Notices

Nice cheapshot Elbow by Morrow

Closed Thread

Old
03-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Flamin' Griz

vCash: 500
Nice cheapshot Elbow by Morrow

The kid should really pick his spots better. He can ask Dollar Bill what it's like to tussle with a motivated Jarome Iginla. Morrow better hope this game stays close.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:47 PM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Oliwa should have been dressed.
Brutal officiating. Stars got handed this one.

Old
03-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Chaos

Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Ah yes...the obligatory blame it on the refs thread

Old
03-05-2004, 10:36 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starsfan09
Ah yes...the obligatory blame it on the refs thread
Actually, the thread had nothing to do with the refs. One reply did.
Big difference.

Old
03-05-2004, 11:08 PM
starsman93*

handed!? I'm sorry but last time I checked, when the score ends up with a 4 goal victory, its not all the refs fault.

Old
03-06-2004, 12:29 AM
morrow1005

Send a message via AIM to morrow1005 Send a message via Yahoo to morrow1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Griz
The kid should really pick his spots better. He can ask Dollar Bill what it's like to tussle with a motivated Jarome Iginla. Morrow better hope this game stays close.
I was at the game and Iginla line up with Morrow at the start of the 2nd and nothing came of it. He had his chances to get at Morrow but didnt so oh well. BTW Corson rocked Green. Poor Ott I love the kid to death but cant fight to save his life.

Old
03-06-2004, 06:40 AM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow1005
I was at the game and Iginla line up with Morrow at the start of the 2nd and nothing came of it. He had his chances to get at Morrow but didnt so oh well. BTW Corson rocked Green. Poor Ott I love the kid to death but cant fight to save his life.
HI son... tell your mom she is going to have to book a few more wrong dates.. Im getting tired of listening to the game on radio while yall are there... LOL See ya tomorrow Dad

Old
03-06-2004, 07:29 AM
HellsBells

Quote:
Yeah, Iggy could beat the crap out of Ott with his eyes closed. Morrow too. I'm not making excuses at all, the Flames played like crap and deserved to lose but that kind of ***** has no place in the game these days. It was a blatant cheap shot. I imagine Guerin was warning him anyway.

Guerin - "Hey Morrow, I wouldn't do that if I were you, you did see Iginla beat the absolute crap out of me last year, didn't you ??"

Morrow - "Yeah, I'm not planning on fighting him, I just love cheap-shots and never fight anyone tough. I'll let Ott take the beating for me".

Old
03-06-2004, 08:50 AM
FLAMESFAN

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsman93
handed!? I'm sorry but last time I checked, when the score ends up with a 4 goal victory, its not all the refs fault.
Sorry, I was a little upset right after the loss. No, you guys out played us. That spark just wasn't there, and when it would start, they'd be short handed again. I won't say that the game was handed to them, but the officiating was brutal.

Old
03-06-2004, 09:43 AM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Yes. Iginla wasn't stupid enough to take himself out of the game when it was still undecided.
Once the game got out of hand Tippett made sure they weren't on the ice together. Smart move by him.

If Iginla had writhed around on the ice a little more Morrow would be looking at a suspension....and he might be anyway.

Cheapshot in the purest sense of the word.

Old
03-06-2004, 10:48 AM
morrow1005

Send a message via AIM to morrow1005 Send a message via Yahoo to morrow1005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
Yeah, Iggy could beat the crap out of Ott with his eyes closed. Morrow too. I'm not making excuses at all, the Flames played like crap and deserved to lose but that kind of ***** has no place in the game these days. It was a blatant cheap shot. I imagine Guerin was warning him anyway.

Guerin - "Hey Morrow, I wouldn't do that if I were you, you did see Iginla beat the absolute crap out of me last year, didn't you ??"

Morrow - "Yeah, I'm not planning on fighting him, I just love cheap-shots and never fight anyone tough. I'll let Ott take the beating for me".
Morrow has fought Iginla before so I HIGHLY doubt he wouldnt do so again if need be. Morrow is not a cheapshot player. Hes a tough agressive player.

Old
03-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Morrow has fought Iginla before so I HIGHLY doubt he wouldnt do so again if need be. Morrow is not a cheapshot player. Hes a tough agressive player.
Was the elbow from behind last night not a cheapshot?

Old
03-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Was the elbow from behind last night not a cheapshot?
Oh most definitely, but you described him like a wuss that does not defend his own actions. Morrow gives as well as gets. He's a lethal hitter but is not known for pulling cheapshots like this, in fact, this is the first one I can remember in quite some time. One dirty incident does not make a player a cheapshot artist.

Oh and Morrow is averaging way above double digit numbers in terms of fighting majors per season.

Old
03-06-2004, 12:29 PM
Flamin' Griz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Oh most definitely, but you described him like a wuss that does not defend his own actions. Morrow gives as well as gets. He's a lethal hitter but is not known for pulling cheapshots like this, in fact, this is the first one I can remember in quite some time. One dirty incident does not make a player a cheapshot artist.

Oh and Morrow is averaging way above double digit numbers in terms of fighting majors per season.
Where did I describe him like a wuss? All I said is that he'd get his hat fed to him if Iginla got ahold of him last night.

That make's him a wuss?

Old
03-06-2004, 12:36 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Where did I describe him like a wuss? All I said is that he'd get his hat fed to him if Iginla got ahold of him last night.

That make's him a wuss?
I apologize, it was "Garfield" that described him that way, not you.

Either way, it's yet to be seen how Morrow would fare against Iggy. Morrow might be smaller and he's far from a heavy weight but he usually hangs in pretty well with the best of 'm.

Old
03-06-2004, 03:07 PM
Dr GLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garfield
I'm not making excuses at all, the Flames played like crap and deserved to lose but that kind of ***** has no place in the game these days. It was a blatant cheap shot.
Kind of like the spear Morrow took in the face late in the game from one of Calgary's D (think it was Gauthier), huh?

Both teams had a cheap shot or two in that game, and I think Morrow would have been willing to go with Iginla were they on the ice at the same time (Iginla's line was matched up against Modano's so that's no shocker). Iginla was after DiMaio all night to drop the gloves, so he was definitely distracted...

Old
03-07-2004, 05:14 PM
SpinTheBlackCircle
Global Moderator
s'all good, man.

Nice cheap slew-foot today by Morrow. Class guy, no doubt.

Old
03-07-2004, 05:44 PM
starsman93*

that was definately not a slew foot. He even tried to brace the guy. He was trying to negate the icing call, nothing wrong on his part. And let me guess you were listening to those idiot espn announcers who have no idea what they are talking about. It was not intentional at all.

Old
03-07-2004, 05:45 PM
Troy McClure

Nice job of trolling.

What makes you think Stars fans are going to care one bit? We love Morrow's game and he's been the best player here all season.

Old
03-07-2004, 06:59 PM
Dr GLU

One too many trolls coming here to start trouble spells a closed thread.

Closed Thread