HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Two Ideas that could work

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-19-2007, 01:48 PM
  #26
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I had flashes of thinking Forsberg on the thrid line. But don't know how he would feel about taking that role. Hes not the best defensive guy but he sure could do the job and if he gets hurt (as with Peca) it gives room for the youngens to come up and get some time.

If Forsberg does play hes gonna cost, and i dont know if dumping Malik or Mara is gonna help things too much. Dont know if the return is going to be efficient enough unless you get Forsberg or Peca cheap and on a one-year trip.

But hypothetically Gomez-Drury-Forsberg-Betts would be a sick middle.

Not sure how you would handle the lines considering Forsbergs a true 1-line center. Yeah its great you would have him in case Gomez or Drury got injured but do you really want a 7million dollar 3rd line center if Renney mixes things up?

Dont think Forsberg is realistic unless he really wants a 3rd line job and willing to take a huge cut.
1. If all these moves end up with Forsberg a NYR by December Glen Sather is a genius.

2. Forsberg immediately becomes your #1 or #2 center. He will immediately get to center for Jagr to see what chemistry that produces.

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 01:56 PM
  #27
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,523
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogie View Post
i dunno forsberg health is a huge issue, plus there is this

"The Denver Post, quoting a Swedish paper, suggests Forsberg's troublesome ankle is feeling better after surgery, although he hasn't skated and may not for a few weeks."

So it looks like he won't be ready to play until december. So you pay him 4mil to miss three months then he will have to get use to the system for another month or so. 4 million is alot for half a season.

Sorry i think i'll pass on forsberg
If he signs on in december it will be on the cheap wherever he goes.

Infact is he waits till December you can bet that he will only sign with a team that looks like a real contender and he will, as he has stated, sign for figure that works with the teams cap.

LOL

Come December he could just look at whose the frontrunner yet looking for Forsberg for the run.

It's not that crazy of an idea.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 02:18 PM
  #28
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
1. If all these moves end up with Forsberg a NYR by December Glen Sather is a genius.

2. Forsberg immediately becomes your #1 or #2 center. He will immediately get to center for Jagr to see what chemistry that produces.
1) Exactly, not only did he nail down Drury and Gomez, but he also found someone to talk to up in the box. I hear Forsberg is a sucker for good conversation.

2) Yup...those will be a splendid 25 or so games. Then he'll go back to being the first line center on the yellow jersey scrimmage squad, while he "heals" (ha ha, get it? Forsberg actually healing).

Forsberg in a Rangers sweater is nothing more then a fanboy's wet dream. If Slats pulls the trigger on this, then the "rebuild" or any premise of a rebuild is consequently over. Forsberg is the tin-man with a hockey stick and is more battered and bruised after 10 games than most players are after 82.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 02:35 PM
  #29
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduke35 View Post
why dont we do a deal like this to the predators, we send them Mara, Malik, and hossa. thats about $6.5 million off the books going to nashville, who gets 2 solid defensemen and a contributer in hossa. while nashville sends us Dan Hamhuis im not sure what he makes but he is a good defensive dman that takes the body and plays solid positional hockey who is i think only 27. that leaves us with prob $3-4million left under the salary cap and we can also sign markov to a $2million dollar offer and still be under the cap with wiggle room.

Rosie Markov
Girardi Tyutin
Staal hamhuis

whattaya think?
Hamhuis is 25 and I think David Poile would want a lot more than that. I don't think he'd be interested in our salary dumps or players who are going to be UFA's.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 02:48 PM
  #30
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,910
vCash: 500
Ive got a question thats somehow eluded me

Why do they call him FOPPA?

:hand over head in a sweeping motion:

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:06 PM
  #31
MidnightRanger
Registered User
 
MidnightRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
I have a better idea... Let's use that money to bring back Nedved!!! Or better yet! Lindros is our man!!!


MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:14 PM
  #32
hdw
Registered User
 
hdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 6,498
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Ive got a question thats somehow eluded me

Why do they call him FOPPA?
Because his surname is Forsberg.

Why do you call a person named Smith for Smithy?


Last edited by hdw: 07-19-2007 at 03:20 PM.
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:51 PM
  #33
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
1) Exactly, not only did he nail down Drury and Gomez, but he also found someone to talk to up in the box. I hear Forsberg is a sucker for good conversation.

2) Yup...those will be a splendid 25 or so games. Then he'll go back to being the first line center on the yellow jersey scrimmage squad, while he "heals" (ha ha, get it? Forsberg actually healing).

Forsberg in a Rangers sweater is nothing more then a fanboy's wet dream. If Slats pulls the trigger on this, then the "rebuild" or any premise of a rebuild is consequently over. Forsberg is the tin-man with a hockey stick and is more battered and bruised after 10 games than most players are after 82.
Honestly, you need to relax man it was just an idea. With Cullen being traded, this was just me looking at all the options. Ok, fine this isnt the best option but it was thrown out there to be discussed. I am a little tired of seeing you ridicule Forsberg and I really hope he gets healthy, plays in december, stays healthty, and does some damage for whatever he team he chooses to play for just to stick it to people like you. Because he still is a great player who plays with grit and offensive ability. Again I;m not trying to promote him like he is the answer, just trying to discuss some options. Also the rebuild would by no means be "over." Its comments like that, that arent well thought out. It would be a one year deal and then he's gone. Dubinsky/Anisimov step in next year and take over.

On a side note, I;m surprised there hasnt been too much discussion on the Nashville theory. To answer someone else's question, I was thinking just deal Malik or Mara off for free. BUT, if you want to try and deal both for a guy like Hamhuis that sounds like a good idea. Again just looking at all the options.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 03:53 PM
  #34
alkurtz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mahopac, NY
Posts: 894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
I have a better idea... Let's use that money to bring back Nedved!!! Or better yet! Lindros is our man!!!

How about Ulf Nilsson...he should be over his broken ankle by now.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 04:20 PM
  #35
polako
Registered User
 
polako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 1,178
vCash: 500
When healthy, Forsberg is 2x the player that Drury and Gomez are combined...so any Forsberg for 3rd line center proposals are out of line.

Besides, his acquisition would require the club to shed more salary to take him on, and even still they would be close to the cap limit. I like Dubinsky, Immonen, or a cheap player like Stefan for the 3rd line.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
  #36
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 12,500
vCash: 500
There comes a time when players are no longer what they used to be. It's apparent to me anyway that time came at least one whole year ago for Forsberg. This injury of his makes me wonder whether his decline as a viable player will escalate even faster because of it. Going into the free agent season we needed 2 centers out of the 4 who were still healthy and viable and had the real ability to play on a top line. Forsberg was not one of them. We did what we had to do--we came back with two of them. It cost us a lot of money but IMO it's a good thing that we're no longer a team that feels the need to take on everyone else's reclamation projects. I hated the Lindros thing--not the player. We did the same with Lafontaine. The guy was one big hit away from the end. An important rule to me when building a team--never take on someone else's problems--never trade players who aren't problems for players who are unless maybe the talent points overwhelmingly to your benefit. A chronically injured player is a big problem. He can't be counted on.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:32 PM
  #37
IanB
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 491
vCash: 500
While Nashville may be a good place to dump some salary, using the spare cap space on Forsberg wouldn't be a good idea.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 05:41 PM
  #38
Its a PP Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 320
vCash: 500
It sounds interesting but I'm not in favor of it. We had a perfectly good 3rd line center in Cullen. I don't think the Rangers traded him with the intention of trading assets and eating up cap space for an injury prone player like Forsberg. I think the 3rd line center spot will be solved from within the organization, possibly Dubinsky or Avery.

Its a PP Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:30 PM
  #39
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Lion Hound;9964269]Wishful thinking!

I like the idea, but don't see how it could become reality. Where would they get the extra $4million?

The powerplay would be insane...hell I think it will already be insane, but he would definately add to it.


If he was to come here though, it would IMO leave the Rangers with too many chiefs, not enough indians!

That has been a problem in the past for this organization.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 06:53 PM
  #40
Mason530
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I don't know how many people have been reading about the situation with Nashville, but they are below the league minimum as a team with their salaries. The league minimum is $34.3 million. GM Dave Polie is going to be and has been looking for a trade to just get them above that league minimum, they are at $31.254 million. Polie will have to take on some salary even if it is not a star player just to get over that amount. Here is our chance to dump Malik or Mara and their salaries. If this happens the Rangers would have around $5 million to spend from both the Cullen trade and what would be this trade. This leads to my second idea.

Some may like this idea, some may not. But their is a 2-way forward still out there who is much better than Peca. He may come for a good price considering his health. On top of this it would only be a one year deal. Adding $3 million to the $5 million we have to spend by demoting Kaspar leaves us with $8 million. I say look hard into Petr Forsberg and see if you can sign him to a one year deal at around $4 million. He's still a great player and plays the game the exact way you'd want Prucha and Callahan to develop into. He'd be a great mentor for those two. He has great passing ability and he'd get Prucha's game back on track.

Now if you can sign Forsberg, re-sign avery for near $2.5 million, hopefully its less which I think it might be a little less. Then sign Hossa for under $1 million. Anything more just let him walk. You have around $1 million left to spend, you can save it or you can somehow try and sign Danil Markov with it. If you cant we have a surplus of defensemen, and Hutchinson or Pock can just become the 6th defenseman which wouldnt be too terrible.

Also even if you cant get Forsberg, still try and cut the deal with Nashville to free up cap space. You could still get an even cheaper Peca for around $2 million and then you'd have the necessary space to sign Markov.

First thing first, Kasper's contract per some articles doesn't get count against salary cap while NYR are still have to pay him.

Forsberg, does it seem like he is having ankle surgery every 6 months? I thought I had bad ankles, I guess his were worse than mine. I think we need some energy on the 3rd line, someone with some offensive upside instead of offensive star.

I know this will kill a lot of fans, but I will even boldly say that I take Malhotra before taking Forsberg.

Mason530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:12 PM
  #41
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Honestly, you need to relax man it was just an idea.
Yes it was. A really bad one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
...but it was thrown out there to be discussed.
But only on your terms it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I am a little tired of...
Maybe one day my chief concern will be your happiness. But until that day, see my avatar for response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
seeing you ridicule Forsberg and I really hope he gets healthy, plays in december, stays healthty, and does some damage for whatever he team he chooses to play for just to stick it to people like you.
People like me? What, realistic types? Put your thumb back in your mouth.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Because he still is a great player who plays with grit and offensive ability.
Why is there never any mention of his health in these little fanboy circle jerks? Hmmm? Because too many heads are confused about what is real and what is EA Sports. In a far away and magical land called X-Box 360, there are no injuries. There are only wet dream acquisitions. In X-Box land Forsberg toots around ice with a vitality his real life counterpart has shown less than a handful of times in his entire career. But that's of no consequence, right? So we have to juggle lines every 10-15 games. Big deal. It matter not because Forsberg is only signed for ONE YEAR, and if the Rangers do win the cup, we may even be able to retire his jersey too. That would really please the Born Yesterday Every Day crowd, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Also the rebuild would by no means be "over." Its comments like that, that arent well thought out.
How is signing Forsberg as the 3rd line center on a team that is now bursting with star-ish players conducive to a rebuild? You want a 3rd line grinder so you go and look for the biggest name out there? That's a rebuild? As SOS has been saying all along, FORSBERG IS NOT NEEDED. You don't sign a guy, plagued with injuries his entire career, to fill a physical and defense role on the team. That is not well thought out. That is more fan boy mental masturbation in hopes of getting one more flashy name added to his jersey collection.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
It would be a one year deal and then he's gone.
That's always the case...

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2007, 11:36 PM
  #42
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Yes it was. A really bad one.



But only on your terms it seems.



Maybe one day my chief concern will be your happiness. But until that day, see my avatar for response.



People like me? What, realistic types? Put your thumb back in your mouth.




Why is there never any mention of his health in these little fanboy circle jerks? Hmmm? Because too many heads are confused about what is real and what is EA Sports. In a far away and magical land called X-Box 360, there are no injuries. There are only wet dream acquisitions. In X-Box land Forsberg toots around ice with a vitality his real life counterpart has shown less than a handful of times in his entire career. But that's of no consequence, right? So we have to juggle lines every 10-15 games. Big deal. It matter not because Forsberg is only signed for ONE YEAR, and if the Rangers do win the cup, we may even be able to retire his jersey too. That would really please the Born Yesterday Every Day crowd, wouldn't it?



How is signing Forsberg as the 3rd line center on a team that is now bursting with star-ish players conducive to a rebuild? You want a 3rd line grinder so you go and look for the biggest name out there? That's a rebuild? As SOS has been saying all along, FORSBERG IS NOT NEEDED. You don't sign a guy, plagued with injuries his entire career, to fill a physical and defense role on the team. That is not well thought out. That is more fan boy mental masturbation in hopes of getting one more flashy name added to his jersey collection.




That's always the case...

First of all, I dont care what you say your just a pathetic person to come on here and say the things you say, half of which aren't even hockey related. Talking about jerking, I mean look at your avatar...seriously how old are you? C'mon man thats just childish.

And don't call me your chief. I'm not your chief, your buddy, or your pal. I'm surprised you even spelt chief right with the brain cells you must have.

And again with your horrible language, "fanboy circle jerks." Sorry I'm not a boy, and sorry no circle jerks either for me but you seem to be quite fond of them since thats what your avatars about and you keep mentioning it. Can you speak with some intelligence please?


I don't play X-Box 360, in fact I don't play video games at all, sorry. But apparently you might because you brought it up and mentioned it twice. The thing in bold is the only thing in that paragraph that would have been a good intelligent response.

And again in your last paragraph, you have the nonsense with that filthy language man. Grow up, if anything your the boy here. Because only boys jerk off as much as your claiming here.

And you can use SOS as reference all you want but at least his reply is not one of a nuisance.

If you don;t like an idea that's fine, but you must have no life to go off the way you do, and put in the time talking the way you do.

Again

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:19 AM
  #43
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post

First of all, I dont care what you say your just a pathetic person to come on here and say the things you say, half of which aren't even hockey related. Talking about jerking, I mean look at your avatar...seriously how old are you? C'mon man thats just childish.
When all else fails...attack the character. Bravo! You've found the cliche in only 2 responses. Well...some could argue that suggesting the team sign an aging veteran to play in a role unsuited to his style simply because his name is recognizable is cliche enough. I assume the next response will be "you're not going to stoop" to my level or "out of respect for..." (that's a good one. Makes you sound important and decent). Or do I get the Jagr68NYR94Leetch Gone Wild...where you do your absolute best to give me both sides of your tongue in a PM, all along not realizing that PMs are censored too? Hmmm...so many choices.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And don't call me your chief. I'm not your chief, your buddy, or your pal. I'm surprised you even spelt chief right with the brain cells you must have.
Well that's certainly rich. Ahem...it's 'SPELLED' and it's Chief as in: most important NOT Leader.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And again with your horrible language, "fanboy circle jerks." Sorry I'm not a boy, and sorry no circle jerks either for me but you seem to be quite fond of them since thats what your avatars about and you keep mentioning it. Can you speak with some intelligence please?
As opposed to your horrible attempt to insult me? The last gasps of a defeated board member it sounds like to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
I don't play X-Box 360, in fact I don't play video games at all, sorry. But apparently you might because you brought it up and mentioned it twice.
Absolutely I do. 'OBLIVION' is the bees knees as far as video games go (CUE j68nyr96l insult in 5-4-3..).


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The thing in bold is the only thing in that paragraph that would have been a good intelligent response.
Well..at least one of us knows how to write one Thank you for playing.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And again in your last paragraph, you have the nonsense with that filthy language man. Grow up, if anything your the boy here. Because only boys jerk off as much as your claiming here.
Stop with the swooning. You're not an 19th century jezabelle, whose virgin eyes have never seen such language before. Stop trying to take the moral high ground. I beat your ridiculous idea into a pulp and all you have left are petty insults. Show some pride. Lick your wounds and take it like a man. You've lost. Happens to the best of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And you can use SOS as reference all you want but at least his reply is not one of a nuisance.
Give him time. With proper motivation, SOS will eat the boogers out of your nose and ask for seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
If you don;t like an idea that's fine, but you must have no life to go off the way you do, and put in the time talking the way you do.
Meanwhile you've just spent an entire post insulting me...in a very poor manner. Rather than try to strengthen your "ideas", you take the cowards way out and just spit derision at me. I called you out onto the carpet...and this is all you have for me? Try a little harder next time. [/QUOTE]


Last edited by Shadowtron: 07-20-2007 at 12:35 AM.
Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:30 AM
  #44
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Spelt is actually a word, but okay your right genius.

Everything else in your post isnt even worth responding to because its crap

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:33 AM
  #45
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
And what do I have to strengthen? I've stressed my theory with the ideas behind them. You didnt like them and thats fine. I'm not looking to go out onto the "carpet" with you. This is no example of a coward's way out, I just dont feel like fighting with another Rangers fan. It is sad to see how you would shoot down another ranger fan in the way you did. The fact that you said his age is a factor among a few other things, were sensible and reasonable to stress that it is a negative to sign him...and thats fine to do that. But there is no reason to go as far as you did.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:41 AM
  #46
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Spelt is actually a word, but okay your right genius.
So is stupider...doesn't mean we should be using them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Everything else in your post isnt even worth responding to because its crap
"I assume the next response will be "you're not going to stoop" to my level..."


Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
  #47
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
So is stupider...doesn't mean we should be using them.



"I assume the next response will be "you're not going to stoop" to my level..."

Spelt really is a word but I'm not gonna have a whole argument on spelt being word.

That's the second time you've mentioned the "stoop to my level" comment. How many times are you gonna say that already.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:51 AM
  #48
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
And what do I have to strengthen?
You're ability to insult other for starters.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
You didnt like them and thats fine.
Yes...I too aggressively insult the intelligence of a fellow poster when I'm "fine" with their opposing opinion.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
...I just dont feel like fighting with another Rangers fan.
That was evident in your initial response to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
It is sad to see how you would shoot down another ranger fan in the way you did.
With light sarcasm and accusing some people of just wanting one more star on broadway? That warranted the insults you hurled at me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
The fact that you said his age is a factor among a few other things, were sensible and reasonable to stress that it is a negative to sign him...and thats fine to do that.
Unfortunately you were unable to ignore your bruised ego long enough to respond with equal sensibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
But there is no reason to go as far as you did.
You didn't seem to have any problem doing so yourself.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:54 AM
  #49
Shadowtron
Registered User
 
Shadowtron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 5,524
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Spelt really is a word but I'm not gonna have a whole argument on spelt being word.
Er...I know it is. My point was that simply because it's a word...doesn't necessarily mean we should use it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
That's the second time you've mentioned the "stoop to my level" comment. How many times are you gonna say that already.
As soon as you stop rolling out the cliches.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2007, 12:55 AM
  #50
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,168
vCash: 500
You didnt have to be so harsh in your initial response. That's all I'm saying. Sorry if I went a little too far also, just didnt like how hard you came down on me, didnt think that was warranted either. I;m not stupid I understand the nature of this team and that Forsberg is probably not the guy you want there, but I wanted to see what people thought. Again its fine if you dont like it, just no need to be a jerk about it with the "wet dream" comments.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.