoff centers. Some people just look way to much into Nylander being the best center and only center for Jagr. Thats just wrong. Gomez is a great playmaker just like Nylander. I dont see this as being a problem and I highly doubt Jagr wont either.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:33 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You wont have that at all because Drury and Gomez are two good faceoff centers. Some people just look way to much into Nylander being the best center and only center for Jagr. Thats just wrong. Gomez is a great playmaker just like Nylander. I dont see this as being a problem and I highly doubt Jagr wont either.
Face of is a good thing, but it is not what Jarg need. Jarg's line play puck possession game. They are nothing without the puck. Gomez and Drury are the guys who were mostly chasing during their careers. What they are great of is that once they got the puck, they often able to do the most with it
However, in the systems they played, it is the opposition that controls the puck, while quick counterattacks would allow the chasers to score more goals that those having puck control. Jagr needs a different C. That is why Straka will end up centering him, because he knows how to keep the puck very much the way Nylander did.
Both Drury and Gomez are 2nd line centres. Sather simply screwed up by getting two instead of one Rangers desperately needed and Jagr clearly acknowledges that. That and only that made Nylander to go and Rangers will have a very hard time to digest Sathers moves. All of them except the Cullen trade.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Sather simply screwed up by getting two instead of one Rangers desperately needed and Jagr clearly acknowledges that. That and only that made Nylander to go and Rangers will have a very hard time to digest Sathers moves. All of them except the Cullen trade.
This is all wrong. Jagr acknowledges that he is sorry to see Nylander go, but he is clearly excited to play with his new and yes, better centers. He's been quoted in several interviews as saying as much.
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/
Quote:
“The truth is,” Jagr said about the signings of Chris Drury and Scott Gomez, “GM Glen Sather brought Christmas in the middle of the summer. The Rangers had to sign a centerman, so they had to embellish their offers a little, otherwise they would have no one. They hoped for one and they got both Gomez and Drury.”
Quote:
“The future of the organization will be built around them. Sometimes, one has to deal with things quickly. No one is irreplaceable. I don’t have time to cry about not having my centerman and I would only hurt myself [by doing so].”
I'm not familiar with Czech culture, is Christmas bad there?

What made Nylander go was his insistance on a 4 year deal which Sather wisely balked on. You do not give 35 year olds 4 year deals. Not anymore. Sather went and signed both centers only after Nylander recieved his Edm/Wash offer. He did give Glen the option to match but Glen turned it down.

I don't know what you are basing this notion that Nylander is a better center than Gomez or Drury. They have both proven an ability to play with anyone they have been paired with in their careers. Nylander has shown an ability to play well with Jagr and only Jagr. You might be right in the end, but there is nothing in the careers of any of these players to indicate that they'll be utter failures with Jagr.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 07:57 PM
shoothepuck

Gained cap space, got players and a pick, moved an under-acheiver, not a bad deal.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattan Blue View Post
It's ridiculous how freakin' Chris Drury is seen as part of a potential problem towards team chemistry.
Please, let's not overblow what is being stated.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
This is all wrong. Jagr acknowledges that he is sorry to see Nylander go, but he is clearly excited to play with his new and yes, better centers. He's been quoted in several interviews as saying as much.
http://ordinaryleastsquare.typepad.c...shirtbulletin/

I'm not familiar with Czech culture, is Christmas bad there?

What made Nylander go was his insistance on a 4 year deal which Sather wisely balked on. You do not give 35 year olds 4 year deals. Not anymore. Sather went and signed both centers only after Nylander recieved his Edm/Wash offer. He did give Glen the option to match but Glen turned it down.

I don't know what you are basing this notion that Nylander is a better center than Gomez or Drury. They have both proven an ability to play with anyone they have been paired with in their careers. Nylander has shown an ability to play well with Jagr and only Jagr. You might be right in the end, but there is nothing in the careers of any of these players to indicate that they'll be utter failures with Jagr.
Nah, not really.
Meaning of that Jagr's sentence is that Sather paid lot of money to Drury and Gomez but he recognizes them as big step forward.
Sather just delivered christmas gifts in advance.

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote